Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2020, 7:01 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by xooz
This is a helpful discussion as things change so much over time. In the list of "middle tier" hotels being discussed, do any of the hotels other than the Metropole, Kensington and maybe Doubletree West End have lounges? Those are what are currently noted in the Lounge summary thread/PDF file.
Paddington has a lounge, doesn't it?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by stc
Paddington has a lounge, doesn't it?
It does indeed... didn't see it in the above list, but it can fall into the "middle tier" class also.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 1:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This is a helpful discussion as things change so much over time. In the list of "middle tier" hotels being discussed, do any of the hotels other than the Metropole, Kensington and maybe Doubletree West End have lounges? Those are what are currently noted in the Lounge summary thread/PDF file.
DT West End doesn't have a lounge nor does DT Westminster. The others that are specifically in the mid tier area that have lounges include Olympia. Wembley, Angel Islington, Heathrow's T4 and also T5, DT Docklands Riverside.

In the next tier up, those with lounges would be Conrad, Waldorf Astoria, Canary Wharf, Park Lane, Bankside, Tower Bridge, Paddington and doubtless a few others that I can't recall at the moment.

Hilton Hyde Park and Euston don't have a lounge, otherwise they all have them, DT Riverside (EDIT: Also Tower of London and DT Kings Cross Angel) I think are now the only exception to the rule that DTs don't have lounges.
dagangwood likes this.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Jan 17, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Old Jan 8, 2020, 5:15 am

angel islington lounge my fav now that renovated
wizla likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 7:39 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
DT West End doesn't have a lounge nor does DT Westminster. The others that are specifically in the mid tier area that have lounges include Olympia. Wembley, Angel Islington, Heathrow's T4 and also T5, DT Docklands Riverside.

In the next tier up, those with lounges would be Conrad, Waldorf Astoria, Canary Wharf, Park Lane, Bankside, Tower Bridge, Paddington and doubtless a few others that I can't recall at the moment.

Hilton Hyde Park and Euston don't have a lounge, otherwise they all have them, DT Riverside I think is now the only exception to the rule that DTs don't have lounges.
You scared me there for a minute. The DT Tower of London also still has a lounge according to their website (and IMNSHO is far superior both in terms of lounge and hotel to the DT Riverside. In fact I would say their lounge is superior to a number of the Hilton lounges from the last time I stayed there. Of course, that was a couple of years ago.)
Old Jan 8, 2020, 9:32 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by stc
You scared me there for a minute.
So did you.
Originally Posted by stc
Of course, that was a couple of years ago.)
If not all, but at least many of us learned that things can swiftly reverse into the opposite even within short time. Less than within a couple of years.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 1:39 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Haarlem Globetrotter
angel islington lounge my fav now that renovated
What’s it like?..... website still has old pictures....... is it still in the same location?.
Before the refurb I thought the lounge was pretty poor during my last stay.
MoodyB likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 1:48 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by stc
You scared me there for a minute. The DT Tower of London also still has a lounge according to their website (and IMNSHO is far superior both in terms of lounge and hotel to the DT Riverside. In fact I would say their lounge is superior to a number of the Hilton lounges from the last time I stayed there. Of course, that was a couple of years ago.)
You are right and it’s certainly superior in every way to the DT riverside, I was upgraded to a huge suite overlooking the tower last stay, great hotel!
MoodyB likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 5:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
A new Hilton seems to appeared without much fanfare: Hart Shoreditch hotel. Part of Curio. https://curiocollection3.hilton.com/en/hotels/united-kingdom/hart-shoreditch-hotel-london-curio-collection-by-hilton-LONSDQQ/index.html
chrism20 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 4:53 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
No Hilton hotel in London UK with 3 separate beds?

I posted a similar thread on IHG forum too. I cannot really find a Hilton property in London, neither LHR which offers 3 separate beds. All seem to offer 3-4 pax yes, but including a King bed and a sofa bed or comparable, none has 3 separate beds and even havin 2 twin roommwith extra rollaway seems non-existing or rather difficult to discern if yes, reading the room descriptions and photos.
Any helpful pointers?
Thx!
Old Jan 19, 2020, 5:54 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
I think you will probably not find any rooms at any chain with 3 beds in 1 room. You would do better at Airbnb or Vrbo.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 6:40 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
The family superior rooms at the Metropole have 2 queen beds and a sofabed- would that work?
Old Jan 19, 2020, 6:43 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Three separate beds in a single hotel room? I have never seen such a thing. Do these exist?
lhrsfo and mctaste like this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 6:47 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Three separate beds in a single hotel room? I have never seen such a thing. Do these exist?
In Europe, no but in the North American and Asia...sure. I see three single bed options in Asia quite often. In North America is it no uncommon to have two double beds with sofa that converts to bed or the ability to bring in a roll-away bed.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 7:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mcgahat
In Europe, no but in the North American and Asia...sure. I see three single bed options in Asia quite often. In North America is it no uncommon to have two double beds with sofa that converts to bed or the ability to bring in a roll-away bed.
Sofa beds sure, they are everywhere, but I have never seen three distinct beds in a single hotel room anywhere, including the US and Asia.
Often1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.