Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2021, 10:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Nope nothing yet. Hotel can be cancelled until the day before so I left it. Good news.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 10:11 am

Programs: BAEC
So, I am hoping to take wife dearest away for an impromptu weekend trip to London.

Looking at the Hilton options, we have stayed at the Conrad before although several years ago and liked it.

It is not too bad at Ł180-ish for a night. Interestingly, it is on par price wise with a lot of London hotels and is cheaper than the Trafalgar, Waldorf, even Hilton Bankside. Even the Hampton Waterloo is Ł114!

Does anyone have any recommendations for London. We have not stayed at many of these properties before. In fact, I think my London Hilton experience comprises of the Conrad and one of the Double trees.

TIA
Old Aug 3, 2021, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by flieduk
So, I am hoping to take wife dearest away for an impromptu weekend trip to London.

Looking at the Hilton options, we have stayed at the Conrad before although several years ago and liked it.

It is not too bad at Ł180-ish for a night. Interestingly, it is on par price wise with a lot of London hotels and is cheaper than the Trafalgar, Waldorf, even Hilton Bankside. Even the Hampton Waterloo is Ł114!

Does anyone have any recommendations for London. We have not stayed at many of these properties before. In fact, I think my London Hilton experience comprises of the Conrad and one of the Double trees.

TIA

Hi,

A link to the London Hilton hotel threads can be found here
LINKS for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London, England, United Kingdom {GBR}

Any particular areas of interest ( ie sightseeing or theatre?).
I have mentioned above a quick summary of Conrad and Bankside- the Conrad at GBP 180 is a good price and location is very good.

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 14, 2021, 8:20 am

Programs: Delta, Southwest, Hyatt
Recommendations for a last-minute honeymoon stay next week? Using free night certificates so price isn't an issue. Diamond status. I am considering Conrad, Biltmore Mayfair and Waldorf (any others I should consider?). Interests are typical tourist sightseeing, have tickets to a show (Waldorf is close to the theatre), a decent lounge & breakfast would be a plus. Impending tube strike next week is a concern but don't mind walking if needed. We've stayed at the Conrad a few years ago and enjoyed it but didn't know if one of the others might be better for this trip. Thanks so much!

Last edited by waterandwoods; Aug 14, 2021 at 8:27 am
Old Aug 14, 2021, 8:44 am

Programs: United Global Services, Lifetime Hilton Diamond
Congratulations! I used to stay at the Waldorf regularly, but as a Diamond I never got an upgrade to a nicer room so I moved on to another property (and the rooms vary as far as how recently they have been remodeled). Maybe you could call a day in advance and speak with the front desk manager to tell her or him that you are on your honeymoon and a Diamond Member and any upgrades would be greatly appreciated to surprise your spouse. The location is amazing if you are going to the theatre and a short walk to Covent Garden. You might want to call the hotel to see whether their lounge is open and what type of restaurant options are available (and if room service was restarted) to be able to compare the pros and cons of different properties. I personally always stay in the West End at a Hilton property, but when I took my spouse to London for the first time, I thought the Conrad would impress him since it was upscale and close to many attractions and the palace, but he ended up wishing we were in the West End to walk around in the same way we love to always stay in the theatre district in NYC.
waterandwoods likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by waterandwoods
Recommendations for a last-minute honeymoon stay next week? Using free night certificates so price isn't an issue. Diamond status. I am considering Conrad, Biltmore Mayfair and Waldorf (any others I should consider?). Interests are typical tourist sightseeing, have tickets to a show (Waldorf is close to the theatre), a decent lounge & breakfast would be a plus. Impending tube strike next week is a concern but don't mind walking if needed. We've stayed at the Conrad a few years ago and enjoyed it but didn't know if one of the others might be better for this trip. Thanks so much!
Hi,
Congratulations on your honeymoon!
I do not think the Biltmore has a lounge ( but looks very nice) and the Waldorf lounge is closed at the moment per the website
Bankside lounge is very good ( probably one of the best curently) and breakfast buffet in the restaurant is very good. The diamond breakfast is very good at the Conrad ( lounge is nice but evening snacks are a bit limited compared to Bankside)
Park Lane offers great views on higher floors ( replacement lounge is part of the restaurant - evening snacks are ok)- my bathroom ( King Executive was poor though)
Next strike days are around 24th august (previous strikes have been called off for negotiations)

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 14, 2021, 9:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I can see the convenience of going to a show and then being 10 minutes walk to your room. I think the one to add potentially to the list is the Trafalgar. If you're ok to pay extra for a decent breakfast I think I'd go for the Bitmore, alternatively pay for a better room at the Waldorf. Ideally you would want the Conrad in the location of the Waldorf. For the Waldorf or Trafalgar then you've got heaps to see and do on your doorstep that you wouldn't notice a tube strike. Trafalgar hasn't got a lounge, but it's somewhat more affordable than normal for mid August (OK, so that means expensive rather than very expensive) and the location is really good, some rooms are a bit small, when there are others at the same room rate which are noticeably bigger.

Have a great trip to London. I think the weather will be OK rather than good or terrible, but more sensible than Kentucky!
Old Sep 5, 2021, 7:34 am

Programs: BA Silver, KLM, HILTON HONOURS
Most convenient Hilton for Heathrow Terminal5

We’re hopefully going to NYC at the end of November but will be staying overnight the night before.
which is the most convenient Hilton for Terminal 5
Old Sep 5, 2021, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

It will probably be the Hilton Garden Inn Heathrow Terminals 2 &3
From Terminal 5 take the tube or train to Heathrow central 1 stop ( tube exit is slightly closer) then go to arrivals then there is a signposted path through the carpark to the connector to the hotel lobby.

Heathrow Hilton T5 is away from the terminal ( accessible by Hotel hoppa bus if running or private taxi)
Heathrow Hilton T4 is connected to T4 but t4 is closed currently so access is a bit more awkward

Hilton Garden inn Heathrow airport is a 5 min walk from Hatton cross tube ( 2nd stop on the tube to london)

If you do not mind the Heathrow Express the Hilton London Paddington is accessible directly from the station and is around 20mins from T5 by the Heathrow express

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Sep 5, 2021 at 7:51 am
Old Sep 5, 2021, 8:45 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mac123
We’re hopefully going to NYC at the end of November but will be staying overnight the night before.
which is the most convenient Hilton for Terminal 5
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

It will probably be the Hilton Garden Inn Heathrow Terminals 2 &3
From Terminal 5 take the tube or train to Heathrow central 1 stop ( tube exit is slightly closer) then go to arrivals then there is a signposted path through the carpark to the connector to the hotel lobby.

Heathrow Hilton T5 is away from the terminal ( accessible by Hotel hoppa bus if running or private taxi)
Heathrow Hilton T4 is connected to T4 but t4 is closed currently so access is a bit more awkward

Hilton Garden inn Heathrow airport is a 5 min walk from Hatton cross tube ( 2nd stop on the tube to london)

If you do not mind the Heathrow Express the Hilton London Paddington is accessible directly from the station and is around 20mins from T5 by the Heathrow express

Regards

TBS
For sure my recommendation. Unbelievably convenient and allows one to have decent meal options either nearby the hotel, or quick tube ride to another cluster of restaurants. 5 minutes from hotel checkout to train. 20 minute ride to LHR T5,
Old Sep 5, 2021, 9:56 am

Everyone always says to take the Heathrow Express, but the TFL train service (3 intermediate stops) is my choice. Much cheaper, particularly when more than one are traveling.
corporate-wage-slave and :D! like this.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by xooz
Everyone always says to take the Heathrow Express, but the TFL train service (3 intermediate stops) is my choice. Much cheaper, particularly when more than one are traveling.
Well, it depends on how much you value your time and convenience. It takes twice as long to get to LHR, and then you need to transfer to the HEX to get to T5. It's definitely a highly viable option, but there are tradeoffs to consider.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 8:13 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
IMO the Heathrow Express was designed for people traveling on OPM.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
IMO the Heathrow Express was designed for people traveling on OPM.
I travel on MOM and still like the convenience.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Well, it depends on how much you value your time and convenience. It takes twice as long to get to LHR, and then you need to transfer to the HEX to get to T5. It's definitely a highly viable option, but there are tradeoffs to consider.
Agree.. I am a Terminal 3 guy, so I don't have the T5 shuttle add on to consider. I only mentioned this for completeness, since the TFL Rail rarely gets mentioned. For a young family of 4, the savings could be significant for the cost of 15ish minutes. I fear a casual reader would think that the Heathrow Express is the only option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.