Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Instant Gold membership for Visa Signature cardholders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Instant Gold membership for Visa Signature cardholders

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2011, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA ExP
Still Ghetto Gold here!

Hopefully this Ghetto Gold sticks around for a few weeks... I signed up on the 31st since I'll have my first stay of the year at a Hilton next week. Free breakfast (or Execute level upgrade) and wifi would be a huge bonus! If it doesn't I hope I can still sign up for a different Gold fast track...

If I'm still gold after I check out I'll call and find out when it expires.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by cmhsieh54
I didn't do the 3 stays in time, but I still show gold, so yesterday I called.

Apparently, according to the CSR I spoke to, after I failed to make 3 stays in time, my status turned into a kind of MVP fast-track. So I now have 90 days from my August 9th registration to accumulate 4 (not 3) stays to get gold. But throughout this 90-day period, I retain this complimentary gold status. Thus, I have gold until November 9th.

Which is cool, seeing that my only foreseeable Hilton stay coming up is in mid-October.

Maybe somebody else wants to call in and confirm...
Definitely signed up over 90 days ago and still showing gold here.... only made 1 3-night stay during the promotion period.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 2:27 pm

Mine is gone :-(
Old Sep 28, 2011, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by mrfrancis3000
Mine is gone :-(
Rats. I just dropped too -- and I even went so far as to do a Hilton stay last week.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 6:40 pm

Programs: OZ, AA, Hyatt, Marriott, SPG
I guess Hilton got around to updating their system as I am no longer gold.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 8:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Data point:

Not to gloat, but my Gold is still there.
(I completed my required stays.)

Now for the next question, when does my Gold card arrive?
Old Sep 28, 2011, 9:55 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Registered. 4 stays. Used Visa Signature as required. Back down to Silver.

Why can't this crap ever work right?
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by Cheapskate Travels
Registered. 4 stays. Used Visa Signature as required. Back down to Silver.

Why can't this crap ever work right?
I am now Silver also. I will call Hilton to see what this crap is all about.

They need to scrap their computer system.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 9:48 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Fulfilled ALL terms of this offer; checked with HHonors several times to make sure it was OK, but was Blue when checking into a Doubletree last night. What I thought would be a quick call to Hhonors turned into a "7 to 10 business days" response. I have upcoming stays for which the Gold benefits made me choose Hilton even though I am SPG Plat and Hyatt Diamond. Sent an email but am about to board a flight and have, as yet, no response. Seems a promot that did little other than anger folks!
Old Sep 30, 2011, 12:39 pm

Registered, was gold and did 3 stays, but today was dropped to Silver. Called to ask what was going on. They claimed I needed 4 stays, not 3 as was advertised, and would not budge.

Oh well, that was fun while it lasted. Back to SPG for me.

Last edited by falconred; Sep 30, 2011 at 12:44 pm
Old Sep 30, 2011, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
Registered in August here - did 3 stays in the last 11 days of August paying each stay with my same Visa Signature card I registered with and my Gold is properly still showing here.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by bonish
I thought I'd made the same mistake, but then I checked the T&C's and there is no mention of mandatory use of the Visa Sig card, only the stay requirements. Promos with other chains I've participated in clearly state the requirement to use a specific card.
From the FAQ's at: https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/landin...ature_FAQ.aspx

"If, after registering, the HHonors member completes three stays by August 31, 2011, using their Visa Signature card, then they will retain their Gold membership through March 31, 2013."

Sounds pretty clearly stated to me.....but with Hilton's crack IT staff, who knows if it can or will actually be enforced.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 3:05 pm

dropped

4 stays and my gold was dropped!
Old Sep 30, 2011, 9:58 pm

Mine was dropped too. Registered, 3 stays and used signature. Guess it's time to call.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Thumbs down One of my stay posted as I was paying cash, and it won't get it fix for two weeks

ok, I just logged in about to make 2 reservations for next week in SFO for the UA fleet week, then I saw I am silver. Called HHonors, was told one of my stay posted I was paying for cash, so I told them no, it was in my credit statement for all 3 stays. They told me to fax in my credit card statement, but it won't fix for 7-10 business days. That means I won't get my status back to gold for another 2 weeks.

The guy on the phone went and asked for the supervisor to see if they can bypass and make me gold instantly, came back and told me no.

You know it wasn't even my mistake, but I was punished by that. Sorry, Hilton, you had just lost my business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.