Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Instant Gold membership for Visa Signature cardholders

Instant Gold membership for Visa Signature cardholders

Old Oct 7, 2011, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by N_Phoenix
I just reinstated mine, only took about 20 mins.
My 20 minute call ended with "I can put in a case but you didn't follow the rules. It'll take 7 to 10 days before anyone gets to it."

DISAPPOINTED. Back to spg, I guess.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MrLincoln
My 20 minute call ended with "I can put in a case but you didn't follow the rules. It'll take 7 to 10 days before anyone gets to it."

DISAPPOINTED. Back to spg, I guess.
You'll find that you won't be disappointed at SPG vs Hilton...
Old Oct 13, 2011, 8:17 am

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
Thumbs down Dropped to Blue - Checked out on 9/1

I was dropped back to Blue status.

I had my three stays

My last stay was arriving on August 31st and checked out on Sept 1.

According to the HHonors rep, checking in on the last day of the promo was not sufficient. You must have checked out (completed) the stay by the 31st.

In just about every other promo across all hotel loyalty programs, as long as the activity began during the promo period then you were fine.

In this case, if you had a 5 night stay and checked out on September 1, the stay would NOT have qualified.

TW
Old Oct 15, 2011, 12:11 am

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
I was dropped to silver after completing three stays and paying with the signature card.

Just booked a Hilton property for this Monday, Oct 17th, and saw the "silver" designation.

Called the HHonors line and spoke to a representative. Seems a stay we had at a Hilton in London did not show that we paid by our signature card (which we did). Told the rep I have the folio to prove that we did pay with the proper card. Offered to fax her a copy of the folio. After lots of talk with the supervisor, they have restored my gold status pending "research" by some other department.

I was a Hilton diamond for many years, until our grandchild was born. Now we don't travel as much. Never had a problem with HHonors before.

We'll see what happens here.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
I purposely stayed more than 3 times just in case. But I had to, however. I'm still Gold.

Spock Seat
Old Oct 16, 2011, 10:32 am

Programs: DL: 2MM/DM Marriott: LT Platinum
I completed minimum number of stays and paid with Signature Visa and I am still gold as of today (crossing my fingers).
Old Oct 20, 2011, 8:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Tolarian Wind
My last stay was arriving on August 31st and checked out on Sept 1.

According to the HHonors rep, checking in on the last day of the promo was not sufficient. You must have checked out (completed) the stay by the 31st.
Whoever you talked to is absolutely, absolutely incorrect. (O.k., let's be honest, whoever you talked to is lazy and trying to get you to go away w/o doing any work.) My 3rd stay was also a one night stay Aug 31/ Sept 1st. I do now have Gold Status, I used it this weekend.

The rules were clear: checking in by Aug 31 is what was needed. (Please ignore the grammatical errors in the following quote. They are Hilton's errors, not mine.):

"If my stay begins before the promotion end date but includes nights after the promotional period, will my stay still count towards my required of three stays to retain Gold membership through March 31, 2013? (i.e. check in August 29 and check out September 2)

Yes, as long as you register prior to checking out, your stay will count towards the offer."

Last edited by jn in ca; Oct 20, 2011 at 8:22 pm
Old Oct 27, 2011, 1:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
T&Cs

This is what I sent to the supervisor who reinstated my gold status

to which adress did you send it ?
( have the same problem here)
Old Nov 4, 2011, 1:41 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA 1k.
I also did not use Visa, but did complete three stays, and dropped to Silver.

About two weeks ago I spoke with a CS rep, he said to send email to hhonors. Did that asking for reinstatement and sent them a screen shot I took of their T&C, but got a "can't do" response, claiming FAQ "rules".

Then I spoke with a supervisor, pointed to T&C. She asked me to send her the screenshot (even Hilton's link is still live). No response after a week and another email to her. Basically, sounds like they've decided to ignore my request and hope it goes away.

I read the T&C and followed the rules. I would not have booked those stays at Hilton, as I had better options (and prices) at the time. Not impressed at all by how they are handling this!
Old Nov 4, 2011, 7:00 pm

Programs: Too many to list
I even used my Visa, got dropped to Silver and had to call CS. 45 minutes on the phone and all I got was: "We'll set up a case, investigate and get back to you," even though she could see the Visa payment on the stays!

2 weeks (!) later account finally reflects gold status.

Truly bad, ridiculous customer service. This isn't just a problem with Hilton. I'm getting very tired of having to call to get proper credit for nearly every promo.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 12:49 am

Programs: UA Silv; Hyatt Plat, Priority Club, SPG G, HHonors G, Marriott S; Hertz 5*; AA, WN, Pan Am!
Originally Posted by vip66
I also did not use Visa, but did complete three stays, and dropped to Silver.

About two weeks ago I spoke with a CS rep, he said to send email to hhonors. Did that asking for reinstatement and sent them a screen shot I took of their T&C, but got a "can't do" response, claiming FAQ "rules".

Then I spoke with a supervisor, pointed to T&C. She asked me to send her the screenshot (even Hilton's link is still live). No response after a week and another email to her. Basically, sounds like they've decided to ignore my request and hope it goes away.

I read the T&C and followed the rules. I would not have booked those stays at Hilton, as I had better options (and prices) at the time. Not impressed at all by how they are handling this!
I did not use Visa for my stays either. I certainly could have and would have if the T&C had said to, because I read the T&C after I signed up.

Sent an email tonight (after logging on to see that I was back down to Silver, thus finding out why I didn't get any Gold benefits at the Conrad Chicago last week). We'll see. This is remarkably annoying though.

I switched my focus from Marriott to Hilton a couple years back because they handled their sh..stuff better. Wondering where to head from here if they don't pull their heads out of their butts on this one.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 12:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
I had the same issue.
Sent Email to CS. Mail came back from Supervisor.
"regained" Gold status till 2013 as sign of "customer appreciation".
Happy.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM; Hyatt Explorist; MR Gold; HH Diamond
Data point:

I had three stays and paid 1 with AMEX and 2 with my CITI signature visa. I retained gold status until March of 2013.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by N_Phoenix
I just reinstated mine, only took about 20 mins. I also figured out why it wasn't automatically done. I prepaid through the website using the Visa but checked in using my HH Amex (trying to get the extra 2500 since the card is new, which didn't work). Apparently, checking in with the Amex caused the system to think I used my Amex when I actually paid for the room with the visa.
Yup I did the exact same thing. After a phone call they just reinstated mine as well.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 1:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; IHG Spire Elite
Just got my new card with the 3/12 date called and the nice CS rep-- after 2 "I'll check with my supervisor"-- corrected my status to 2013. She acknowledged that whomever wrote the T&C made a mistake and didn't write "and paid with a Visa Signature card."

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.