Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Scandic Added To — Then Out of — Hilton Honors: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Scandic Added To — Then Out of — Hilton Honors: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2002, 12:18 pm

Programs: SK*G
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by johanmm:
Regarding time-to-post: Don't know. My 3 stays since I became HHonors member (4 weeks ago) have not made it into my account yet.
</font>

Now they showed! But no retroactive bonus for the 50k campaign yet. I had 5 stays since mid-May, but none of them seemed to kick in. Lucky me have 4 more until end of July! How has the INTU-campaign worked for the rest of you with regards to Scandic stays?
Old Aug 6, 2002, 6:45 am

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
Scandic posting

Having done a Scandic stay six weeks ago, I note that it still hasn't posted. Has anyone had a Scandic stay post yet?
Old Aug 6, 2002, 6:54 am

I had to fax Hhonors a few times before my stay posted.
Old Aug 6, 2002, 9:31 am

Mine posted a week after the stay - however later found out you cannot double dip with Qantas at Scandics for some reason
Old Aug 6, 2002, 9:34 am

Why couldnt you earn QF miles on Scandic? Sounds strange
Old Aug 6, 2002, 9:48 am

I had 15 nights at three different properties back in April/May, and all of my stays posted to my account no problem
Old Aug 6, 2002, 12:21 pm

Location: Denmark, SAS Gold, Lufthansa Senator (GOLD ), KLM Platinium
My points did not post before faxing...

I was told that their systems do not communicate well..
Old Aug 15, 2002, 2:19 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
On-line Scandic points claim?

A stay at the Scandic about 6 weeks ago has not yet posted on my account. The on-line missing points tool doesn't have "Scandic" in the list of Hotel brands so I was wondering if anyone has had any luck just picking "Hilton" and then filling in the rest of the details as normal?

(The folio from the stay is AWOL so a fax'ed claim is not an option at the moment

-- Dambus
Old Aug 16, 2002, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
I tried that but it didn't work. In the end, I faxed the bill to Glasgow and got my 1,000 HH points + status bonus and 200 Virgin miles (only 100 for most airlines).
Old Sep 10, 2002, 8:00 am

All Scandics Point Stretcher Hotel Rewards in 2002?

I do recall a post where someone said that Hilton Honors counts all Scandic Hotels as point stretcher awards for the rest of the year, is that correct?

I am now on phone with Hhonors in Sweden and they said they have never heard of such a thing. They did quote 17500 points for two nights at Scandic Copenhagen which is a nice value but I would prefer to just pay 10500.

Now they said they would call Hhonors somewhere else(UK?) and ask them and call me back..
Old Sep 10, 2002, 8:20 am

They just called back and said they had received an email from Scandic which said no point stretcher at Scandic hotels at all. I have now booked two weekendnights for a total of 17500..

To bad that Hhonors didnt have a phone number in Sweden when the Automall bonus bonanza did happen. It would have been fun to call them, talk Swedish and try to redeem some of my millions of points
Old Sep 10, 2002, 8:22 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kempis:
I do recall a post where someone said that Hilton Honors counts all Scandic Hotels as point stretcher awards for the rest of the year, is that correct?</font>
Unless I'm mistaken, it was ozstamps who posted that. Based on what I've been told by HH, that's not quite correct. Scandic properties are all listed as Opportunity level this year though, which in itself is an incredible value in most, if not all, locations.
Old Oct 1, 2002, 10:20 am

Programs: HL Gold, SPG Platinum, HY Platinum, EY Gold Elite, EK Gold, LH Gold, AF Platinum
Scandic miles??

Do we get miles from Scandic nights, as Scandic is now part of Hilton group? At least I have not been able to get a single mile and Hilton Hhonors desk does not answer to my emails.

Does anyone know??
Old Oct 1, 2002, 10:47 am

Yes, you always get 100 miles and 1000 points.

http://www.scandic-hotels.com/hhonor...ints/index.htm

------------------
Old Oct 2, 2002, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
... or 200 Virgin miles + 1,000 HH points!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.