Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parmelia Hilton Perth {AUS}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2012, 8:35 pm

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
I'm on day 4 of a 6 day stay here. Got upgraded to a King Suite. Really a nice room. The breakfast spread is huge from eggs cooked to order to steamed prawn dumplings. They even have a juicer with carrots, apples and celery to make your own juice. Decent Steakhouse next door. The exercise room is one of the nicest I have seen in Hiltons with top of the line treadmills, cross trainers and bikes. The staff has been outstanding as well. I would not hesitate to stay here again.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 6:14 pm

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
Stayed here in December for 1 night, then back for 4 nights at the end of our trip to Western Australia. Our first room was very basic, dated and disappointing. Upon our return we were upgraded to a deluxe room, but it was an accessible room so it had very limited counter space in the bathroom. This hotel needs an extreme overhaul and an exterior paint job. The elevators were a nightmare as only 1 went down and all three went up. It took three days of telling them there was something wrong with them to get the staff to realize the elevators were not working. The breakfast was good, but in the steakhouse next door as the restaurant was under renovation.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 2:26 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
It will do as a backup to the Hyatt down the road, but Perth hotels don't exactly compete with their SYD/ MEL counterparts.....
Old Apr 25, 2013, 11:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, Flying Blue Gold, MH Enrich Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Just checked in and received the most insulting upgrade ever as a Diamond: "We upgraded you from a Queen to a King"... Laughable... Never had that in 6 years as Diamond, especially when much nicer rooms are still sold on the webite.
On top of that, 0 amenity in the room. Especially when there is no lounge, my experience is that the hotel go the extra mile to give a nice "in room amenity" such as fruits, wine, champagne, chocolate, etc. Here, nothing! The complimentary water as a diamond member was not even available. After a phone call to reception, we were allowed to use the water from the bar... Disappointing. I will definitely go in another hotel when back in Perth. No benefit for Hilton loyalty.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by shillard
It will do as a backup to the Hyatt down the road, but Perth hotels don't exactly compete with their SYD/ MEL counterparts.....
How is the Hyatt? Nice lounge? I am likely to stay there on my next visit as it is $100/nt cheaper than the Parmelia though somewhat less convenient to my office.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 2:23 am

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingYan
Just checked in and received the most insulting upgrade ever as a Diamond: "We upgraded you from a Queen to a King"... Laughable... Never had that in 6 years as Diamond, especially when much nicer rooms are still sold on the webite.
On top of that, 0 amenity in the room. Especially when there is no lounge, my experience is that the hotel go the extra mile to give a nice "in room amenity" such as fruits, wine, champagne, chocolate, etc. Here, nothing! The complimentary water as a diamond member was not even available. After a phone call to reception, we were allowed to use the water from the bar... Disappointing. I will definitely go in another hotel when back in Perth. No benefit for Hilton loyalty.
I am expecting the same upgrade when I check-in this week!

I have booked a Queen room and expect just a single upgrade to a King room, even though all the other room types are available !

As you said no lounge so they should give you a welcome kit of fruit/beer/wine/chocolate/water

They are currently upgrading the hotel but not sure if that includes an Exec lounge

Old Nov 19, 2013, 3:37 pm

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by AndDee
I am expecting the same upgrade when I check-in this week!

I have booked a Queen room and expect just a single upgrade to a King room, even though all the other room types are available !

As you said no lounge so they should give you a welcome kit of fruit/beer/wine/chocolate/water

They are currently upgrading the hotel but not sure if that includes an Exec lounge

I am currently here. Did get a room upgrade to a King Deluxe. There is a fruit tray with wine and chocolates. I was given coupons for free drinks at the bar since there is no EL. Doesn't compare to the Melbourne Wharf Hilton but it isn't bad and is convenient to where my meetings are. Plenty of places to eat nearby.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 9:47 pm

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Parmelia Hilton Perth hotel Trip Reports and Reviews

Two recent stays here, first one upgraded to King Deluxe Plus ( huge corner suite) from King Deluxe. Second Queen Deluxe Plus (smaller suite) from King Deluxe. There were King Deluxe Plus suites available for booking.
The bed in the Queen Deluxe Plus is tiny, would be ok for a single but pretty awful for a couple particularly if like me you are used to King beds at home and traveling. If I'm offered this as an upgrade next time I will ask for the room booked.
Otherwise a reasonable stay, I didn't have breakfast as I had early starts with work but my partner did and thought it fine.
Like other Hilton's in Australia breakfast at this hotel now has a charge for espresso coffee $4.50 for a Cappuccino
Old Nov 30, 2013, 11:51 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Stayed at the Parmelia Hilton Perth for 3 nights.
No status with HH and therefore expected nothing beyond an expensive “clean” room.
Like the location as it is in downtown.
The room was clean, but the bed sheets and pillows NOT. Hair found in many places on the bed! Obviously not changed since the last guest. This was the grossest thing I had ever seen. It was immediately resolved after a call to the front desk.
Everyday during our stay, the room was not made up until late in the afternoon. Sort of irritating.
Free wifi in the lobby.
Did not have any meals in the hotel as there are many restaurants nearby, at somewhat cheaper prices.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:49 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Been staying here since 2002, multiple times a year and was getting "standard" one room upgrades. Then as my frequency started to be a factor (still as Gold) and I started getting corner rooms and Suites. As a Diamond for the last 2 years (2013 & 2014), never failed to get Suite Upgrade - even have a favourite (Queen) Suite in my profile.

My most recent stay:

Property: Parmelia Perth
Nights - 18 to 23 Jan 2015
Booked: Queen Deluxe Plus
Received: King Suite (x19)

I stepped out of the taxi straight into a hug with Jocelyn, the one person behing the Front Desk I know (Customer Service Manager). She checked me in and confirmed that I had already been upgraded across all my 3 bookings (1st booking at my expense for 1 night, then Conference booking made by Corp TA for 3 nights, then another night at my expense). She was able to get me into the one Suite for all 5 nights. As I knew that Princess Fiona was coming in a couple of weeks, mentioned her booking to Jocelyn and she made a note in the booking. Look out for the blonde pocket rocket with a 15 year service badge.

The rooms have been refurbished since I was here last (April 14) and I've never been in a x19 room before (generally x21). Seriously good (with photos available). Welcome Diamond amenities showed up for each separate booking and Welcome Card personally handwritten by GM each time. 2x waters replenished daily. Nut mix, apple and popcorn was the first amenity, then changed. BTW, the nut mix is really spicy - you'll use your comp water to wash it down.

Went to the Adelphi restaurant for breakfast every morning - I hadn't been there since April 2014 but two long term restaurant staff, Deirdre and Jono, remembered me. Deirdre asks if I'd like an Earl Gray and Jono fussed over the fruit bar to make sure there was enough rhubarb and grapefruit for me. That's service and why my preferred hotel is Parmelia Hilton in Perth (plus closest to my clients are a good bar that I have hosted many a client meeting).
Old Jun 1, 2015, 4:06 am

I stayed here for 7 nights in King Suite I booked as Diamond, and did not receive an upgrade (I traveled with two kids, so I couldn't risk not being upgraded to a large enough room). The room was very nice, though it is very odd in an 84 meter suite there was exactly one drawer for clothes and even odder that it was in a piece of furniture with two fake drawers below the one working drawer.

The rooms on the river side face a courtyard and then another building so there is no view. I think this is the explanation for some of the pricing. Some of the smaller queen suites costs significantly more then the king suite I had.

Compared to some other Hilton's in Australia, the breakfast offering was not great, though still fine. The fruit in particular was hit or miss. Since there is no executive lounge they gave me a card for two drinks and one tapas in the restaurant for every night I had booked.

One thing to note, while they made an exception for me, they claim that fire codes prevent more then three people, even if related, in one room. I found that even if you try booking two adults and one child, it will come up as no rooms available. Again I had a suite that is bigger then some apartment I have lived in with three adults, but I did see inside some of the standard rooms and they did seem exceptionally small.

The location is pretty central and I found the staff responsive to the few requests I did have.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 8:39 pm

Programs: Qantas
Which Room

Hi,

Looking to book a room on points in the Perth Hilton.

The two that interest me are

King Hilton Deluxe 48K
Queen Hilton Deluxe Plus 52K

I am a gold member so there is a chance of an upgrade it isn't clear which would offer the "best" upgrade route (I,e to exec etc)

Thoughts?
Old Dec 19, 2015, 4:37 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Upgrades seem variable, probably highly dependent on occupancy.

Taxi airport to hotel: AUD 33-37.00.

I arrived early (13:00) and had to wait ten minutes for housekeeping to finish my assigned room. I had been upgraded from King Deluxe to a corner suite. Staff have been extremely attentive and helpful.

As usual, as there is no lounge, I've been given drinks and tapas vouchers for each day of my stay. Breakfast is included, and iin addition to a bonzer buffet (including thick slabs of baked ham, huge portobello mushrooms, fresh broccoli, an Asian foods area, etc. allows you to order an omelette, eggs Benedict (classic or with smoked salmon), etc. one of the best Hiilton, s.s. you will find, complimentary for Diamonds. In fact, the Adelphi Grill has very good food- though it's high in price.

Staff is all friendly, welcoming and helpful. Really top notch.

The room electric outlets are typical three blade Australian, plus 5 VDC USB at the desk, US / Euro multi-voltage razor outlet in the bath. Shower hardware by Hans Gröhe, large glass showers enclosure that doesn't leak water, full range of Peter Thomas Roth amenities.

The one issue I have is the WiFi in my suite is very dodgy, extremely variable connection with periodic dropouts -- six or more in an average hour. As this suite's living room is set up with small dining / conference table, etc. I'm of the opinion not having full on reliable connectivity is a fail. In fact, I'll finish this once I arrive home.

It's also not well sound proofed. With outer and room doors closed I can still hear people, etc. I'm great full I travel with earplugs; they're often necessary.

Don't even think of using the laundry. One trouser, one shirt, one each undershirt and underwear would cost over AUD $50.00!

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 28, 2015 at 10:29 pm
Old Jun 7, 2016, 6:19 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Just stayed here as a gold. I got both an "upgrade" and breakfast + drink vouchers since they don't have a lounge. My upgraded room was a king, and I wanted 2 beds, so I was put back in my original category. My first room was pretty far from the elevator and had a view of a courtyard. The bathroom door didn't click shut, so they moved me to another room that had a view of... another building. They also gave me a tapas voucher normally meant for diamonds as an apology.

All in all, it's an okay hotel, but I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here. They did have a pretty good breakfast spread through.

One notable fact is that the hotel is literally across the street from the bus station where the 380 (PER T1/2) and other airport buses arrive. So you can take public transportation into the city and just get off at the quay. There's even a pedway connecting the bus station to the building next door to the Hilton.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 12:49 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Now that I'd back to Gold, my recent stay was the first time I didn't get an upgrade to my preferred Queen Suite (well, Jocelyn was on holidays the day I arrived and when she returned, couldn't change my room).

10-12 May 2016
Property: Hilton Perth
Booked: Twin Hilton Guest Room
Hilton App Check In: Selected 728
Rate: $224 per night
Received: King Room, 928

Arrived at midnight from my BNE/MEL/PER flights and was offered bottle of water by the Driveway attendant (they have drawer full of room temp water and a little fridge in the lecturn at the driveway). Was greeted (by name) at Front Desk by Night Manager (was I the last guest to check-in ??). 2 bottles of water, bed turned down and 2 chocs on pillow - both replenished daily.

Deirdre and Jono still there - both at breakfast (and Deirdre at lunch when I had a client lunch @ Adelphi Restaurant). I hadn't seen them in a year but Deirdre remembered I drink Earl Grey tea @ breakfast.

Jocelyn (Guest Experience Manager) started back from holidays on my second day and warmly greeted her as I walked back in at 4:15pm after client meetings finished early.

Also received (and used) my drink vouchers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.