Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Grand Vacations Promotions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Grand Vacations Promotions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by abcx
Just confirming, but they don't do any offers in Maui, right? I checked the website and they have nothing there under Destinations, but there is a regular Hilton there (I know it's two different companies).
Wouldn't make a lot of sense for them to offer a timeshare offer to someplace they don't have timeshares. We did one at Waikoloa in April/May of 2015 and I just got another email offer Friday for Honolulu or Waikoloa. $699 for 5 nights. Have to purchase the offer by early April and have up to 12 months to travel after the date of purchase. I'll probably pass.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Besides the Hawaii HGVC offer I got in an email this past Friday, I received another one for NYC today. $299 for two nights plus a $200 Stay on Us Certificate. Tempting, but I really hate the idea of giving up 2+ hours for the presentation that I would never buy. Last and only one I did was reasonable, but I hate wasting time, mine or others.
Old May 1, 2019, 8:42 am

I just received an offer for HGVC trip (4 days, 3 nights for $199, with 25k honors points) in Chicago, ....i/Honolulu/Waikoloa (HI), DC, Orlando, Las Vegas, NYC, Carlsbad CA, Hilton Head, or Myrtle Beach.

While the HGVC properties look nice, it's very difficult to get a list of the area Hilton hotels where you could stay. Is there a way to search for these, other than talking to the reservation rep to get a list for each one?
Old May 5, 2019, 11:59 am

I've ocassionally been offered HGVC trips (taken one so far), but wanted to know if anyone knows how to make sure you actually get the offer of a trip when calling the reservation line.

I'll be visiting LA from the UK next year and could do with the offer of some low cost accoodation and theme park tickets.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have.
Old May 13, 2019, 7:36 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by Djc2345
I've ocassionally been offered HGVC trips (taken one so far), but wanted to know if anyone knows how to make sure you actually get the offer of a trip when calling the reservation line.

I'll be visiting LA from the UK next year and could do with the offer of some low cost accoodation and theme park tickets.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have.
I was transferred after making a HH points reservation w/ the diamond desk.

I am sure you can ask about the HGVC line when speaking to the general HHonors desk and they will transfer you to the marketing department.
Old May 13, 2019, 7:39 am

Any experience using a $200 Spend a night on us cert that was issued to someone else?

Myself and 1 other person both attended a presentation and got 1 of the $200 reimbursement certs each. I will use mine no problem.

But, he has no use for his in the next 6 months, so any data points on using a cert that was originally tied to someone else but turning it in under your name? His name is not on the actual cert, but they did write down a HGVC specific "customer number" on one of the lines.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 2:42 pm

Can I bring in my kids with me? I have 3 kids beside my wife?
Old Jun 25, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: HHonors, UA, AA, CET
Originally Posted by rocco24
Can I bring in my kids with me? I have 3 kids beside my wife?
On the trip or to the sales pitch?
Old Jun 25, 2019, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by United16
On the trip or to the sales pitch?
Trip I will be booking it as a single so the wife can stay with the kids
Old Jun 25, 2019, 4:34 pm

Okay one more Q for SME guys. Here's what I got an offer for HGVC trip (5 days, 4 nights for $199, with 25k honors points) Las Vegas. How are you guys able to also get $200 stay a night on us voucher?
Is there a way to avoid resort fees?
Old Jun 25, 2019, 6:55 pm

Trip I will be booking it as a single so the wife can stay with the kids
What type of room are they giving you? some of the jr suites have a small couch that I'm not sure pulls out. Chances are though they are giving you a 1 bedroom, which has a large L shaped sectional that pulls out in the living room.

Okay one more Q for SME guys. Here's what I got an offer for HGVC trip (5 days, 4 nights for $199, with 25k honors points) Las Vegas. How are you guys able to also get $200 stay a night on us voucher?
Is there a way to avoid resort fees?
Are you already an owner or they're trying to get you to buy in? I bought in a few years ago and will get similar offers to do an "owners update" (they just give me the same bs lines about I need to upgrade before the price goes up blah blah) and it's usually a pick from the following options that has the voucher included. I think it's usually Honors points, stay a night voucher, or gift card to restaurants there in Vegas. Also, since your technically staying at HGVC and not booking through Hilton, there won't be a resort fee
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:13 am

What type of room are they giving you? some of the jr suites have a small couch that I'm not sure pulls out. Chances are though they are giving you a 1 bedroom, which has a large L shaped sectional that pulls out in the living room.
I am not sure which room how do I find out?

Are you already an owner or they're trying to get you to buy in? I bought in a few years ago and will get similar offers to do an "owners update" (they just give me the same bs lines about I need to upgrade before the price goes up blah blah) and it's usually a pick from the following options that has the voucher included. I think it's usually Honors points, stay a night voucher, or gift card to restaurants there in Vegas. Also, since your technically staying at HGVC and not booking through Hilton, there won't be a resort fee
Thanks for the reply yes I just got it yesterday. Which HGVC do you recommend out of the five listed Elara,Flamingo, Trump, paradise or on the boulevard?

Last edited by rocco24; Jun 26, 2019 at 8:17 am Reason: adding
Old Jun 26, 2019, 1:51 pm

I am not sure which room how do I find out?

Thanks for the reply yes I just got it yesterday. Which HGVC do you recommend out of the five listed Elara,Flamingo, Trump, paradise or on the boulevard?
Whoever your contact is, just give them a call and ask the room type.

Kinda depends what you're looking for I guess, but I think Elara and The Boulevard are the best ones in Vegas. Elara being my preference, it is located center strip (just back off of the strip) and connected to the Miracle Mile shops, which makes an easy walk to Planet Hollywood without even going outside. Also close to a bunch of other stuff that you can easily walk to rather than getting a rideshare. Rooms are nice, most of them have been recently upgraded, and it nice and clean. If you're there in the summer, the pool area is nice too.

The Boulevard is located on the far end of the strip (Circus Circus and Westgate end of the stip) so anytime you want to go somewhere you'll need to take a rideshare. Never had a bad experience here; the pool area is very nice (though I like Elara's better) and rooms are newer here too. Blvd would be my second choice if you can't get a room at Elara
Old Jun 26, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Amex Plat, National Elite
I signed up for something similar

4 days 3 nights - Carlsbad resort - $249 plus 25k points. The best part, Wife had just booked tickets on some Southwest deal for San- Diego, LOL.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:25 am

Had a 3 night stay as part of the promo deal in May of this year. Stayed at the Trump Int'l.

Great property in terms of cleanliness and quality. Rooms were great for a 1 King studio suite (huge bathroom and then a built in kitchenette and sitting area at the other end of the room). Food options were higher end and carried a little premium, but as to be expected in Vegas. I think breakfast for 2 in the restaurant in the lobby was $60ish before tip.

The only drawback was the off strip location. 5 minute walk to get to the strip (Wynn is closest big property). We took a cab/Uber most of the trips - traveled to the MGM end of the strip and then sort of worked our way back through the day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.