Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Grand Vacations Promotions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Grand Vacations Promotions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2019, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by United16
Whoever your contact is, just give them a call and ask the room type.

Kinda depends what you're looking for I guess, but I think Elara and The Boulevard are the best ones in Vegas. Elara being my preference, it is located center strip (just back off of the strip) and connected to the Miracle Mile shops, which makes an easy walk to Planet Hollywood without even going outside. Also close to a bunch of other stuff that you can easily walk to rather than getting a rideshare. Rooms are nice, most of them have been recently upgraded, and it nice and clean. If you're there in the summer, the pool area is nice too.

The Boulevard is located on the far end of the strip (Circus Circus and Westgate end of the stip) so anytime you want to go somewhere you'll need to take a rideshare. Never had a bad experience here; the pool area is very nice (though I like Elara's better) and rooms are newer here too. Blvd would be my second choice if you can't get a room at Elara
Perfect. Thanks. Does Elara have kitchenette?
Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
As per tugbbs.com (Flyertalk for timeshares), Hilton is one of the better timeshares out ther if you buy on the resale market. Don't buy directly from hilton as the cost of devleoper sales, marketing & commissions is majority of the cost. They are good at conning people into buying. These direct buyers are similar to people who pay interest on credit cards, they subsidize the timeshares for others who use them well. What I read was you can get 7000 points resale contract in vegas for around $8k with annual fees of around $1100. 7000 points is enough for one week in a 2 BR in most locations, 10 days in 1 BR or 2 weeks in a studio.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by mintcilantro
As per tugbbs.com (Flyertalk for timeshares), Hilton is one of the better timeshares out ther if you buy on the resale market. Don't buy directly from hilton as the cost of devleoper sales, marketing & commissions is majority of the cost. They are good at conning people into buying. These direct buyers are similar to people who pay interest on credit cards, they subsidize the timeshares for others who use them well. What I read was you can get 7000 points resale contract in vegas for around $8k with annual fees of around $1100. 7000 points is enough for one week in a 2 BR in most locations, 10 days in 1 BR or 2 weeks in a studio.
I have a hard time even getting those numbers to make sense, let alone the list prices from Hilton.
B3nder likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by birdiedouble
I have a hard time even getting those numbers to make sense, let alone the list prices from Hilton.
Cmon, you mean you don't agree with the timeshare salesman? Plus there's also fees to make the reservations (in addition to maintenance), if I remember correctly.

Don't you think hotel prices will increase at over 3x inflation (9%!) every year?
No need to apply an opportunity cost to the up-front fees. That costs you nothing. It's only the hotel prices you're not going to pay that will increase every year. Plus, sure they can increase maintenance fees. But lets just assume it stays the same because we can't predict what they'll increase at.

It's like a Tesla when they were having the price shown including 30 years of gas savings applied to the purchase price.

I did a HGV presentation a couple years ago in vegas. I paid $50 a night for an upgrade to a 2 room panoramic suite at the Elara. plus $199 on credit card that was refunded after the presentation (in contrast to actual terms, which said I would be paid $199 cash, which they of course refused...). Also got a $200 Be Our Guest one-night certificate, which I used for $196 refund of a double points HGI rate. It worked out OK back then. It also only worked out as I was actually booking a stay with Hilton on the phone for a Vegas trip when I got the offer to be transferred to their sales pitch. I made them commit to the date/time/location/room type before I committed to the $199 charge, and it replaced a paid stay I was already planning.

I'm glad I saw the warnings in this thread. Helping relative with Florida plans I may have been tempted to suggest to check on one of the promotions from HGV. But they're pretty terrible now with no Be Our Guest certificate and what looks like higher fees.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by birdiedouble
Yes. It's a tough one especially for those of us who earn a lot of free nights with our credit cards. I hvae stayed at a few places using these timeshare promotions and using SPG points. It was nice to have a kitchen on the ski trips.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 7:28 am

I'm aware of the conditional 3/4 night current stay plus HH points offers that require you to attend a presentation, but I'm curious if anyone who has stayed at a Hilton Grand Vacations resort on their own dime got different offers at check in to participate? Obviously there's no obligation in that case to do so, but I'm sure the resort wants a shot at everyone staying there. If anyone has experience with this scenario, did they get a larger points offer, a future stay, or both?
Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: MileagePlus Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mshock79
...If anyone has experience with this scenario, did they get a larger points offer, a future stay, or both?
We have stayed at the HGVC Kings' Land on the big island of Hawaii for each of the last 4 years. We are not HGVC owners (and don't plan to ever be). Each check-in we are given a card to be exchanged for a free arrival gift (that turns out to be a beach/shopping bag) by simply dropping by the concierge. Doing so we receive the appeal to attend a briefing in exchange for a discount card (10% off any tour/activity booked through the concierge and other assorted minor Waikoloa resort discounts). We decline each time. Never has anything more been offered.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by rabilancia
...we receive the appeal to attend a briefing in exchange for a discount card (10% off any tour/activity booked through the concierge and other assorted minor Waikoloa resort discounts). We decline each time. Never has anything more been offered.
That's shockingly poor considering (until recently, at least) Marriott awarded 25k pts and I routinely received 10k SPG (30k Marriott) for a timeshare presentation at the Westin Cancun.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: HHonors, UA, AA, CET
Originally Posted by mshock79
I'm aware of the conditional 3/4 night current stay plus HH points offers that require you to attend a presentation, but I'm curious if anyone who has stayed at a Hilton Grand Vacations resort on their own dime got different offers at check in to participate? Obviously there's no obligation in that case to do so, but I'm sure the resort wants a shot at everyone staying there. If anyone has experience with this scenario, did they get a larger points offer, a future stay, or both?
When I was in NYC (maybe 5 years ago now) they offered me 50k points to listen to the sales presentation, which I went to. When I didn't buy they then offered me a 7 night stay at any of their properties for $1,400
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:09 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, TrueBlue, SkyMiles, HH SM, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Today I was transferred to the promotions department and they were selling me $99 four nights stay in Vegas or 3 nights in DC for $199 with bonus points. Are these legitimate? Are there really no black out dates?
Old Sep 11, 2019, 10:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by dx3003
Today I was transferred to the promotions department and they were selling me $99 four nights stay in Vegas or 3 nights in DC for $199 with bonus points. Are these legitimate? Are there really no black out dates?
Unrelated to this promo. Sounds like a timeshare deal. It's legit but you'll probably have to sit through a sales pitch during your stay.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 11:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Very odd that DC was an option - you usually see Vegas, Orlando or Hawaii. And yes, it's a timeshare pitch.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by RafKa
Unrelated to this promo. Sounds like a timeshare deal. It's legit but you'll probably have to sit through a sales pitch during your stay.
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Very odd that DC was an option - you usually see Vegas, Orlando or Hawaii. And yes, it's a timeshare pitch.
How are these timeshares different from other Hilton properties? Is it worth it? Do you recommend it?

If this belongs in a different thread, please move.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RafKa
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I had the same thing a few weeks ago. They offered DC and Vegas among others, and I took NYC (only 2 nights, sadly) as I planned to be there next month anyway. Apparently no blackout dates, but if you want to book fairly close in as I did the best hotel options are likely to be full.

Yes, a timeshare spiel. I believe they said to allow 1.5 hours.

Last edited by SpammersAreScum; Sep 14, 2019 at 2:01 pm Reason: typo
Old Sep 13, 2019, 8:33 pm

Are these eligible to earn HHonors points?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.