Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lisbon - Fontana Park {PRT}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
GUIDE to the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lisbon - Fontana Park

Rua Engeneiro Vieira da Silva 2, Lisbon, 1050-105, Portugal
TEL: +351-21-0410600; FAX: +351-21-3579244
Email [email protected]
Website https://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/portugal/doubletree-by-hilton-hotel-lisbon-fontana-park-LISFPDI/index.html
Location: Saldanha residential neighborhood, two blocks south Praça Duque de Saldanha

Check-in: 2:00 pm, Check-out: 12:00 pm
Currency: Euro (€)
Parking: Self parking: 15.00 €
Service animals allowed: Yes
Pets allowed: No
Non-Smoking (Smoking area is available in the patio, outside sheltered pub lounge
Avoid rooms x53 in front of lifts
Streetside rooms noisy

F&B: Saldanha Mar, for Portuguese and Mediterranean dishes
Fontana Bar & Lounge, snacks and drinks, dedicated reading space
Link to page with hours, links to menus
When dining at the hotel children under 5 years old eat free when staying at the hotel, and children aged between 6-12 receive a 50% discount. Children over 12 years pay full price.

Conveniences:
Lounge: No
Business Center: Yes
Power in room: 220 VAC Euro, UK (no multivolt outlet in bathroom, no USB power outlets)
Lighting in room: adequate
Heat & air: Central, thermostat nearly useless
Fitness Center: Yes, 24 hr TechnoGym
Pool: No
Market across street
Neighborhood restaurants, banks

LIS Airport distance from Hotel: 5.3 km.
Drive Time: 12 min in minimal traffic
Taxi: 12 € (bag and night surcharges)
Metro: 2.00 € (red line, 2 long blocks to Saldanha station)
Bus: 3.50 €
30 minutes walk to Rossio Square downtown
See post #64 for maps, below for links
Best bet for breakfast, lunch, pastries is Pastelaria Versailles, ten minutes walk, opulent interiors and excellent baked goods etc. since 1922.
Good informal family restaurant nearby, Mãe (Mom’s), ten minutes walking at 92B Rua D. Estefania
Best museum nearby, 20 minutes walk, the Callouste Gulbenkian Museum. Opulent gardens, world class art collections.

Link to Lisboa Metro home page, map and schedule links (English version)
Link to Lisbon Metro Guide
Link to Carris Lisbon bus system home page (English version)
Link to Hop-on Hop-off Lisbon home page

Link to Lonely Planet - Lisbon Pages
Link to Trip Advisor Lisbon pages
Link to The Fork / La Fourchette pages for dining and booking dining (App is very handy)
Print Wikipost

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lisbon - Fontana Park {PRT}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2024, 2:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
so-so experience

Recent stay here.
Good: Very friendly staff.
Good breakfast.
Convenient location.

Not so good:
No upgrade - despite all room categories showing as available.
Overcharged by a few hundred... (but quickly corrected following my email).
Breakfast room too small.
Noise from other rooms audible in-room.
Shut bathroom door offers little privacy.
Wear and Team shows.

An ok choice.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 2:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by the810
Also, they put me on the third floor as a diamond in low season (normally I was put on higher floors even back when I stayed as a blue or silver member) which could perhaps also suggest they are doing something with rooms. Let's hope for the best. I like the hotel in general but it's getting really worn out.
Was on a high floor with no construction visible - though I heard some construction noise.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 3:39 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Recent stay, one night. Used points to book a basic King Double room, was (Diamond) upgraded 2-3 days before arrival to a Deluxe King Double. I think the only difference may be robe & slippers and a Nespresso machine.

I didn't read the wiki here before booking but now I can testify to the importance of the warning therein: 'Streetside rooms noisy'. Like, all night long.

I can't remember the last time I had a hotel breakfast where there was no orange juice. Apple, and pineapple, and some green stuff where the sign said 'flavoured water'.

The staff were friendly and effective. They happily gave me a 14.00 late check-out.

Would I stay again? I don't know. Maybe if, as this time, they were cheaper than the other Hilton properties. I don't really know the city at all so I can't comment about the location in terms of the plusses and minuses of the neighbourhood.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.