Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2013 Changes to HH Reward Stays, new cat., more pts needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Changes to HH Reward Stays, new cat., more pts needed

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2013, 10:26 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by sharklover
I think many hotels do not have rates loaded for next year or at least more than 1 year from now. I tried to book Conrad Koh Samui and nothing loaded the whole of next year.
+1

I'm having issues in Miami as well...
Old Mar 15, 2013, 6:55 am

Programs: Amex Plat UK, BA, Diamond HHonors
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
I just had a perfect "who cares" about Hilton moment yesterday while in TX. Looked at what I was paying and what point wise matters after Hilton pending changes. Cxld Hilton and re-booked Hyatt for lower cost and better location. Loyalty has its limits.
+1 to that.

Actually + 12 for a 12 night stay. Let's keep it real people!
Old Mar 15, 2013, 8:07 am

I think many hotels do not have rates loaded for next year or at least more than 1 year from now. I tried to book Conrad Koh Samui and nothing loaded the whole of next year.
+1 for Conrad Sanya. They have premium villas available, but no standard rooms. Is it conspirasist to think that its to stop people booking awards prior to end march??
Old Mar 15, 2013, 8:53 am
Community Director Emerita

I booked a hotel for June 2014. The award cert expires one year from the date that I booked. Will I be able to use a March 2014 expiring cert on a June 2014 stay? Or does that mean I cannot book more than 12 months away because the award cert can only be issued for 12 months?
Old Mar 15, 2013, 8:55 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by kryten22uk
+1 for Conrad Sanya. They have premium villas available, but no standard rooms. Is it conspirasist to think that its to stop people booking awards prior to end march??
“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you”
Old Mar 15, 2013, 9:27 am

Programs: AA PLT 2mm SPG Gold HH Diamond
Angry

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I booked a hotel for June 2014. The award cert expires one year from the date that I booked. Will I be able to use a March 2014 expiring cert on a June 2014 stay? Or does that mean I cannot book more than 12 months away because the award cert can only be issued for 12 months?
Agent just told me you cannot use it after 12 months.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
What "award cert" was it? I take it you didnt use a standard booking with points?
Old Mar 15, 2013, 10:21 am

Angry

What "award cert" was it? I take it you didnt use a standard booking with points?
Agent told me standard bookings with points and axons are only valid for 1 year
Old Mar 15, 2013, 10:25 am
Community Director Emerita

Mine was an AXON. I was sent an electronic copy, thus was able to see the expiration. And yet the agent who issued it attached it to a June 2014 booking. It would have been nice to have been told if it indeed cannot be used that far out.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 10:26 am

Agent told me standard bookings with points and axons are only valid for 1 year
Agents say a lot of things. Doesnt make them true.

I cant see any T&Cs which limit points rewards. Axon are a different thing, and are a quite likely to have a limit agreed with AMEX.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 10:44 am

Agents say a lot of things. Doesnt make them true.

I cant see any T&Cs which limit points rewards. Axon are a different thing, and are a quite likely to have a limit agreed with AMEX.
She said regular certificates are sent to the hotel and they will not accept them after they are expired. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Old Mar 15, 2013, 10:50 am

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
She said regular certificates are sent to the hotel and they will not accept them after they are expired. Does anyone have any experience with this?
IME, back in the days when Hilton routinely issued award certs for every award stay I booked, every single one of them had an expiration date that was one year from the date the cert was issued.

Since they (mostly) stopped sending the certs, it's harder to tell when they expire, but one year from issue date would not surprise me.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 12:36 pm

Must have been a temporary glitch as I can now see revenue and points availability at both.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 1:13 pm

Must have been a temporary glitch as I can now see revenue and points availability at both.
Yes it was. I saw it was available today for March next year. That is when i called and agent said can't book award more than a year.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 1:21 pm

Yes it was. I saw it was available today for March next year. That is when i called and agent said can't book award more than a year.
And my agent just booked mine without issue for April 2014...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.