Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava {SVK}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava {SVK}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2016, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by helosc
YES absolutely.
It's not a bad area, just not very interesting.
excellent....thanks again....
Old Aug 17, 2016, 4:59 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
The location is of course not too close to old town but it's easy to get into town.
We used the trolley busses from the 'Zimny Stadion' stop (I just checked the public transport homepage and it's 205 + 207).
It didn't take too long, maybe 15 minutes.
The homepage has some very useful maps :
https://imhd.sk/ba/maps
Old Aug 17, 2016, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by helosc
The location is of course not too close to old town but it's easy to get into town.
We used the trolley busses from the 'Zimny Stadion' stop (I just checked the public transport homepage and it's 205 + 207).
It didn't take too long, maybe 15 minutes.
The homepage has some very useful maps :
https://imhd.sk/ba/maps
very helpful....^^
Old Aug 18, 2016, 8:50 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Stayed in May for 3 nights - 2 rooms (1 room on points + cash and 1 room cash), Both rooms booked by different Diamond members. The nice thing was that the booking system allowed us to book a room for 3 adults on the points and cash rate for the same points-cash rate as booking for 2 adults, while the room was an upgraded deluxe room (with extra sofa bed, very spacious and apparently the only room type that allows 3 adults). The other room was upgraded from standard to one bedroom suite.
The only thing we didn't like was that the rooms were overheated and hard to get cool. Swimming pool and sauna/steam bath were very nice, so was the breakfast (free breakfast was also given for the 3rd adult in the first room after asking) and nice staff.
Hotel is modern and spacious, the rooms are a bit basic though, bathrooms were big.
Location was definitely ok, bus stop right in front (central train station one direction and airport the other direction so very convenient). Perfect for a weekend away and we would definitely return!
Old Aug 19, 2016, 5:55 am
jxd

Stayed there almost exactly a year ago, booked 3 nights using points. Service was excellent, breakfast was good. Got upgraded to a suite from a standard room despite being the peak of the summer vacations. Location was alright, a taxi ride to the old town costs about 3-5 (don't flag down taxis, you're very likely to be scammed. Use a taxi app and make sure the driver uses meter), or its a 15 mins bus ride (non air conditioned, extremely warm during the summer) to the old town which is about 1.

All in all i really enjoyed my stay.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Stayed for for five nights on points over New Years Eve , was upgraded to a suite, staff where mostly fantastic. Girl who checked me in would have rather been anywhere else. Breakfast for diamonds in the restaurant had a really great choice.
Easy to get around either by bus or tram, be careful on cabs, was charged 5 euro to get to old town for NYE, but was charged 20.00. Euro to get to the train station.
Would definitely stay again, great value for points at 10,000 per night

Old Jan 4, 2018, 7:47 pm

Stayed recently and can highly recommend as well. Diamond suite upgrade, great breakfast, very nice gym/pool/spa. My experience with the staff was 100% positive from check-in to check-out - formal, enthusiastic service of a type I rarely encounter.

It is a bit out of the tourist center as noted but there are also some fantastic local restaurants and big grocery stores in the residential area a 10-15 minute walk to the northeast. Use public transit or get cab fares quoted before you enter the vehicle. Supposedly there is Uber in the city but I got nothing but errors when trying it.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 8:11 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I also got a suite when I stayed here for 10000 points. There was a cake in the room. I walked to and from the train and bus stations, and my ticket to Vienna cost 1 euro but I was nearly refused entry to the bus, despite having a timed booking and showing up 15 minutes early, as they had started filling it up with other passengers.

I spent about 2 hours in the breakfast room and only saw 6 other guests. It was a weeknight. The food was good but the tables were positioned awkwardly distant from the sofa-style chairs, which were also very low resulting in plates reaching halfway to my chin level. I am 6 feet tall.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by :D!
the tables were positioned awkwardly distant from the sofa-style chairs, which were also very low resulting in plates reaching halfway to my chin level. I am 6 feet tall.
Lol, I never noticed this. I ate every morning but at regular tables and chairs. Was this in Opus?
Old Jan 5, 2018, 6:08 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Lol, I never noticed this. I ate every morning but at regular tables and chairs. Was this in Opus?
Umm, it was the restaurant with the entrance just to the left of the front desk, more to the back of the hotel, you pass the buffet area before you get to the tables
Old Jan 5, 2018, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by :D!
Umm, it was the restaurant with the entrance just to the left of the front desk, more to the back of the hotel, you pass the buffet area before you get to the tables
Yeah, that's it. Just curious. Very strange! Maybe they redid the furniture.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:04 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Yes the table thing was very weird , I’m just under six foot and needed to sit in a regular chair as well, since sitting on the sofa style ones would put the plate nearly at my chin. During the week I was there breakfast had a least 15 tables used every morning.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by ozstock
During the week I was there breakfast had a least 15 tables used every morning.
Ah, interesting. When I was there, I never saw more than 5 other guests.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Had a 1-night stay recently, a great option in Bratislava. Booked basic room, upgraded to suite. Breakfast spread downstairs was quite good, eggs made to order. Location is decent, Uber in Bratislava is very cheap, highly recommend it.

What I found weird is that the lobby seemed to be an exhibition space for cars! When checking in, there was a Mercedes CLA, and when coming back, it had switched to a BMW. Did not really add to the atmosphere...
Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:38 pm

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Is Bratislava a dangerous city for tourists??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.