Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Palm Jumeirah {ARE}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Palm Jumeirah {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2018, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by flockavelliFT
I linked to the my post in the BRG thread in my comment. ^ Trip.com
Sorry. I was on mobile and did not see the hyperlink. Good find!

I stayed on the Visa signature stay 2 get 1 free promotion last year.
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:19 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Any recent Diamond experiences - or pretty much the same as before?
Old Oct 6, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Any recent Diamond experiences - or pretty much the same as before?
Currently staying here as a Diamond for 2 days. But I also got a BRG approved (see above), which made the decision easier. Booked a King Deluxe Skyline Sea View (which was the cheapest).
Overall certainly a pristine hotel. Although I haven't been to the UAE before that much, so also lacking the comparison. Will be at Grosvenor's House next as a SPG Platinum.
Didn't get an upgrade ("fully booked" which was an obvious lie in my opinion). But I also arrived already at 7AM since we had to reschedule flights. And they had a room ready for me, which was more important to me. And we even could get breakfast the same day. Standard rooms are still impressive also. Also got vouchers for 2 drinks at the bar.
Breakfast buffet is still included for Diamond members and enormous. Great selection, but a bit hectic in my opinion since there are just a couple hundred guests there at the same time.
So in conclusion: great hotel, wouldn't expect huge upgrades as a Diamond, but certainly good recognition, especially if you arrive far too early as in my case. Can't complain.
GentleGiant and saaveraward like this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Do the suites come with access to the lounge? I suspect not. Or if they do which ones?
Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
“Premier” suites give lounge acces. “King suites” (same physical room) do not.

The Waldorf Astoria suites do, as does the lone very very very expensive 2 bedroom suite and the insanely priced whole top floor, 3 bed with private elevator, presidential suite.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by rjn21
“Premier” suites give lounge acces. “King suites” (same physical room) do not.

The Waldorf Astoria suites do, as does the lone very very very expensive 2 bedroom suite and the insanely priced whole top floor, 3 bed with private elevator, presidential suite.
OK. So deluxe suites do not.

​​​​​Thanks for your help
Old Dec 28, 2018, 11:11 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
So… no club access. Anyone have success by asking?
Old Dec 29, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
No club access for Diamonds but you do get full breakfast in restaurant which is very good
Club lounge access for Premier arooms, Premier Suites and Waldorf Suites
No club lounge entry for Deluxe Suites
You can pay for club lounge access but very expensive
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 8:10 am

Also drink coupons for Peacock Alley
Old Dec 30, 2018, 5:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum Ambassador, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
So in conclusion: great hotel, wouldn't expect huge upgrades as a Diamond, but certainly good recognition, especially if you arrive far too early as in my case. Can't complain.[/QUOTE]

Have been 3 times as a Diamond booking on points and have been upgraded to a premier suite each time. Twice in January’s and once in April
Old Dec 30, 2018, 9:50 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Checking in today. Hotel called me yesterday — the lady on the other hand of the phone was giggling the entire time, not too sure why. Asked me about my checkin time and asked if I needed anything. Basically said they couldn't do anything except a late checkout (no early checkin, no high floor rooms, no views, certainly no upgrades — all I wanted is a high floor room). Not expecting much since it's new year's eve, but hopefully there's still a slim chance for a surprise at checkin later.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 10:59 pm

There should be decent views of fireworks whether you're facing outwards or inwards - the inwards should have a view of the Palm fireworks, and the outwards should look onto the Madinat Jumeirah fireworks. Was there an option to pick your room online?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Considering staying here 2 nights next month. Wife wants to do the afternoon tea at Burj Al Arab. I assume there's not a water taxi we can taxi from Waldorf to Burj? I know getting on and off the island can be a nightmare so we might just stay in the Marina, but would consider here for 2 nights depending on ease of getting to Burj...

Oh wait, do see now on their website where they provide complementary shuttle service to Mall of Emirates...
Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by canesfan
Considering staying here 2 nights next month. Wife wants to do the afternoon tea at Burj Al Arab. I assume there's not a water taxi we can taxi from Waldorf to Burj? I know getting on and off the island can be a nightmare so we might just stay in the Marina, but would consider here for 2 nights depending on ease of getting to Burj...

Oh wait, do see now on their website where they provide complementary shuttle service to Mall of Emirates...
I did exactly this and took the house car. Inexpensive and didn't take that long at all. Tea was ok.... Friday lunch at Al Qasr was spectacular
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by saaveraward
I did exactly this and took the house car. Inexpensive and didn't take that long at all. Tea was ok.... Friday lunch at Al Qasr was spectacular
Thanks for the response. My wife is insistent on having tea at Burj Al Arab. I'd rather go to Burj Khalifa but I won't win this argument.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.