Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Getting Walked (or denied a room) - Experiences & Questions" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Getting Walked (or denied a room) - Experiences & Questions" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2023, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by js1993
Changing a reservation, especially after the cancellation period, typically re-prices the stay. Unless Hilton has a different policy, that part probably wasn't mishandled. Usually best to just check out early.

Sounds like a bad experience. Glad it got worked out.
IME, changing on-line generally means a new reservation. Calling the hotel to drop a night or asking at check-in generally results in no rate change.

Last edited by cblaisd; Jul 26, 2023 at 2:46 pm Reason: Corrected non-standard orthography for the sake of future searching
Old Jul 26, 2023, 4:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by aww3583
Will note for the future. Never had an issue handling it like this in the past. Most places its just a couple of clicks.
While it is just a couple of clicks, the other poster is correct that the stay will automatically reprice unless the agent overides it. It is quick and easy for the agent to do but also easy to miss whether using the outgoing operating system OnQ or the incoming one PEP.
SPN Lifer and MP001 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.