Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parmelia Hilton Perth {AUS}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2002, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Arrow Parmelia Hilton Perth {AUS}

Anyone ever stayed at the Parmelia Hilton in Perth?
Old Jan 30, 2002, 10:41 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
Well, even with a population of 1.3 million, it is at the back end of beyond.

Seriously, Perth is purported to be the most isolated major city on Earth. That may be why you're not hearing from anyone who's stayed at that hotel.

Perth and WA are a beautiful place, and after three visits I'd heartily recommend you go there -- but (except for the observation that it's in a business part of town that empties out nights and weekends) I'm afraid I can't help you on the local Hilton because on my visits I've stayed with a friend who teaches at the U. of Western Australia and not in a hotel.
Old Jan 30, 2002, 2:45 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold VIP,QP Gold, PC Platinum, pleb everthing else
Gaza
Stayed there several times over the years. Its a business hotel in the CBD but Perth is not a large city and easy to get around and cheap with US$ or British pounds. Nice hotel friendly staff. Perth is the world's cleanest city, even beats Singapore.

------------------
JBC
If it is to be, it is up to me

[This message has been edited by John Cogley (edited 01-30-2002).]
Old Jan 16, 2003, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Parmelia Hilton, Perth

I stayed at the above hotel a few nights ago. At check-in I asked about access to the Executive Lounge and was told they did not have one. I then asked if I would be given a complimentary breakfast as there was no Exec Lounge. The check-in person said they would discuss it with the Duty Manager. A few minutes after I arrived in my room I received a call from the Duty manager saying that as they had upgraded me to a suite they would not give me breakfast.

I went down to discuss this with her and explained that this was the first time I had heard this as I have always had complimentary breakfast in either the Exec Lounge, or if there was not an Exec Lounge then in the main restaurant. She refused to budge and said it was hotel policy. I explained that I had just completed a three night stay at the Hilton on the Park in Melbourne where I was upgraded to a suite, given breakfast in the main restaurant (the lounge was closed) and given a complimentary bottle of wine! During my last stay at the Sydney Hilton (New Year 2000/01) I received breakfast, a bottle of wine and a pile of vouchers for drinks at the bar as the Exec Lounge was closed.

Obviously the "no breakfast for Diamonds" is not an Australian policy or I would not have received it in Melbourne and Sydney.
Old Jan 16, 2003, 11:17 pm

gaza, not acceptable at all, u should have received b/fast, i'd email [email protected] and complain about it.
Old Jan 17, 2003, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Looks like the Parmelia is as bad as the Sydney Airport property.
Old May 27, 2003, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Parmelia Hilton, Perth Australia?

Any comments on this hotel other than they don't value Gold/Diamiond elite? I've got a Friday rate of AUD 130 for the property in July. Handy for a stay credit.
Old May 27, 2003, 5:58 pm
Community Director Emerita

The Parmelia Hilton honored my Diamond status. We were given a large suite in February, as well as complimentary breakfast in the restaurant. The suite had a vcr. One night we rented "Rabbit Proof Fences" - particularly apropo during an Australian visit.

The hotel has taken out its club floor. It is catering to busloads of Japanese tourists.

It is in a decent location; you can walk to the downtown area from it. We had a rental car, and had them valet park it. The parking lot was down the hill and around the corner.
Old May 28, 2003, 12:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic
Don't know if you ever check www.wotif.com but they may have a better rate for you. They have last minute rates about 10 days in advance, so you could cancel your other and rebook. We opted to stay at the Rendez Vous Observation Hotel on the beach instead when there since it was supposed to be a much nicer hotel. Usually, we will only stay at Hiltons. Enjoy your trip!

Aussiemate
Old May 28, 2003, 4:18 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
terenz, as a humble Gold, I use this property exclusively in Perth (because it's across the road from my clients office). I've been there 4 times in the past 7 months and I've never failed to be upgraded because it is full of Japanese tourists, as pointed out by SanDiego1K. Can't comment on the Diamond benefits, but agree that this property isn't as good (because it doesn't have the club floor) as say Adelaide Hilton (my equal favourite in Australia together with Hilton on the Park, South Melbourne).

Here is an excerpt from my recent Trip Report where I commented on PPH (stay was 7-9 May):

Hotel: After short taxi ride ($20) into the CBD, pulled up at the Perth's Parmelia Hilton where I had my usual effortless check-in. Julia (trainee) checked me in and Cheng (Duty Manager) upon realising I was Gold HH, came across to greet me, welcome me back and advise that I was upgraded. Chris (Porter) and Ian (doorman) were great. Room 529, although huge room and king-sized bed (read two beds pushed together!) was a little too noisy for me."

It is an easy stroll down to the River or to the city centre. There is some construction happening on the river side of the hotel, so choose either a side room or one facing St Georges Terrace.

Edited - spelling, it's always my bad typing)

[This message has been edited by QF WP (edited 05-28-2003).]
Old May 28, 2003, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, I'll give the Parmelia a try especially at a AUD 130 rate.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by aussiemate:
Don't know if you ever check www.wotif.com but they may have a better rate for you. </font>
I had a look at that. I'll have to wait until I am in Australia to see what's available as we plan to head outside Perth as soon as we arrive and stay that at the end. Are WOTIF rates eligible for points & miles?
Old May 29, 2003, 2:08 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SanDiego1K:
The Parmelia Hilton honored my Diamond status. We were given a large suite in February, as well as complimentary breakfast in the restaurant.</font>

This was my first experience of the Parmelia Hilton in January. I was unhappy at the "no breakfast" policy so I dropped an email to a contact at the Diamond Desk asking why? When I returned a few days later a very apologetic Duty manager (Cheng) said that I was entitled to Continental breakfast. It seems the Diamond Desk had come through.

On my second visit I didn't get a suite like I had the first time round but the room was good. My third visit coincided with Australia Day and I tried to get a room with a view of the river but there were none available.
Old May 29, 2003, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gaza:
This was my first experience of the Parmelia Hilton in January. </font>
Gaza,

it was your earlier report of a poor experience that raised concern on my part and prompted this thread. I'll chance it for AUD 130.
Old May 30, 2003, 8:23 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic
We have always received points and FF miles for our Wotif rates as well as Hilton Gold upgrades and privileges.

Aussiemate
Old Aug 21, 2003, 6:39 pm

Reasonable rate at Hilton Perth (AU) A$125 (US$80)

1 aug - 30 sept 03

AUD125 (US$80) single or double) queen superior parmelia hilton perth for a sat night stay. rate includes taxes and subject to avaialbility.

request plan code: QY

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.