Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2022, 3:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Recently spent 3 nights here. No upgrade from having booked a king deluxe as they were full. And they were, it was very busy with meetings and banquets in the evening.

Only news to report is that they now have got the horrible big green Crabtree & Evelyn now fitted in the shower and sink.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 12:42 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
I’ve just done a 3 night stay this week and was upgraded from a king deluxe room to a junior suite. This is the first time I’ve ever got a suite as an upgrade here. Rather strangely though, I had chosen my room the night before on the app but when I got there, the girl at reception gave me my room key for a room on the 3rd floor. When I said I had already chosen my room on the 7th floor, she looked confused but changed me to the room I had chosen the night before? I’m not sure what that was all about.
Lounge food was the same 3 hot dish rotation as before. The cheese was quite amusing, instead of having a mix of different types, every night there were huge lumps of the same kind, one night was cheddar, next it was Brie and then what looked liked Stilton.
some familiar faces but as has been said, the majority of the front desk staff looked new and relatively inexperienced.
My room had the larger sized bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body wash, no dispensers to be seen.
all in all, another pleasant stay as usual.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 1:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Accor Silver, Hyatt Explorist
New one on me. Staying at the Bankside tonight. App yesterday at online checkin showed I’d be upgraded to a One Bedroom Suite. Wake up this morning, and looking on the app I am now in a King Deluxe (which is still an upgrade on the room type I booked). When I ask the hotel why the change over night, after much back and forth, apparently they were able to sell the Suite so decided to remove the upgrade! I’ve never experienced this before and didn’t know it was even a thing a hotel would do once a upgrade was given!
Old Jan 10, 2023, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by ibbitsc
New one on me. Staying at the Bankside tonight. App yesterday at online checkin showed I’d be upgraded to a One Bedroom Suite. Wake up this morning, and looking on the app I am now in a King Deluxe (which is still an upgrade on the room type I booked). When I ask the hotel why the change over night, after much back and forth, apparently they were able to sell the Suite so decided to remove the upgrade! I’ve never experienced this before and didn’t know it was even a thing a hotel would do once a upgrade was given!
Hi

Whilst rare , the upgrade then down grade has happened to me at the waldorf astoria berlin ( upgraded to a junior suite then down to a deluxe with view on day of checkin) but this was the only occasion

Regards

Tbs
Old Jan 10, 2023, 2:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Accor Silver, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

Whilst rare , the upgrade then down grade has happened to me at the waldorf astoria berlin ( upgraded to a junior suite then down to a deluxe with view on day of checkin) but this was the only occasion

Regards

Tbs
Amazingly, after speaking to the hotel it's back to a suite now. All good fun!
Old Jan 10, 2023, 1:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Last time I stayed in the Bankside I use OLCI to choose my (upgraded to a suite) room. I chose a room that I knew had a decent view of the Shard. I arrived and was given my room, which was still a suite but on the second floor, which had no view at all.

when I questioned this, some furious keyboard action resulted me getting the room I had selected in the first place, so it was clearly available. No explanation was offered as to why this had happened.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 7:55 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by ibbitsc
Happened to me once at Hilton Olympia, questioned it on check in and told they had sold the suite and downgraded me however they did bat 20k of points over to me for the inconvenience.
ibbitsc likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 9:56 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Planning a trip late June for wife and I to do the typical touristy stuff. How does Bankside compare to Lost Property - St Paul's, as both are going for 80k points? Bigger rooms? Accessibility of all the sites on the Jubilee line vs Central line? Higher chance of upgrade? Both seem relatively easy to connect to the Elizabeth line.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 11:39 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ChevyCruze
Planning a trip late June for wife and I to do the typical touristy stuff. How does Bankside compare to Lost Property - St Paul's, as both are going for 80k points? Bigger rooms? Accessibility of all the sites on the Jubilee line vs Central line? Higher chance of upgrade? Both seem relatively easy to connect to the Elizabeth line.
Lost Property is a very different sort of hotel to Bankside, a relatively small boutique hotel compared to a mediium plus corporate Hilton. LP is a good one for a tourist stay for couples who want to be somewhere really central. See the Lost Property thread for more details. Bankside would have the bigger rooms, without question. LP definitely has the edge on location, it's right next to St. Paul's Cathedral. Upgrade chances - I'd say Bankside, but I was upgraded in LP too.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 1:49 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Lost Property is a very different sort of hotel to Bankside, a relatively small boutique hotel compared to a mediium plus corporate Hilton. LP is a good one for a tourist stay for couples who want to be somewhere really central. See the Lost Property thread for more details. Bankside would have the bigger rooms, without question. LP definitely has the edge on location, it's right next to St. Paul's Cathedral. Upgrade chances - I'd say Bankside, but I was upgraded in LP too.
Thanks corporate-wage-slave Good to know! Saw your post on the LP thread but haven't seen much else on FT, Reddit or even Youtube. Will likely stay at LP based on location being key.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by FC flyer
Staying here this weekend. Took metro from LHR. A little over an hour and an easy walk to the hotel. We come to London most years and stay at the Waldorf. I don’t think I’ll ever go back to the Waldorf. I really don’t understand how anyone can say the neighborhood is ‘dodgy’. We spent hours walking around and if anything, it’s trendy. There is a Gordon Ramsey restaurant about a block away, great neighborhood restaurants and a darling local pub called the White Hart at the end of the block. Great fish and chip at Olleys a few blocks away. It’s a 15 minute walk to St. Paul’s or Trafalger’s and Gordon’s wine bar. The room at the hotel is nice, staff lovely, good breakfast and ok happy hour. I actually hate the free candy by the front desk because they have my favorite licorice and I can’t stop eating it. Free shortbread cookies daily. My husband says I am pretty high maintenance, and I really like this hotel.
Hi! I am considering between this Hilton and the new Canopy London City for my first time in London (July 2023) with my hubby. Which Gordon Ramsay restaurant is this close to? I was hoping to try one, and was considering Heddon Kitchen. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I keep waivering between the 2 hotels, and currently have the Canopy on reserve, but may switch over to the 2 twin bed executive room here instead.... It is such a hard decision!
Old Jan 19, 2023, 3:45 pm

Programs: Delta DM, MM
Bread Street Kitchen in Southwark. We have stayed in many of the London Hiltons, really enjoyed this one and the neighborhood
lsquare and wizla like this.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 9:42 pm

Programs: United Silver, Hilton Diamond
Considering this property for a family vacation in May. What's the difference between a standard king room and a deluxe king room?

The written description and size (30 m sq.) are the exact same on the Hilton site. Given we're looking at 3 rooms across 4 nights, it'll be about $450 USD difference in total between the room types. I assume it's not worth it to book the deluxe rooms but wanted to get some wisdom from the crowd.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 1:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
From memory you get a bathrobe and some slippers, and maybe some upgraded amenities.

One of those room types I'm not sure I'd personally pay for.
Blueapple likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by S_W_S
From memory you get a bathrobe and some slippers, and maybe some upgraded amenities.

One of those room types I'm not sure I'd personally pay for.
This, you used to get a really well stocked, free,
minibar (no alcohol) but this has been paired back now. The room positions are slightly better too.
Blueapple likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.