Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lisbon - Fontana Park {PRT}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
GUIDE to the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lisbon - Fontana Park

Rua Engeneiro Vieira da Silva 2, Lisbon, 1050-105, Portugal
TEL: +351-21-0410600; FAX: +351-21-3579244
Email [email protected]
Website https://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/portugal/doubletree-by-hilton-hotel-lisbon-fontana-park-LISFPDI/index.html
Location: Saldanha residential neighborhood, two blocks south Praça Duque de Saldanha

Check-in: 2:00 pm, Check-out: 12:00 pm
Currency: Euro (€)
Parking: Self parking: 15.00 €
Service animals allowed: Yes
Pets allowed: No
Non-Smoking (Smoking area is available in the patio, outside sheltered pub lounge
Avoid rooms x53 in front of lifts
Streetside rooms noisy

F&B: Saldanha Mar, for Portuguese and Mediterranean dishes
Fontana Bar & Lounge, snacks and drinks, dedicated reading space
Link to page with hours, links to menus
When dining at the hotel children under 5 years old eat free when staying at the hotel, and children aged between 6-12 receive a 50% discount. Children over 12 years pay full price.

Conveniences:
Lounge: No
Business Center: Yes
Power in room: 220 VAC Euro, UK (no multivolt outlet in bathroom, no USB power outlets)
Lighting in room: adequate
Heat & air: Central, thermostat nearly useless
Fitness Center: Yes, 24 hr TechnoGym
Pool: No
Market across street
Neighborhood restaurants, banks

LIS Airport distance from Hotel: 5.3 km.
Drive Time: 12 min in minimal traffic
Taxi: 12 € (bag and night surcharges)
Metro: 2.00 € (red line, 2 long blocks to Saldanha station)
Bus: 3.50 €
30 minutes walk to Rossio Square downtown
See post #64 for maps, below for links
Best bet for breakfast, lunch, pastries is Pastelaria Versailles, ten minutes walk, opulent interiors and excellent baked goods etc. since 1922.
Good informal family restaurant nearby, Mãe (Mom’s), ten minutes walking at 92B Rua D. Estefania
Best museum nearby, 20 minutes walk, the Callouste Gulbenkian Museum. Opulent gardens, world class art collections.

Link to Lisboa Metro home page, map and schedule links (English version)
Link to Lisbon Metro Guide
Link to Carris Lisbon bus system home page (English version)
Link to Hop-on Hop-off Lisbon home page

Link to Lonely Planet - Lisbon Pages
Link to Trip Advisor Lisbon pages
Link to The Fork / La Fourchette pages for dining and booking dining (App is very handy)
Print Wikipost

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lisbon - Fontana Park {PRT}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2017, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Any recent updates folks? Thinking of booking 4 or 5 days over New Year.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:37 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Best I can do is report on a one night stay back in May (I'm Gold). I thought the hotel was acceptable, but not particularly interesting. My wife downright hated the public areas, and felt the room was bland.

We were in a room on the other side of the property from the street, and it faced a lot of residential flats. A bit noisy at night, with dogs barking on and off, and some other unidentifiable ambient noises until well after midnight. Both of us felt breakfast in the restaurant was good.

Location-wise it is a decent neighborhood, but a fairly long walk from the main tourist areas. For the reasonable price paid (€103) I was satisfied, but it could have been free and my wife still would have disliked it. And she is not typically hard to please when it comes to hotels.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:22 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Boutique-sque sort of DT

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lisbon - Fontana Park

Rua Eng. Vieira da Silva, 2 Lisbon, PT 1050-105

Boutique-sque sort of DT (5 Photos)

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lisbon - Fontana Park

This is not smack in the middle of the tourist area of Lisbon.  It's somewhere between the airport and Praca da Commercial.  There is a Sheraton around the corner and 2 metro lines within a walking distance of approx 5-10 mins.  Since I had no large luggage with me, I took the metro to Saldahar and walked to the hotel (this is the same metro line which goes to the airport).  The neighbourhood looks to be a good neighbourhood.  There is a Mercado right in front of the hotel, though I did not explore it.  There are a couple of small shopping centers and quite a number of different cafes and restaurants in the vicinity.  There is also the airport bus (#34 - if I remember correctly) stopping close to the hotel.  I guess you will need to check if the location will suite you for your purpose.  For me it was ok fine for my purpose.

Check In

This property does not yet offer online check-in.  There was no one so I was helped immediately.  It did take slightly longer than usual (not sure if it was due to me being helped by what I felt was someone new, or because they were taking down all my passport details manually).  It took about 10 mins before I got my key.  They forgot to give me the famous DT cookie (which I myself forgot until when I was in my room and realized that I was at a DT).  I did not bother to ask for it later.  

I informed that I will not make it for breakfast (early flight) and asked if I could get something else and was given a welcome drink voucher.

Room

I think I was upgraded, but they put me up in the new renovated wing on the 2nd floor.  The room was quite large (not a jr suite) and spacious.  It was of a modern design with lots of white and clean furniture - might not be to everyone's taste.  The room itself had a 3rd bed in a built-in cupboard.  Even with this 3rd bed, the room would still have some space for luggages.

There was a (first for me) a sort of mirror facing the bed but it actually had a TV behind it, so it's basically a TV in the mirror which was cool.  One of the more modern interior designed themed DT that I've been too.  There was quite a number of channels available in various languages.

There were lots of plugs around including USB charging ones (which should be the norm for new/renovated hotels ot have) including close to the bed.  

Internet seems to be complimentary for all.  I was given a code during check-in which I am not sure if this is only for elite members (for the premium speed), but the quality and speed of the internet was usable.

The bathroom was large with lots of marble everywhere (which can get a bit cold) with a walk-in shower (I don't remember seeing a bathtub).  Lots of sitting area in what I would say is a mix of bathroom and powder room concept.  Water pressure and temperature control was good.  Sadly, the only failure here is in the shower area built where they most probably forgot to angle slightly the floor for the water to flow out.  So after a shower, the whole area including outside of the shower door will be wet and even overnight the water away from the drainage point remained stagnant.  The bathroom also has a large and long window facing the other appartments, so to be sure, you can (electronically) lower the shades.  

Room.jpgRoom2.jpg

Service

I did not use much of other service, but the staff in general were friendly and helpful.  They do have have a fitness center which looked quite well equipped.

Dining

I did not partake in the breakfast service.  Did have a drink at the bar/lounge area - where you can also order sushi (there was what looked to be a chef on site).  On days with a good temperature, sitting outside at the patio is a possibility - which looked relaxing with a nice waterfall installation and patio chairs/lounges.  Service was good.  Noticed the night before that the on-site restaurant was also quite full.

Overall

Overall, a rather unique DT hotel with a very modern interior decoration and concept.  The main check-in area was very spacious and modern with high ceilings.  At least from the main public area, bar, lounge and the new wing, I would say that the hotel quite boutique in feel and far from your normal DT cookie cutter room concept.  In the new renovated part of the hotel, they had a Lisbon theme thing ongoing and the hotel in general had a forest like theme (most probably because it is located close to a park).  This deco might not be for everyone's taste, but for me it was cool and I would certainly return to this property.  For the price paid and what I was received in return was a good value for money.

Interior1.jpgInterior2.jpgLift.jpg

Boutique-sque sort of DT

Would you like to write a review on the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lisbon - Fontana Park?

No, thank you.
Yes
JDiver, Andriyko and Biggie Fries like this.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 10:28 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Post (Disturbing) Stay Report: DoubleTree by Hilton Lisbon Fontana Park February 1, 2018 |

DoubleTree by Hilton Lisbon Fontana Park
AleEat likes this.

Last edited by Konismarck; Jun 3, 2018 at 9:58 am
Old Feb 1, 2018, 2:38 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Thank you for the detailed report and pictures Konismarck! Housekeeping is certainly lacking at this property.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 2:52 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Would have been a cool souvenier to keep the police badge though
earlyriser likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Would have been a cool souvenier to keep the police badge though
Yeah for sure, however the GM asked me to give it back to her.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by Andriyko
Thank you for the detailed report and pictures Konismarck! Housekeeping is certainly lacking at this property.
Agreed.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
You missed out on the perfect title for this thread. ‘Badges? We don’t need no stinkin badges”!
Old Feb 1, 2018, 5:19 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Would have been nice to have a summation of the "disturbing" issues at the start, without having to peruse what seemed like dozens of pictures interspersed with some text to find out the disturbance amounted to some stained bedlinen and a police badge.
dw, smmrfld, notquiteaff and 9 others like this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 6:22 am

Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
Thanks for taking the time to create and post this detailed report!
Konismarck likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 7:56 am
cjd

There's already an existing thread on this property. See: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lisbon - Fontana Park {PRT}

Recently updated with threads in December and January. Hopefully the moderators will combine.
treppenlaeufer likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
What I was left wondering.... how was that greasy KFC dinner after hours of getting schlepped from Uber to Lobby to room1 to room2?
earlyriser likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
What I was left wondering.... how was that greasy KFC dinner after hours of getting schlepped from Uber to Lobby to room1 to room2?
Still good to my taste, the struggle was real.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
You missed out on the perfect title for this thread. ‘Badges? We don’t need no stinkin badges”!

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.