Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Instant Gold membership for Visa Signature cardholders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Instant Gold membership for Visa Signature cardholders

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2011, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat; Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, BestW Plat
Originally Posted by Paul3456
+1 YES

The expiration date of status should show on the member's account page. Calling in to find out wastes everyone's time.
Yes, but IMO HH has a lot more things to worry about fixing on their crappy website than adding status expiration dates. Not to mention their iPhone apps..... 8 different apps for 8 different hotel brands? No thanks, Hilton!
Old Aug 27, 2011, 7:20 pm

Programs: DL: 2MM/DM Marriott: LT Platinum
Thanks OP - completed three stays - all paid by Visa and confirmed gold thru 3/13.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, National Exec. Elite, Hilton Gold, GE
I confirmed over the phone that my Gold status has been extended. The OP deserves a beer...if only FT had the emoticon for that.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Paul3456
+1 YES

The expiration date of status should show on the member's account page. Calling in to find out wastes everyone's time.
I don't see it, unles it is some other page????
Old Aug 28, 2011, 10:25 am

Programs: AA Plat; Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, BestW Plat
Originally Posted by BF263533
I don't see it, unles it is some other page????
He means that it "should" logically be there, according to ideal principles of a correctly-run HH program and website, but it isn't -- so you have to call in.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by badgerW
Not to mention their iPhone apps..... 8 different apps for 8 different hotel brands? No thanks, Hilton!
Well, this isn't too bad. You can do all you need with one app (just don't make it the Conrad app, which has a drop-down showing only cities with Conrads, or the W=A app, which is all different). The Hilton and HGI apps have different interfaces, so just pick whichever of those you like and you're set.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 1:28 pm

I wish I had found this thread earlier...or didn't find it at all...I've stayed at a Hilton half a dozen times since the promotion started and used a Visa Signature every time. I would have easily gotten the extension.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 9:04 am

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Yes, but IMO HH has a lot more things to worry about fixing on their crappy website than adding status expiration dates.
LOL. Well, if they could add the expiration dates, I'd bet they might just have enough know-how to fix everything else. You see, they won't hire computer science folks that worked with the harder programming languages to work with the current easier ones that they are using now. @:-) That's why it's [crappy].

Spock Seat
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:59 am

He means that it "should" logically be there, according to ideal principles of a correctly-run HH program and website, but it isn't -- so you have to call in.
Thanks.

Like 5 years ago I thought there was some burried link where it showed progress for tier status under the promotion offered?

I called in and the rep said there was no indication of the expiration date. I guess I will call back tomorrow to see if the expiration date was extended to March 2013.

Last edited by BF263533; Aug 29, 2011 at 12:07 pm
Old Aug 29, 2011, 8:37 pm

Thanks very much to the OP for this, I wouldn't have known about it otherwise. Completed my 3 stays while on a short vacation recently and confirmed by phone tonight that I'm all set until 3/31/13. Now I can skip my year-end mattress runs and use that money for Hilton properties in places I actually want to visit instead of 10 miles from home.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by Ben21
Data point:

I just completed my 3rd stay last weekend after signing up for the promo, and of the three stays, I paid the first with my HHonors AMEX, my second with my corporate MasterCard, and the final with my AMEX again. I asked HHonors CS if my gold would be extended to 2013, and they confirmed they're currently processing my new, EXTENDED, gold card.

So I don't think the stays need to be paid for by the signature visa.

Good luck everyone!
Thanks for the heads up. thats enough confirmation for me to do a mattress run as im 1 stay short but was unsure about the cc as i had to pay the others on amex.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 11:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Glad I called in to check on my status extension....

I did my 3 stays and paid with Visa Signature but apparently one stay posted as "CA" which the agent thought meant I paid with cash. She went ahead and fixed it, but I definitely did NOT pay with cash and have the cc statement to prove it.

So YMMV..... might want to call in and confirm!
Old Aug 31, 2011, 11:26 am

Programs: HHonors, Delta
Registered, did the three stays, and FORGOT to pay with Sig Visa! Aaaagh. Now I'll have to get 8 more stays this year. I feel so silly.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 11:43 am

Programs: *Gold+Silver HHGold CCGold IHGPlatAmb
Smile

Originally Posted by took
Registered, did the three stays, and FORGOT to pay with Sig Visa! Aaaagh. Now I'll have to get 8 more stays this year. I feel so silly.
Why not use the MVP-Promo? -->
https://www.hhonors.com/landingpages/mvp.aspx

4 Stays and gold, too.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by took
dont be so sure it wont credit you with gold...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.