Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: HHonors diamond, Virgin Atlantic Gold, Goldpoints gold elite
Hi

the diamond perk is the interesting bit. I agree with Wizla on the choice of hotels. But would say in my expereicnce best chance of an upgrade has been Canary Wharf .. i’d Actually say its 100% in roughly 20 stays.

Tower Bridge 30% over same number of stays.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by notakeenflyer
The lounge at Wembley has an ever-reducing view of Wembley Stadium as a high rise building is being built in between the hotel and stadium.
Stayed last week and there is now pretty much no view at all.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:22 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Have always found the Bankside has treated me best as a Diamond. Have received suite upgrades, decent in room freebies, plus a good lounge and full breakfast in the restaurant.
No lounge view of note, but all about weighing up what is most important - is it Diamond treatment and benefits, or the view from a lounge? Already a few good suggestions in here for the better London properties.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 3:36 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by RAPC
Have always found the Bankside has treated me best as a Diamond. Have received suite upgrades, decent in room freebies, plus a good lounge and full breakfast in the restaurant.
No lounge view of note, but all about weighing up what is most important - is it Diamond treatment and benefits, or the view from a lounge? Already a few good suggestions in here for the better London properties.
Concur, either Bankside or Conrad. For the quality of stay also otherwise than just diamond perks.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors
Had 3 stays so far at Banskide - 1 upgrade to a standard suite, the last 2 to deluxe suites. Always a fantastic stay and Southwark station around 1 minute away so great if you want tube. If driving, stay else where as at least 30 minutes to central London. Great lounge, breakfast and service always.

Had a few stays at Olympia - rooms a bit old and had only 1 upgrade to a junior suite. Fine if you can get a good deal. Lounge small but staff are great.

Doubletree Docklands had no suites but allowed me to pick any of the remaining rooms. Very poor lounge selection sadly.

Kensington did nothing for me in room, and was very disappointed with service. Lounge overcrowded and did not like the non self-serve drinks aspect.

Doubletree Ealing nice, good upgrade but no lounge or drinks vouchers offered
Old Nov 18, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Good to know... as I'll probably have a couple more nights in London before the end of the year and my status finally changed.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Disappointing to hear about Wembley. What a view it's been from the lounge.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 1:56 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Abidjan
Disappointing to hear about Wembley. What a view it's been from the lounge.
Hilton Canary Wharf has a similar problem, there is now a high rise blocking the view from the lounge looking west across the river......such a shame.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by RAPC
Agree this has become my go to property as it is also quite close to my London office.

The regular rooms are probably better than the Exec rooms at Tower bridge or many other London Hiltons. The décor is great, the service is generally good (apart from their odd penchant for trying to put me in low floor rooms). The gym is rather good and has a decent pool too. Breakfast is a real event and the lounge catering is very good by typical Hilton standards. There are also plenty of great places to eat nearby.

Room upgrades can be a tad hit and miss but I have probably had more suite upgrades there than any other Hilton.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 1:38 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by mphall
I would like to return to London on Diamond points and was wondering if there were any recent travelers that would recommend one Hilton over another. I love a good view. It's nice to have an executive lounge with a view. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.
The thread's title and the message above suggest three components here
- best Diamond perks
- rooms with a view
- lounges with a view

And the problem is that unlike some places there isn't a perfect fit here. Following is just my opinion

Best Diamond experience overall (good quality rooms, lounges, breakfasts, willing to upgrade) would be
1) Conran
2) Bankside
3) Hilton Tower
Honourable mentions to Canary Wharf, Wembley and would you believe, LHR T4 and T5.

Best rooms with a view
1) Metropole Tower facing south, near floor 20. These get a span from Chelsea to the London Eye to the Shard. However the rooms are small and you best bring a power multisocket. There are still some glimpses of Paddington Basin in the West Wing, which have great rooms, see the main Metropole thread about that, but the new building work has taken away a lot of the view.
2) Park Lane - you can't go wrong here, so long as you are more than about 10 floors up. Each side has its own qualities, personal favourite would be facing west over the parks, but south has more of the historic sites
3) Doubletree Docklands. Not really much else going for this place, but some rooms (Deluxe and suites) have fantastic river views.

Some other ideas: there are a few suites in the DT Westminster with amazing views of the river and the Secret Intelligence Service (MI6) Building sometimes known by the residents as Ceaușescu Towers. Canary Wharf and Tower Hilton both suffer from buildings close by and the rooms in some windows are quite small too. But it's something to consider. Syon Park has great views too - you may see deer running across the grass - but it doesn't look like you are in London - you're in the park of a stately home. DT Hyde Park has some King rooms with a balcony overlooking the park and a leafy part of Notting Hill. DT Excel has many rooms with good water views of the Royal Albert Dock and you'll see the aircraft running into LCY airport nearby. Some are suites with a balcony (you have to sign for the key at reception) and as a Diamond I've had these 8 times out of 10 from a basic room booking. I personally think it's hauntingly beautiful though not everyone will agree. Logically DT Chelsea must have some rooms with a view, I just haven't had a suitable room yet (I don't go there often).

Lounges with view
Tricky since the best lounges - Conran, Bankside, T4, Olympia (!) are on the ground floor or first level up. Or don't have much of a view at all (Waldorf).
1) Tower Hilton - this has a lot going for it, it's actually at London Bridge, balancing all factors this probably is one to consider further. Great view of the Shard in particular.
2) Wembley - yes the new buildings have taken away a lot of the view but it's still a roof top position with terrace.
3) LHR T5 - ok, clutching at straws time, but it is a good lounge and with a view over farmland (and aircraft landing at Heathrow)
Old Nov 19, 2018, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
I'll add the Park Lane and Conrad to the list- both have good lounges and sometimes upgrade Diamonds.
I have always been upgraded at the Park Lane, and I like the hotel and its location. The Exec Lounge is on the second floor though, so there's just a street-level view of Park Lane/Hyde Park.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: AC50k, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Club
My two favourites as diamond are the bankside and tower bridge. Bankside for 100% upgrades to suites (tower bridge only has 1 AFAIK) and a nicer lounge. Tower Bridge I also get upgraded 100%, but only to exec (slightly larger) room. Lounge has nice view, and outdoor patio, but far less comfortable seating.

Bankside granola also wins

Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by furballs
My two favourites as diamond are the bankside and tower bridge. Bankside for 100% upgrades to suites (tower bridge only has 1 AFAIK) and a nicer lounge. Tower Bridge I also get upgraded 100%, but only to exec (slightly larger) room. Lounge has nice view, and outdoor patio, but far less comfortable seating.

Bankside granola also wins

Oh yes...Bankside granola!.....we know a little story about this don't we Botb?
Old Nov 28, 2018, 4:02 pm

Heathrow

Now that the CP & HIX have opened up at T4 (besides a pretty good Premier Inn), when will the Hilton T4 be bringing its rates down to earth?

Also, while looking for rates I saw a new hgi-T2 being advertised as "Coming soon" - anybody know how soon? When I was there a couple of months ago, I noticed the shell of what looked like a hotel attached to T2, but does anyone know when it is likely to open?
Old Nov 28, 2018, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by puchong
Now that the CP & HIX have opened up at T4 (besides a pretty good Premier Inn), when will the Hilton T4 be bringing its rates down to earth?

Also, while looking for rates I saw a new hgi-T2 being advertised as "Coming soon" - anybody know how soon? When I was there a couple of months ago, I noticed the shell of what looked like a hotel attached to T2, but does anyone know when it is likely to open?
Hi,

https://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/...EGI/index.html

States it will open in February 2019

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.