Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Istanbul, Turkey {TUR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old May 4, 2014, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Istanbul, Turkey {TUR}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2006, 1:45 pm

Kayseri Hilton is an Istanbul Hilton = NOT

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
I did a search of available hotels (all brands) using Travelaxe. It indicated that the Kayseri Hilton is close to Istanbul, and available.

What do you think of the hotel? What do you think of the location? Would it be easy enough to go from the hotel to the conference centre, and back?

Kayseri is in Southern Turkey - at least 500-600 miles from Istanbul.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I have emailed to the general email addresses (listed on the web sites of the Istanbul hotels). No response. Can someone give me the email addresses of the general managers (or some other responsible person) who I can email my request (to be waitlisted)?
Old Aug 2, 2006, 4:40 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
I have emailed to the general email addresses (listed on the web sites of the Istanbul hotels). No response. Can someone give me the email addresses of the general managers (or some other responsible person) who I can email my request (to be waitlisted)?
The general manager’s e-mail is [email protected]

Also might be worth looking at the Movenpick in Levent, which is about 10 minutes away from Taxim square on the very clean and efficient subway. Certainly a lot faster and cheaper than getting a cab from there.

http://www.moevenpick-hotels.com/hot...ul/welcome.htm

Around Taxim area, get ready for the very persistent and ultra-friendly young males who will entice you with offers of local night clubs or carpets for sale. They try every trick in the book to get you to engage with them.

I usually just blank them.

Last edited by nollag; Aug 2, 2006 at 5:44 am
Old Aug 3, 2006, 2:48 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by nollag
The general manager’s e-mail is [email protected]

I have connected with Mr. Jacobs by email. He stated that he will put me on the waiting list, for the 2 Hiltons. Right now, there is a 35 person waiting list for the Istanbul Hilton Hotel.

I wonder if someone can give me the name and email address of Mr. Jacob's counterpart at the Conrad Hotel. I presumed that Mr. Jacobs would have been the general manager there too - although I realize that the Hilton and Conrad brands of hotels are different, they are both brands within the "Hilton family of hotels".
Old Aug 3, 2006, 6:48 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
I have connected with Mr. Jacobs by email. He stated that he will put me on the waiting list, for the 2 Hiltons. Right now, there is a 35 person waiting list for the Istanbul Hilton Hotel.

I wonder if someone can give me the name and email address of Mr. Jacob's counterpart at the Conrad Hotel. I presumed that Mr. Jacobs would have been the general manager there too - although I realize that the Hilton and Conrad brands of hotels are different, they are both brands within the "Hilton family of hotels".
I could do - but a polite thank you would have been appreciated
Old Aug 3, 2006, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by nollag
I could do - but a polite thank you would have been appreciated
Yes, I did forget to thank you, so I will indeed thank you.

However, I did ask Mr. Jacobs, and he did give me the information about the general manager for the Conrad Hotel.

However, the convention housing bureau came through today, with a sudden cancellation at the Conrad - so I booked a room there. the price is steep - 400 euros per night.

How is the Contrad Istanbul rated? - I did see trip advisor (I am having posting the link) - the hotel reviews are not (with some exceptions) not all that good.

PS-I will post the information on the contact info of the Conrad Hotel general manager at a later date - I am now travelling, and the information is saved on my home computer.
Old Aug 3, 2006, 4:03 pm

The Conrad is not "memorable"

How is the Contrad Istanbul rated? - I did see trip advisor (I am having posting the link) - the hotel reviews are not (with some exceptions) not all that good.
The Conrad is just OK. But there is no way on earth that I would pay EUR 400 per night. It is just not worth it.

There rates must be inflated for your conference because when I stayed there earlier this year I paid and "internet special" rate of $99 (dollars not Euros).

Be aware that the Conrad has two different levels of Executive Floor.

The most elite level is called the "Butler Level" and the service there is exceptionally good. The level below that is called the "Executive Level" and is fairly ordinary.

The Conrad is just a little out of the way and you will need a taxi to get to and from places to eat/drink.

By the way .. did you try for award reservations? Space was available when I responded to your original post.
Old Aug 11, 2006, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by Bondiboy
The Conrad is just OK. But there is no way on earth that I would pay EUR 400 per night. It is just not worth it.

There rates must be inflated for your conference because when I stayed there earlier this year I paid and "internet special" rate of $99 (dollars not Euros).

Be aware that the Conrad has two different levels of Executive Floor.

The most elite level is called the "Butler Level" and the service there is exceptionally good. The level below that is called the "Executive Level" and is fairly ordinary.

The Conrad is just a little out of the way and you will need a taxi to get to and from places to eat/drink.

By the way .. did you try for award reservations? Space was available when I responded to your original post.
Thank you, for your response.

As a Gold member, I guess the best I can hope for is the upgrade to the executive level?

PS-I did not have enough HHonors points, even for a 1 day award; even if I had the points, I would not use them for business purposes - the rate, even if it inflated - will reimbursed to me from a travel fund.

I did not get the room directly from the hotel; I obtained it from the conference housing bureau. Therefore, the "inflated rate" is less inflated than if one could book the room directly from the hotel.
Old Aug 11, 2006, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA; DL;
Thank you, for your response.

As a Gold member, I guess the best I can hope for is the upgrade to the executive level?

PS-I did not have enough HHonors points, even for a 1 day award; even if I had the points, I would not use them for business purposes - the rate, even if it inflated - will reimbursed to me from a travel fund.

I did not get the room directly from the hotel; I obtained it from the conference housing bureau. Therefore, the "inflated rate" is less inflated than if one could book the room directly from the hotel.

Any chance this is for EFIC and is pharma related?
Old Aug 12, 2006, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by wanderlust_jules
Any chance this is for EFIC and is pharma related?

I am a medical oncologist (physician treating cancers with drug therapy) who is attending the European Society of Medical Oncology conference. For those hotels which still have rooms, the rates are more expensive when booked through them as booked through the conference housing bureau.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 4:54 pm

IST to Hilton Istanbul

Rather than taking a taxi, is there another safe and easy way to get to the hotel? We will have very little luggage.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 2:24 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by bamboola
Rather than taking a taxi, is there another safe and easy way to get to the hotel? We will have very little luggage.
Turkish Airlines (THY) offers a bus from the airport (either terminal) to the THY office in Taksim, which is about two blocks from the Hilton.

It should be very easy to find right outside the arrivals area. Or you can ask at the helpful information booths in the terminal.

It costs around YTL 10 (about $7). I have taken it, and it's a good way to go. Very comfortable, clean, etc. But make sure you take the one bound for "Taksim," as opposed to other points served by other buses.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Will there be anybody in IST for the Formula I race in late August?
Old Jun 27, 2007, 8:02 am

Thanks, mecabq. I feel much more comfortable with this option because I've heard that it's unsafe for a woman to travel by taxi alone.

Originally Posted by mecabq
Turkish Airlines (THY) offers a bus from the airport (either terminal) to the THY office in Taksim, which is about two blocks from the Hilton.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

and who told you such garbage? I would venture that a woman taking a taxi alone in Istanbul is safer than in many Western European capitals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.