Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Istanbul, Turkey {TUR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old May 4, 2014, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Istanbul, Turkey {TUR}

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2005, 12:46 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC Elite, Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by row1A
...we have one nite paid for on the E rate, 84+ USD. It will have to be pretty bad at that rate, now if it were much more than that it would be another story.

row1a
Would very much appreciate your opinion on the Conrad on your return, including any further tips you may have on places to eat and visit. I have booked a cancellable room, so am waiting for your report...no pressure

GoodTimes
Old Jun 28, 2005, 4:39 pm

Question Any suggestions for Hilton in Istanbul?

Planning on a couple of award stays before and after a sailing trip in Istanbul. From the web site, it looked like the Conrad was a good choice, but haven't been before.

Any info on location, etc. would be great.

TIA & Cheers,
Jeff
Old Jun 28, 2005, 5:48 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I strongly recommend the use of the very useful Search function before asking members to post all over again.

When you do, you will find a quite recent report of mine on a stay at Hilton Istanbul, as well as others' on HiltonParkSA and Conrad Istanbul. Try Search This Forum, enter Istanbul, and threads will come up.

Cheers,
Old Nov 22, 2005, 10:35 pm

Hilton Istanbul or Conrad Istanbul?

I am undecided between the Hilton Istanbul and the Conrad Istanbul, both going for 30,000 HHonors points. Based on your experiences, which would provide a better Turkish experience, in terms of comfort, accessibility and proximity to the most important tourist spots?

Thanks kindly!
Old Nov 23, 2005, 8:37 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Location: San Diego, CA , 4.2MM+ AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
I am sure the "do a search" police will get here soon, but my vote is for the Hilton.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looking for a Turkish experience?? Try a Turkish hotel then! Seriously though, the COnrad blows, it is their worst property on earth. Go with the Hilton (not the ParkSA Hilton, but the main one).
Old Nov 23, 2005, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP 6+ MM, AC, DL (MM) & LT SC; All Airlines 10+MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Plat
Go for the Istanbul Hilton

It is one of the three Hilton properties in Istanbul, the other two being the Park and the Conrad. It is adjacent to the Convention Center. The view from the hotel overlooking the Bosphorus and the footbal stadium is stunning.

Make sure you get a room overlooking the Bosphorus. The hotel is only a short walk from Taksim Square, the bustling centre of the city. I was always upgraded on each of my 5-6 stays to the executive/club level with a room facing the Bosphorus.

Don't forget to have a drink in their bar downstairs. I think the bar was one of the settings in Agathie Christie's "Murder on the Orient Express".
Old Nov 23, 2005, 5:26 pm

Programs: Air Canada Elite , Hilton Honors
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FrAAmer
I am sure the "do a search" police will get here soon, but my vote is for the Hilton.
Mine too, I've had some great stays there.

But it's worth doing the "search" thing, just for all the good info that those of us who have responded in the past might be reluctant to re-type. Maple would get a better idea of the "cons" of the Condrad and some good hints about the Hilton.

Commander Bob
Loves the 2.5 litre beers in Taksim Sq.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 5:45 pm

Sorry - I should have done a search since there is a huge lot of information already on this particular comparison!

Even though a Conrad award seems to be more valuable (500USD) as opposed to the Hilton Istanbul (150USD), I will be switching to the latter.

As a Hilton Blue (and they never sent me my card despite numerous requests), I will have to make do with flashing my AA Platinum card in the hopes that I may be upgraded for one of my numerous reservations! I have made Hilton reservations in LHR, IST, CAI and LXR for this vacation and will need to transfer 60K AA miles to cover these redemptions!

Thank you all, I will post tidbits on my Hilton stays when I return next year!
Old Nov 24, 2005, 11:01 am
TCP

Hilton Istanbul

Hope you make it into the Exec lounge - drinks are free. Otherwise bar drinks at the Hitlon/Conrad are about $15 a go
Old Jul 29, 2006, 10:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Istanbul - Sept 27- Oct 4 - how to get hotel room (during confernce)?

I plan to go to a medical conference during this time. Being a Hilton Gold member, I would prefer to stay at a Hilton - however, the Hilton web site and the expedia web site indicates that the rooms (at the 3 hotels) are booked solid. Is there any way to book a room, in this circumstance?
Old Jul 29, 2006, 10:41 am

Programs: Air Canada Elite , Hilton Honors
You might try giving them a call or a personal e-mail.

90 (212) 315 6000

[email protected]

I was there for a medical conference a couple of years ago and they were too full to be able to move me from the 'conference blocks' to an upgraded room. Talking with the Exec floor concierge at least got us some perks. Last summer they were also too full to put us on the exec floor, but again; talking with the mgr. got us nice bosphorus-view rooms and a comp full breakfast. And the breakfast is HUGE and otherwise very pricey.

Good luck!

Commander Bob
Istanbul Hilton fan.
Old Jul 29, 2006, 11:12 am

Check if there is award spece

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
I plan to go to a medical conference during this time. Being a Hilton Gold member, I would prefer to stay at a Hilton - however, the Hilton web site and the expedia web site indicates that the rooms (at the 3 hotels) are booked solid. Is there any way to book a room, in this circumstance?

I suggest that you check if there is any space for award use at all three hotels. Sometimes there is a different inventory. A quick check for Sep 28 (only) shows the Conrad has standard availability for 30,000 points and the Hilton Istanbus also has standard availability for 35,000 poins.

Good Luck
Old Jul 29, 2006, 11:14 am

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Is your conference block already sold out?

Another option is to call or email whoever is handling conference cancellations - they wont come up for another month or so - but there are always some
Old Jul 29, 2006, 1:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Kayseri Hilton is an Istanbul Hilton, as per Travelaxe

I did a search of available hotels (all brands) using Travelaxe. It indicated that the Kayseri Hilton is close to Istanbul, and available.

What do you think of the hotel? What do you think of the location? Would it be easy enough to go from the hotel to the conference centre, and back?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.