FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   2013 Changes to HH Reward Stays, new cat., more pts needed (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1440180-2013-changes-hh-reward-stays-new-cat-more-pts-needed.html)

jefftiger Mar 10, 2013 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by caGALINDO (Post 20395639)
can anyone confirm if they are still issuing AXON awards/whats the last date you booked/heard someone booked an AXON?

I booked an AXON7 yesterday (9 March) via the Diamond desk for a stay next February at the Conrad Hong Kong.

Ritz Mar 10, 2013 2:52 pm

can anyone confirm if they are still issuing AXON awards/whats the last date you booked/heard someone booked an AXON?

As of right now, they have no stated that AXONs are ending. This is an assumption based on logic and innuendo - but nothing has been written confirmed.

adgtravel Mar 10, 2013 4:09 pm

How do you book more than 12 months out? Website does not go past March 2014. Thanks

Ritz Mar 10, 2013 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by adgtravel (Post 20396174)
How do you book more than 12 months out? Website does not go past March 2014. Thanks

Call.

Happy Mar 10, 2013 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by Ritz (Post 20396274)
Call.

Not always works. At least one person I knew thought she was able to book beyond one year on an AXON and later found out the cert only had one year validity.

Happy Mar 10, 2013 9:09 pm

Exactly one year from the date you call to book is the farthest for an AXON which can be booked till Mar 28.

stifle Mar 12, 2013 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Ritz (Post 20395769)
As of right now, they have no stated that AXONs are ending. This is an assumption based on logic and innuendo - but nothing has been written confirmed.

Nothing has been written, but a wide range of posters have stated they have been told by a range of official sources that AXON ceases in a few weeks.

sharklover Mar 12, 2013 10:15 am

How sad it is

I really am amazed how Hilton can make a major devaluation in one year. Its even harder to believe that they have not even notified many or most of their loyal customers. So many people will not find out until it is too late. I have found the hhonors points have not been worthwhile to use at most locations prior to this valuation. For me the cutoff was each point being worth .66c. There are a few very high end hotels that were worth significantly more than this. It seems that now it will be almost impossible to get .66c and even .5c. Many hotels would be $129 and 40,000 points which did not make sense to me. Sadly I had 975,000 points when i found this out. I decided to use as many as I could. I just booked the Conrad Koy Samui for 290,000 for 8 nights. This is the best use of points I have ever had making each point worth over 2c. Previously I went to the Maldives twice but the rate was much lower as I went in low season. I guess even after the devaluation a hotel like the Conrad Koh Samui will still be a good use of points if you have enough but that will probably be 1 of a handful that will give you good value.

After all my bookings I will be down to around 300,000 if not lower.

I assume Hilton has figured that they will loose a lot of their diamonds but in the long run they will save a lot more money with the point devaluation. I just heard on cnbc that PSG has 50% of its rooms booked with points.

I really hope hilton does lose a huge number of loyal customers that will make them feel some pain.

The only saving grace would be something much better with Axon but does not sound like it will happen.

I don't travel much anymore. I mainly earn points from $40,000 surpass spend.

Notenut Mar 12, 2013 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Pup (Post 20393977)

As an update, it is now up again, at least for the moment.

BarryL Mar 12, 2013 7:48 pm

I have 750k to burn up still. Conrad Maldives one last time in 2014 is my plan.

Then after 11 yrs being Diamond, CYA Hilton.

The_Wrath_of_Khan Mar 12, 2013 8:27 pm

Is Conrad Maldives really worth it? I hate the idea of being trapped there for a week.

Ritz Mar 12, 2013 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna (Post 20409686)
Is Conrad Maldives really worth it?

Sure is.

jasonvr Mar 12, 2013 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna (Post 20409686)
Is Conrad Maldives really worth it? I hate the idea of being trapped there for a week.

Absol-friggin'-lutely!

The_Wrath_of_Khan Mar 12, 2013 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by Ritz (Post 20409726)
Sure is.

Is there anywhere outside the resort that you can visit? Do you like Koh Samui?

nlkm9 Mar 12, 2013 9:13 pm

I'm still annoyed at having to stay 30 nites to be diamond..I don't think I can take anymore changes!