Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parmelia Hilton Perth {AUS}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2021, 6:22 pm

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Now I just need the Western Australian government to let me in! The Executive Lounge move is very welcome and no doubt a response to the new competition in Perth. Are the 32 new rooms created from a reduction in size of the existing two room stock?
shillard likes this.
Old May 30, 2021, 7:46 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Stayed there for 3 nights last week and good to see some of the existing staff still there (even after the 10 month shutdown with the renovations). Jocelyn at Front Desk, Paola at Breakfast. There are still some rooms not available as they couldn't give me my usual Diamond upgrade to Queen Suite (my favourite, small than King Suite and more manageable). The foyer and Executive Lounge are a huge benefit to the property - especially considering the new Ritz Carlton and DoubleTree Elizabeth Quay

Now if I can work out how to post the photos...

New street frontage

Front Desk

New spacious foyer to LHS of Front Desk

New Executive Lounge entrance - 100m up from Front Desk

From rear of EL looking back at doorway entrance and reception desk

New King Room

King Room from window back to door

Paola at Breakfast

Last edited by QF WP; May 30, 2021 at 8:25 pm
Old Jun 2, 2021, 8:37 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Thanks for the fresh review! I'm there in 2 weeks for 6 nights. Looking for it.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 3:28 am

I recently stayed here as a Hilton Diamond on a cash booking for the lowest level room (points didn't make sense given the cash rates). I was upgraded without asking to what I'd describe as a double sized room. Looking at the floor plan on the back of the door the room was basically twice the size a a regular room but not a suite. By the standards of Hilton upgrades I'd consider it a win. Overall the hotel is a good value and is well located. It was a 20 min walk from the train station (I took the train in from the airport).

My only real complaints are the executive lounge and breakfast. The executive lounge while excellent by US standards was certainly less than either the Grand Sheraton in Sydney or the Grand Hyatt in Melbourne. While I never ate breakfast in the lounge so cannot comment on that, it was basically some granola bars, apples and soft drinks out during the day and even then the granola bars weren't always put out. I can live with that but it was less than I usually see. The hors d'oeuvres in evening were certainly decent but again worse than what I experienced elsewhere in Australia but my real complaint was they only put stuff out at 5 PM and didn't replenish again so basically between 5:45 and 7 PM there was very little left to eat. It was hit it early or miss out. The wireless network was also very poor in the lounge while I was there both on my phone and my laptop. Effectively it was unusable. The wireless network was fine in my room.

Breakfast was my other mild complaint. As a Diamond you only get a continental breakfast buffet in restaurant there is an upgrade fee (I think AUD$10) for the full buffet. The full buffet wasn't particularly what I was looking for but I haven't stayed at a Hilton before that does something like this.

Overall for the cash rate I paid it is a decent value and I'd stay here again.
QF WP and Zurich like this.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 5:57 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
I've now sworn off this property - which is a shame because the location is great and I really used to like it.

The pool seems to be out of service half the time, and is tiny anyway.

Water pressure in the showers is an absolute joke - Hilton Kuching is better and that's really saying something.

As others have observed the catering is a bit povo.

Staff have always been excellent but hard product is just crap for the money. I now stay at either Crown Towers or Metropole (depending on price) and it is a much better experience.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 5:00 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
I spent two nights here and was absolutely fine by it. Some of the complaints are valid from above about the EL...but it is still nice to have an EL.

Breakfast there had hot items (eggs, hashbrowns, etc) and the stuff in the evening was fine...but not replenished.

I think I've stayed at that hotel enough times I've been in every room type. This time was an 'executive' room. Renovations are nice, those rooms were getting very dated.

Overall, I don't have any complaints. I want to try the DT Waterfront my next time in WA though. From the outside on my run, looks beautiful.
QF WP likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 5:13 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
You may also see some of the staff from Parmelia down at the DT Waterfront. It's a lovely view but a decent walk to see clients up in the CBD.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by QF WP
You may also see some of the staff from Parmelia down at the DT Waterfront. It's a lovely view but a decent walk to see clients up in the CBD.
All 3 Hilton properties in Perth are owned by the same person/group
Old Jan 16, 2024, 2:53 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Any recent stay report here?

TIA

Last edited by 3rdworldresident; Jan 16, 2024 at 4:01 pm
Old Jan 17, 2024, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Any recent stay report here?

TIA
What would you expect to change?
Old Jan 17, 2024, 8:59 pm

Here's my most recent review in November 2023: https://www.australianfrequentflyer....2/post-2628258 (too much work to re-post here)
Old Jan 17, 2024, 10:40 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lcohen999
All 3 Hilton properties in Perth are owned by the same person/group
The DTs are owned by SKS. the Hilton by Hawaiian.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold
We will be visiting Perth in January and I will have Diamond status by then. I have read mixed reviews of the hotel, including from friends in Perth. Is it worth staying at the Parmelia Hilton for the free breakfast, room upgrade and executive lounge or are we better staying somewhere else?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.