Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Scandic Added To — Then Out of — Hilton Honors: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Scandic Added To — Then Out of — Hilton Honors: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2002, 5:33 am

Programs: BA:Gold Amex:Green :IC Platinum Elite Amb
Scandic Club Transfer to HHonors now online

For people with Scandic Club membership the www.scandic-hotel.com site now lets you transfer stays and free nights over to the Hilton HHonors program.

From a collegue who has just converted SC Privledge to HH Diamond:

"Any Scandic free nights will br transferred into 10000 Hilton points. Diamond also gets 1500 points a night rather than 1000."

So yippee to 100,000 HHonors for me but they seem to have recalculated nights so at 45 in the past 12 months I think that makes me Gold ;-(
Old Apr 16, 2002, 10:30 am

I did the transfer online, but the new hhonor account is not valid when I try to review it on www.hilton.com. When I go back to Scandic, my old account is gone! I called the HH Service Center and they could locate my account either! Strange!
Old May 10, 2002, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

In my postal statement today it states

Effective April 15
HHonors members will earn 1,0000 HHonors points per night at Scandic Hotels plus 100 airline miles with selected partners.
Can redeem points for stays.
" HHonors nights at Scandic Hotels will count towards the night qualification for HHonors VIP tier status however the stay itself will not count towards the VIP tier status qualification" and to refer to www.hiltonhhonors.com for more information.

Regards
TBS
Old May 11, 2002, 3:40 am

Scandic Hotels should be part of the HH family soon...9/11 delayed the plans. Basically they are evaluating every property and the prominent ones will be converted to Hiltons, other brands may follow.
According Finnish and Swedish Scandic websites you can start earning HH-points now, sorry don't speak Danish...
JJeffrey: I can just imagine how cold it must have been up there, I was in HEL same time and I was freezing...
davistev: There is one former SAS/Radisson in HEL and several Scandics that eventually will become Hiltons, call and ask, here is some numbers if you would like to contact directly (all these are great hotels, so most likely future Hiltons)

Scandic Hotel Grand Marina Helsinki
Tel: +358 9 16 661

Scandic Hotel Simonkenttä Helsinki
Tel: +358 (0) 9-68 380

Scandic Hotel Kalastajatorppa Helsinki
Tel: +358 9 458 11

Scandic Hotel Continental Helsinki
Tel: +358 9 405 51

Scandic Hotel Marski Helsinki
Tel: +358 9 680 61

Hope this helps!
Old May 22, 2002, 12:50 am

Programs: SK*G
Trouble with HHonors at Scandic

Has anyone experienced problems when trying to register their HHonors account number when staying at Scancic in Sweden? My number has been rejected during my 3 different stays the last 2 weeks, and the people at the check-in counter informed me that the HHonors IDs starts with 5 and not 4 (as in my case). I've been in contact with HHonors via email, and they told me to fax in the reciepts. Good enough, but it would be nicer if it worked "out-of-the-box".
Old May 22, 2002, 9:12 pm

Gee, I'm a "4" too! I'd like to use them in a year or two...

JP
Old May 22, 2002, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold

?

By "ID" do you mean PIN?
Old May 24, 2002, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA 1MM (Back to GLD for now)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by johanmm:
... the people at the check-in counter informed me that the HHonors IDs starts with 5 and not 4 (as in my case) ... </font>
They're idiots. Mine starts with a "2".

-Plat
Old Jun 5, 2002, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, LH SEN *, HH Gold
Scandic posting - when?

How long is it supposed to take for stays at Scandic to post?
Old Jun 5, 2002, 1:54 pm

Did you sign up for INTU promo Hagbard Viking? If so I would be intrested to know if a Scandic stay is counted as a stay in the INTU promo and you receive 5K bonus points.
Old Jun 6, 2002, 1:12 am

It's does
Old Jun 6, 2002, 3:26 am

Programs: SK*G
Regarding time-to-post: Don't know. My 3 stays since I became HHonors member (4 weeks ago) have not made it into my account yet.

[This message has been edited by johanmm (edited 06-24-2002).]
Old Jun 20, 2002, 4:07 am

Online booking bonus on Scandic?

Subject says it all. Do I get any online booking bonus when booking on www.scandic-hotels.com?
Old Jun 22, 2002, 8:31 am

No one?
Old Jun 22, 2002, 4:14 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kempis:
Do I get any online booking bonus when booking on www.scandic-hotels.com?</font>
No. "This offer applies to reservations made on the Hilton, Conrad, Doubletree, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hampton Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites, Hilton Garden Inn and Homewood Suites by Hilton websites."

http://www.hiltonhhonors.com/reservationbonus/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.