Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Ireland {IRL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Ireland {IRL}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2014, 2:16 am

yes, i'm still reading all the replies! thanks so far!!!

the weather will probably not be the best at the beginning of january, so i want to be able to get back to the hotel between sightseeing. so far i was thinking of the dt morrison, since it seems to be close to museum etc. although the airport or public bus seems not to stop directly in front of the hotel.

thanks again!
Old Dec 3, 2014, 5:14 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
OP might also want to look at this recent thread. My choice would be the DT on the liffey.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-morrison.html
Old Dec 3, 2014, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
You could also split your time between hotels for a more diversified and economical experience, for example I would recommend to start with a couple of days at Hilton Kilmainham (for the immediate sites and immediate access to the hop on hop-off bus, and to keep the cost down) and the rest at another Hilton closer to downtown. Most flights from the US arrive in DUB at early am, and Kilmainham will let you into the room upon arrival (at least in my experience as HH Gold), unless they are completely full (I doubt it for Jan).
Old Dec 3, 2014, 11:44 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life
Originally Posted by inpd
The Hilton Airport (which is 7 miles south of the airport!) is on the northern fringe of the city is a convenient place to spend your last night. Its new, clean and has transportation to the airport. You can regularly get rates there for under $70 Euro.
Stayed here in May, good location, nice staff. They even had the airport shuttle follow me over to the rental car lot to drop off our rental car and bring me back to the hotel. Excellent service
Old Dec 4, 2014, 2:34 pm

I haven't stayed at any of the Hilton properties in Dublin, but it's an easy city to get around in. Especially on the hop on hop off bus which I'm usually not a fan of. We also took the bus to and from the airport. The city seemed quite small and is very walkable. I'd definitely pick a hotel where you're close to a local pub to enjoy the evening music and be able to walk back to your hotel. We stayed at an airport hotel the night before we flew out and while the hotel was very nice, the location was a bummer as it was just another hotel and didn't have the irish ambience that we enjoyed during our Ireland travels.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 9:32 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Just completed a stay a DT Burlington. Correct about high society frequenting the area. There was a Christmas party and men in tux and women in full attire, diamonds, big hair and plenty of make up.

At first I was concerned about location, but it is just 10-15 min walk to Grafton, then another 15 minutes to Temple Bar area. Not too bad, of course you can taxi it. But the airport shuttle drops off/pick up in front, so huge benefit.
Plus, at 20K/night, with an Exec Lounge, free breakfast and nice modern and spacious rooms, a bargain in my opinion. Great service, very professional. The hotel was sold out all week.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:15 pm

I'm trying to make the same decision for next May. Single younger woman, likes museums but needs a good pub to hang out at in the evening. I just don't know if I can justify 60k points per night. I don't mind walking as long as its safe.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA GS; Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott, Hyatt; Hertz
Been years, but always liked the Conrad for convenience. Rooms small, although once was upgraded to a very large suite as a Diamond. Breakfast was fantastic ... but all a bit out of date. Pubs @ Temple Bar.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA Platinum HH Diamond
I'd recommend the DT Burlington also. It's a nice hotel and there is usually a good atmosphere in the bar and lobby.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 10:32 am

If you stay at the Conrad make sure that you get the room that you booked and paid for. We are on a 2 night stay and both room types have been changed without discussing it with us (not upgrades). As a Diamond bit annoying as I assume that everyone else staying has also been room shifted. Apparently having an interconnecting room with GROWN UP children is preferable so they decided to do it as most families prefer it- changing one from a king to a twin and 1 from a 1 bed suite to an open suite. All privacy destroyed. If we had wanted that we would have booked it!
Old Apr 17, 2015, 3:41 pm

Programs: HHonors
How does Conrad Dublin compare?

How does Conrad Dublin compare to other Hilton properties in Ireland? How does it compare to Conrad London St James?

I'm planning a family holiday to Ireland and have had good experiences at the Burlington Road Doubletree and Hilton Airport, after a very nice stay at the Conrad London St James I'm wondering if its worth paying the extra to stay at the Conrad Dublin?

Has anyone stayed at the Conrad Dublin and London St James? How do the properties compare to each other? Tripadvisor has some poor reviews but I see its category has been adjusted upwards.

I was probably swayed by the free Guinness tap in the exec lounge at the Burlington Road Doubletree but I remember it being very nice. How does the Conrad compare to this hotel?

Can anyone advise?

Thanks
Old Apr 18, 2015, 3:53 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
There's no comparison between this Conrad and most others - particularly the London property. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice hotel, with good service levels, in a pleasant part of town - though requires a short-moderate walk to most areas of interest in Dublin. There is no exec lounge and the decor is more 90's than contemporary.

If you are going to Dublin it is a good solid option within the Hilton family and isn't overly expensive. But you won't feel 'wowed'!
Old Apr 18, 2015, 7:07 am

Programs: BA blue, HHonors Gold
I'd agree with Diamond club freeloader Dublin Conrad is a perfectly good option. Its a pleasant hotel - not too far a walk from the centre of the city. Rooms are fine, good breakfasts and not excessively expensive. Nothing to make you wildly excited though and as mentioned no executive lounge unfortunately. I was there last year for a weekend and I'll be back in June.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 7:17 pm

Best Dublin Option

Hey guys & gals, my wife and I are doing a 2 night stay in Dublin as part of a bigger Ireland site seeing trip and at the moment we have just about 60,000 hilton points. I would love to get the DoubleTree Morrison but not enough points for that.

So it looks like our options are the Hilton Dublin Kilmainham or The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dublin, both are 30k per night.

It looks like the DoubleTree is the nicer hotel, but which is better location-wise for visiting Dublin? They both don't seem to be ideal (compared to the morrison).

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 4:57 am

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
I have stayed at airport Hilton. sometimes you can catch really cheap rates there. that hotel is on a city bus route that will drop you off right downtown. bus route in opposite direction takes you to a pretty little town on the ocean called malahide.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.