Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2021, 6:57 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by Laura Bunts
We may rent a car
My first trip to London 100 years ago I rented a car at Heathrow and drove into the center, was staying at the Holiday Inn in Mayfair if memory serves. I was spending a few days in the city and then driving up north a bit. The car was an unnecessary and expensive anchor chained to my ankle, and i wound up returning it early at a city rental office, and getting another one when I was ready to head up north. Think twice about it.

And- so as to avoid any inconsistency- i will again shill for the Hilton Park Lane .
Old Oct 14, 2021, 2:27 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
My first trip to London 100 years ago I rented a car at Heathrow and drove into the center, was staying at the Holiday Inn in Mayfair if memory serves. I was spending a few days in the city and then driving up north a bit. The car was an unnecessary and expensive anchor chained to my ankle, and i wound up returning it early at a city rental office, and getting another one when I was ready to head up north. Think twice about it.

And- so as to avoid any inconsistency- i will again shill for the Hilton Park Lane .
Absolutely agree, driving in London is expensive and hard work , finding parking is tricky too and again expensive, I have a stay at Bankside in November, just to drive into the congestion zone and drive out the next day is £44 and that’s without the valet parking at Hilton Bankside ( which I believe is £50 )
pauleeepaul likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 1:25 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Trying to convince my hubby that this crazy expensive travel credit card is worth it for the perks .. We may rent a car or take a transit from Gatwick if available.
Plenty of trains from Gatwick into London. When you have decided between the various Hilton hotels I’m sure that we can provide some info on the best route/service to take.
The _Banking_Scot and wizla like this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 10:02 am

Programs: BA & Accor Gold | Hilton Diamond
Heading to London in any 2 weeks and need to choose the best overall hotel for likely upgrade for a Diamond member and overall Diamond Member amenities ( Executive Lounge) any special perks. Trying to convince my hubby that this crazy expensive travel credit card is worth it for the perks .. We may rent a car or take a transit from Gatwick if available. We are there 2 nights for the first time ever and then on to Southampton to head back to the US on a ship. Any suggestions / recommendations will be appreciated!!
The two main options for LGW to London are the Southwestern train service into Victoria - about equal distance from the Hilton Park Lane and Conrad (less than a mile) or the Thameslink train into London Bridge which is less than a mile from Hilton London Bankside. The Gatwick express service is currently not running. Trains to Southampton usually leave from Waterloo, which is closest to Bankside. It is walkable from Bankside but with large suitcases you would probably want to take a cab anyway. Waterloo isn't a long cab ride from Park Lane or the Conrad either.

Definitely don't hire a car in London!! It's never worth it and it's bloody expensive as has been said before. I do drive through London occasionally but mostly I get around using the very good public transportation network. I am also a keen walker - probably walking further than most people are comfortable with. With all that said, if you choose the Conrad or Park Lane then you really will be right in the heart of the action. The location of the Conrad can't be beaten and if you've only got 2 days and probably want to do all the 'big ticket' sights rather than any of the lesser know gems London has to offer, the Conrad is probably your best bet. The majority of the major tourist sites are easily walkable from the Conrad. That's coming from someone whose favourite of the 3 I've mentioned (all of which have a decent record of treating elites well and have exec lounges) is Bankside.

As for which has the best views/catering/exec lounge/elite recognition - there's multiple up-to-date notes on these topics on each of the individual threads on the Hilton forum.
Xyzzy and wizla like this.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 11:36 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver, UA Premier Silver, Hilton Diamond
recommendations for quarantine London

So to save a vacation over the holidays, we've cut out everything but London. Price isn't everything, but it's not unimportant. Where is my best bet to get upgraded(I'm diamond) I know my partner and she'll need some space to spread out. With probably a minimum or 48 hours in one room, we'll need a little more space so we're not on top of each other. We'll be there 2 additional nights so I'd like it to have a lounge Thoughts anyone?
Old Nov 30, 2021, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

The hilton Bankside has quite large rooms and has a lounge. The conrad junior suites are quite large also
As the pcr test on arrival has to be taken on or before day 2 I would try to get a same day pcr test to minimise time in the room

I personally would not count on a upgrade and book the minimum room type that is acceptable and if you are upgraded it would be a bonus.

Regards

Tbs

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Nov 30, 2021 at 12:29 pm
Old Dec 1, 2021, 2:11 am

It's London and space is a premium - so as above always book the room you'll want to spend 1 day in together rather than expecting an upgrade. The Bankside does have spacious rooms, especially in the lower categories compared to others and this property has probably the best lounge in London. The new Canopy in the city also has quite generously proportioned rooms but no lounge. The Conrad has some very small rooms, and some very large ones due to it's conversion in an old building, it doesn't have a lounge though. Hart in Shoreditch I was assigned a huge room, but again no lounge. Standard rooms in the Canary Wharf Hilton are rather large, and it has a lounge - its location further out and dated decor would put me off here though. The Waldorf has a lounge, but the rooms are small in lower categories due to the historic building.

The most generous with upgrades has been the Bankside for me, followed by the Hart, Conrad, Canopy.

I would advise to use the online check in to see floor plans and book rooms, with this you can normally find larger rooms within the category.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 2:38 am

Programs: BA & Accor Gold | Hilton Diamond
The Conrad does have lounge but currently the Canary Wharf Hilton does not (we don't know if it will return, but it's been taken off the hotel amenities list)
Old Dec 1, 2021, 3:48 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Originally Posted by andimilk
The Conrad does have lounge but currently the Canary Wharf Hilton does not (we don't know if it will return, but it's been taken off the hotel amenities list)
Last week I heard from a manager they are “thinking” of opening next year. Not hopefull tbh as they are getting too many positive comments from people who say they enjoy the alternative. I for one don’t and will not stop telling management that I don’t!
andimilk likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 11:14 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver, UA Premier Silver, Hilton Diamond
thanks very much, Bankside booked
Old Dec 2, 2021, 12:05 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

The hilton Bankside has quite large rooms and has a lounge. The conrad junior suites are quite large also
As the pcr test on arrival has to be taken on or before day 2 I would try to get a same day pcr test to minimise time in the room
I think the fastest option is doing one with Expresstest at the airport on arrival. They promise a result by midnight the next day. That way you should have no more than a day and half in the room. And if you are lucky you might be able to go out for dinner on the day after your arrival.

I’ve haven’t personally used them though. I’ve no idea whether they use the same labs as the NHS but my last few NHS tests have all taken 24 or 25 hours to come back.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 9:20 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Can anyone comment on internet speed/reliability for any of the Conrad/Trafalgar/Waldorf/100 Queen's Gate/Hyde Park hotels? Location is not that important, but may need to work a couple days on a 5 night stay so will need reliable internet. Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 14, 2021, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lily23
Can anyone comment on internet speed/reliability for any of the Conrad/Trafalgar/Waldorf/100 Queen's Gate/Hyde Park hotels? Location is not that important, but may need to work a couple days on a 5 night stay so will need reliable internet. Thanks in advance!

Hi

At the conrad the internet was good and reliable even on the euro 2020 final in July ( England v italy) for web browsing and video streaming
Also good at park lane and bankside
Regards

Tbs
lily23 likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 7:52 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Hampton or Doubletree for City Airport

I’ll be taking a very early flight from City Airport and was looking into staying nearby, which would you prefer, the Hampton at £75 or Doubletree Excel at £84 ? I won’t be walking to the airport with 2 suitcases ☺️ so need either cab or dlr
Old Jan 14, 2022, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi

Both are virtually across the road ( connaught bridge )from each other with the doubletree being closer ( hampton Says it is a mile from lcy)
doubletree looks as if it has a nicer view ( River View rooms) plus the cookie
For the dlr it looks like you have to go to royal Albert then head to London and change at canning town( to the lcy line)
to be honest for a single night stay and an early start it won't matter much which hotel but I personally would just pay a few extra pounds for the doubletree

Regards

Tbs
Winniesbestfriend likes this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jan 14, 2022 at 10:44 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.