Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2020, 12:35 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Stuttgart21
Just a quick follow-up question: Does the TfL rail serve T5? I did some googling which suggests I would have to take Heathrow Express or something to the Heathrow Terminals 2 & 3 station. But Google maps navigation claims the TfL rail runs from T5.

Anyways, I think you guys helped me to narrow it down a lot. It's between the Hilton London Paddington and DT London Victoria now for me.
Almost all larger hotels have had the builders in during recent months, as far as I can tell. The Metropole has temporarily closed the entire West Wing because of it, and it's probably the right time to do this. Be aware that Paddington will never be regarded as a modern hotel, given its Victorian heritage, but it certainly has modern facilities. Victoria was built much more recently.

Currently T4 is completely closed and may be mothballed for many months. Consequently TfL Rail is currently running to and from T5 all day long, but the timetable is currently unreliable, and you can't rely on any online source giving accurate information. This will surely change in the next few weeks, the BA forum will probably be the best place to track this. In theory it's every 30 minutes at the moment. I guess if you wander down to the platform area, you can easily see if the train is due, and if the screen says 27 minutes you pop back to the Piccadilly line.
Stuttgart21 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 1:21 pm

If you commit before knowing what locations you will be frequenting, I would vote for Paddington. Get yourself in London and set up quickly and then access to a plethora of tube lines. As a Gold, some chance of an upgrade and lounge access where you can have a G&T and look out over the station. That said, I would normally defer to wizla as the expert.
wizla and Stuttgart21 like this.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 5:58 pm

Best Hilton Properties for Diamond in London?

I recently reached Hilton Diamond Status after getting the HH Aspire Amex, as tens of thousands of others have. Which of the Hilton properties in London (Waldorf, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree) have the best Diamond benefits and which would be most likely to upgrade me to a suite during COVID (week after next week)? Obviously this isn't guaranteed, but reference points such as the Conrad only upgrading to one level above the current booking would be very helpful. Thanks so much.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by archived
...Which of the Hilton properties in London (Waldorf, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree) have the best Diamond benefits and which would be most likely to upgrade me to a suite during COVID (week after next week)...

Hilton London Bankside (stayed last week), can see my post here. They are currently offering drinks vouchers each night to Diamond members to be redeemed at their Distillery bar, as well as canapé boxes. They pre upgraded me 2 categories up from Jr Suite to Executive Suite night before. Rooms are new, modern and well maintained. I also booked an extra night at base level and was allowed to remain in the Exec Suite.

Hilton London Angel Islington. Booked base room, pre upgraded night before two categories up to King Exec with lounge access. I’d imagine if you booked King Exec or Jr Suite you’d stand a fair chance of getting Exec Suite upgrade. Didn’t follow through with this stay as I chose Bankside in the end.

Conrad London St. James. Booked base room got 3 cat upgrade (Pre Covid).
Old Aug 19, 2020, 4:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Accor Silver, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by archived
I recently reached Hilton Diamond Status after getting the HH Aspire Amex, as tens of thousands of others have. Which of the Hilton properties in London (Waldorf, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree) have the best Diamond benefits and which would be most likely to upgrade me to a suite during COVID (week after next week)? Obviously this isn't guaranteed, but reference points such as the Conrad only upgrading to one level above the current booking would be very helpful. Thanks so much.
I've stayed at the Conrad multiple times since they reopened at the start of July and have been upgraded to a suite every time - often two levels above original room booked as well.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by ibbitsc
I've stayed at the Conrad multiple times since they reopened at the start of July and have been upgraded to a suite every time - often two levels above original room booked as well.
Whats the Lounge situation at the Conrad?
Old Aug 24, 2020, 8:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Accor Silver, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Whats the Lounge situation at the Conrad?
It’s open, but only drinks available is bottled water. No other drinks, or any food.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by ibbitsc
It’s open, but only drinks available is bottled water. No other drinks, or any food.
So it’s more a room of grab and go water! Disappointing but at the same time understandable I guess.
ibbitsc likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 9:10 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Originally Posted by pazza2000
So it’s more a room of grab and go water! Disappointing but at the same time understandable I guess.
I’m sorry, but I don’t agree. If they are selling executive rooms with lounge access the least they can do is offer some soft drinks and a decent coffee machine with some wrapped cookies. If Hiltons in Italy can do it, so can Hiltons / Conrad in London and if they don’t it’s purely a cost reducing measure.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 9:31 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
I’m sorry, but I don’t agree. If they are selling executive rooms with lounge access the least they can do is offer some soft drinks and a decent coffee machine with some wrapped cookies. If Hiltons in Italy can do it, so can Hiltons / Conrad in London and if they don’t it’s purely a cost reducing measure.
One would also think that Hilton Corporate would provide "best practices" guidelines for EL service and offerings based on their medical councils advice to their branded hotels. Of course these would have to flexible to accommodate local restrictions etc. Having the premium brand in London offer less than a less premium brand in the same city makes no sense.
sarahluv likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 9:38 am

Programs: BA
DT Kingston upon Thames.

First time in this area and looking to visit Hampton Court, RHS Wisley, a trip into central London and also a day trip to Brighton. I’ll be driving down and leaving the car when necessary into London.

How is this compared to Syon Park for a lowly HH Gold. Any better options for Bonvoy or IHG in this area?

Is the parking at DT onsite?
Old Oct 6, 2020, 11:30 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond, Hertz Five Star
Optimistically pre planning on cashing in my Hilton status and points for a London Marathon trip. (If I’m lucky Fall 2021, if not than Spring 2023). Recommendations for which of the splurge worthy hotels to go for (Conrad, Waldorf, Mayfair Biltmore, something else). Anyone done any of them for the marathon? Will hopefully be using two weekend night certificates, one night points, and one night cash. Diamond status as well if that factors in.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 8:35 am

Conrad or Biltmore! Biltmore is the better location, Conrad is the better stay as a ‘Diamond’! Some would recommend the Waldorf, or the H’ Park Lane, however for a splurge I wouldn’t.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 9:39 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
London Hiltons during Covid-19 - comparing the options

This is just a run through of the Covid-19 impact on the key hotels in London at the moment. Several caveats: the information here is likely to change rapidly, in particular it is possible that all or part of London will go into Tier 3 restrictions, which could close many hotels. Secondly the information here was correct at one point, but any updates are good. Finally these hotels have dedicated threads in this forum, and so this post should be used as an introduction to the details that you will find elsewhere.

One of most infuriating things about Hilton's new website is how non-specific it is. So for example it will inform you that the Hiltons Paddington and the Metropole both have a "reduced" breakfast service. And in a way that is correct, but the reality is that the Metropole offers a cooked breakfast in a dining room, the nearby Paddington offers a paper bag-to-go of yoghurt and muffin to be collected at reception. If you try calling up to find out more, you will quite frequently be given incorrect information. So despite this being the perfect subject for the worldwide web to accurately inform customers, Hilton manages to make a hash of it.

Leaving that to one side, this is how I would rank the main hotels at the moment:

1) Conrad St. James
The lounge is open, gym open, full meal provision in either the Blue Boar Restaurant or Bar, good quality breakfast, room service available. This is probably the least affected hotel in this list, there again the room rates are at pre-Covid levels or perhaps a little higher. Usually willing to upgrade Diamonds. Area is very quiet at night now though.

2) Bankside
No lounge, but Bento boxes are offered in the bar, full meal provision in Oxbo or The Distillery, good quality hot breakfast, room service available, generous on upgraded rooms. Gym and pool open. Realistic room rates, perhaps a good opportunity to try the venue in that respect.

3) Metropole
Lounge area in Morarch Suite, Bento boxes, full meal provision but a fairly basic menu. reasonable quality hot breakfast, no room service but there is a collection service and well as restaurant service. Gym and pool open. Many alternative food venues nearby. Currently there is renovation work on, but the better rooms in the West Wing are available. Realistic room rates, and West Wing has very large rooms by London standards.

4) Canary Wharf
Lounge and gym are closed, but breakfast and evening food is available. There are plenty of other food options nearby too. Realistic room rates.

5) Waldorf
Probably best to avoid this for the time being since it's not sure the hotel will be open from next week (though they are taking reservations).The lounge certainly won't be open, but Homage, the breakfast and restaurant venue, is likely to be open in some form if the hotel decides to stay open. It's a big and old hotel, which only works well if there is a relatively high staff ratio, however most staff are on furlough and morale isn't high. Room rates are high for the level of service.

6) Paddington
It can be cheap to stay here, but all you are getting is a bed and bag-to-go for breakfast. Limited staffing, no catering and no gym. Plenty of facilities in the area, and benefits from being good for transport.

7) Euston
Same as Paddington, and same management. But less good for alternative places to eat in the evening unless roaming further afield. Room rates are seemingly low (down to £74) but that may be for a small single room and though the chance of an upgrade is high, if you want to guarantee a queen or king bed for a higher rate, then you may as well stay somewhere better. Recently refurbished.

8) Hamptons (many of them)
In a way these are more honest, you are only getting a bed and a basic bag-to-go for breakfast - I think there is some brand standard that has crept in for that one. Diamonds get a drink and a snack from the pantry. Often well priced at the moment. Some have dinner options (e.g. Excel) but not all of them. Upgrades are not part of the brand standard but may happen.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Dec 11, 2020 at 2:41 pm
Old Mar 27, 2021, 4:58 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by DCAJen
Optimistically pre planning on cashing in my Hilton status and points for a London Marathon trip. (If I’m lucky Fall 2021, if not than Spring 2023). Recommendations for which of the splurge worthy hotels to go for (Conrad, Waldorf, Mayfair Biltmore, something else). Anyone done any of them for the marathon? Will hopefully be using two weekend night certificates, one night points, and one night cash. Diamond status as well if that factors in.
Great question! We're going in July and we have, between us, 3 free night certificates and about 2.5M points (don't ask), so also looking at the splurge sort of place. Two years back we stayed at the Conrad, and it was very nice. Maybe looking for something different. I had thought about Park Lane (just based on relative price, without yet having done much research). Interesting to see that, in at least one view, it is not recommended relative to the Conrad.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.