Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Grand Vacations Promotions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Grand Vacations Promotions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2023, 5:55 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
4-day/3-night stay and 75k HHonors points for 249 plus tax on several locations. 12 months timeframe.
From todays email: Guests must purchase by May 9, 2023 to enjoy a 4-day/3-night stay for $249 plus tax in Orlando, Florida; Las Vegas, Nevada; Myrtle Beach, South Carolina or Hilton Head, South Carolina at a participating hotel within the Hilton portfolio of brands (valued at $175-$500/night). Guests will receive 75,000 Hilton Honors™ Bonus Points (valued at $750) after attending a sales presentation. Redemption of Points is subject to Hilton Honors Terms and Conditions and valid membership.
You have up to 12 months from date of purchase to travel. Please read complete Details of Participation. As part of your vacation package, you'll attend a two-hour sales presentation, where you'll learn how you and your family can enjoy the many benefits and privileges of vacation ownership with Hilton Grand Vacations. Guests must purchase by May 9, 2023 to enjoy a 4-day/3-night stay for $249 plus tax in Orlando, Florida; Las Vegas, Nevada; Myrtle Beach, South Carolina or Hilton Head, South Carolina at a participating hotel within the Hilton portfolio of brands (valued at $175-$500/night). Guests will receive 75,000 Hilton Honors™ Bonus Points (valued at $750) after attending a sales presentation
Old Aug 13, 2023, 1:09 pm

Call frowarded from HHonors Diamond customer service. Offered 1000 points just for listening but do not give points if already given during the last six months.
Asked about LV and csr made two offers: 4d/3n for $159 and 100% cashback plus 25k points or $199 and 100% cashback plus "Be My Guest "certificate of $200 value. Valid for 12 months. Both offers were made after I refused the first offer of 20k points, $100 certificate and 9 months.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 12:44 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
what is LV and CSR?

I got a 5d/4night for Hawaii and I didn't get to choose any date past October. No extra points or certs given. I didn't refuse the first offer.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by secretflyer
what is LV and CSR?
Las Vegas and Customer Service Representative
secretflyer likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 3:10 pm

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by secretflyer
what is LV and CSR?
WWTEST

(was wondering the exact same thing!)
SPN Lifer and secretflyer like this.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
We need 4N in Cabo next spring and I am seeing $449 for 3 nights at La Pacifica, a Hilton Club. Anybody have any luck adding an extra night to their package, or just book separately?
Also does HGV allow you to buy-up when you purchase the package? I'd prefer to pay more for a 1BR instead of a studio lockoff.
birdiedouble likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 9:33 am

I believe you can add extra nights at a discounted rate if you discuss it with the sales person when booking.
However ; important to note...

When you buy the package they usually don't guarantee any specific property. Really depends on how far out and your dates.
I recall my first dates I was not guaranteed a property in Cabo and did not want to get stuck at a Hilton Garden Inn or similar so a week or so later I asked them to switch to different dates that they could give me guaranteed room at the Hilton hotel.
So you would need to have a property guarantee before you could possibly try and talk about purchasing room upgrades making your second question hard to answer.

For next Spring they may not know yet and it will fluctuate so you may need to call back often about dates.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 8:09 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Are there any Diamond benefits when staying at an HGV property?
Old Oct 12, 2023, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Are there any Diamond benefits when staying at an HGV property?
When I was staying in Vegas 2 years ago at Trump International,, they offered extra bottled water and late checkout, since I asked. Normal checkout was 11:00 am and I got 1:00 PM.
I was hoping someone was going to cook me breakfast, but it wasn't meant to be.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 6:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Boraxo
We need 4N in Cabo next spring and I am seeing $449 for 3 nights at La Pacifica, a Hilton Club. Anybody have any luck adding an extra night to their package, or just book separately?
Also does HGV allow you to buy-up when you purchase the package? I'd prefer to pay more for a 1BR instead of a studio lockoff.
I actually added a few nights to a Hawaii offer. This was about 5-6 years ago and may not have been the most economical deal, but it was a hectic time in our life and worked out well.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 6:21 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
I did a call forward from Hilton reservations for 1000 points to listen and purchased a $199 4d/3n package with 50k points, $199 cash back and $200 Be My Guest certificate. And usual guaranteed at least a studio. I don't care too much about particular property as long as it's a decent, clean hotel. I need to go to LAS for a few days in about 6 months and don't care about amenities, this will satisfy the hotel and I am able to expense the room cost.

I accepted this offer and paid on August 31st. I made it clear it would be at least November/December before I would select a date (they gave me for free up to a year vs the 6 months). I said this to multiple people on the phone that have called since. I'm about to complain or block their number because, including the half dozen I've answered, I have gotten a total of 72 phone calls from HGV. No voicemail ever left. Today alone they've called 4 times ranging from 7am to now at 8pm.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 10:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, and no status whatsoever on the airlines (!)
I purchased a package and attended this past weekend in NYC. Already rather regretting it and I urge caution to anyone considering these promos.
  • I was placed in a 2nd floor room right above a busy street and with poor sound insulation. Good thing I brought my earplugs. Room/property was pretty meh overall. Luckily the presentation itself wasn't an awful hard-sell; I was out of there in about 90 minutes.
  • The "$200 Spend a Night On Us" certificate? Utter B.S. I specifically called ahead of time and asked, "Can I use this at the Hilton Motto in Chelsea?" and the rep said, "Yes, absolutely. When you arrive, just ask for it to be for any Hilton branded hotel; that way you can use it for any Hilton hotel you like.”

Well, that was a lie. And despite getting that rep's name and having this conversation undoubtedly recorded, the rep I spoke with after my trip said there's nothing I can do; the Tapestry hotels, despite being literally "By Hilton" in the very name do not qualify for use with the $200 voucher. Could I speak with a manager? No, that's not possible. So I'm out the full cost of that quite-expensive night.
I'll try calling Hilton corporate to address tomorrow, and after that I'm tempted to just contest the package charge with AMEX (since I did not get what was promised), but I'd be sacrificing the 4 day cruise, so I probably will just suck it up. Unless that turns out to be a bait-and-switch, too, in which case, yeah, definitely contesting the charge.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 11:42 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ThatAdamGuy
I'll try calling Hilton corporate to address tomorrow, and after that I'm tempted to just contest the package charge with AMEX (since I did not get what was promised), but I'd be sacrificing the 4 day cruise, so I probably will just suck it up. Unless that turns out to be a bait-and-switch, too, in which case, yeah, definitely contesting the charge.
I'm considering contesting the charge as well because one of the timeshare presentations left me scarred.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 4:21 pm

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Originally Posted by JAXPax
I did a call forward from Hilton reservations for 1000 points to listen and purchased a $199 4d/3n package with 50k points, $199 cash back and $200 Be My Guest certificate. And usual guaranteed at least a studio. I don't care too much about particular property as long as it's a decent, clean hotel. I need to go to LAS for a few days in about 6 months and don't care about amenities, this will satisfy the hotel and I am able to expense the room cost.

I accepted this offer and paid on August 31st. I made it clear it would be at least November/December before I would select a date (they gave me for free up to a year vs the 6 months). I said this to multiple people on the phone that have called since. I'm about to complain or block their number because, including the half dozen I've answered, I have gotten a total of 72 phone calls from HGV. No voicemail ever left. Today alone they've called 4 times ranging from 7am to now at 8pm.
You spent $199 with Hilton. So, calling you repeatedly does not violate the law since you and Hilton have a business relationship.

My life advice to young folks--avoid timeshares now and forever.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.