Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Mexico City Reforma {MEX}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2010, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Mexico City Reforma {MEX}

I have pre-booked a room at the Mexico Hilton, formerly the Sheraton, as my plans couldn't possibly change !

Of course, they have, and I'm now not going, but ravelling back direct from Bogota instead, SO if anyone wants a junior suite, from the 11th to the 15th of Feb, let me know. I can't cancel it, I can't get a refund, and if I don't stay, I assume I won't get the points !
Old Feb 5, 2010, 4:07 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
You assume correctly - no actual stay, even though it was fully prepaid, no points.

But you can also try contacting the management and asking if you can change the dates if you have travel scheduled to MEX.

no
Originally Posted by tezzer
I have pre-booked a room at the Mexico Hilton, formerly the Sheraton, as my plans couldn't possibly change !

Of course, they have, and I'm now not going, but ravelling back direct from Bogota instead, SO if anyone wants a junior suite, from the 11th to the 15th of Feb, let me know. I can't cancel it, I can't get a refund, and if I don't stay, I assume I won't get the points !
Old Feb 6, 2010, 4:49 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Thanks for the offer Tezzer.
If it had been for a few days later it would have suit me perfectly!
As JDiver says, I hope you can modify the dates and still use it.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Sure enough !

Thank you for your message to Hilton Reservations and Customer Care. It is my pleasure to address your reservation inquiry.

As the reservation confirmed is booked at the Advance Purchase rate we are unable to process a cancellation or refund. Please contact the hotel directly for immediate assistance by dialing: 52 55 5130 5300.

Note: a stay that is not completed (a no show or canceled late) is not eligible for Hilton HHonors program benefits.

We appreciate this opportunity to assist you and thank you for your continued loyalty!
Old Feb 7, 2010, 11:02 am

Programs: AA EXP - Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium and lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by tezzer

I am there from the 9th to the 12th ... i would ring the hotel directly and tell them your predicament - most of the time they can do something? especially as another poster mentioned, if you are going to be back down there int he near term...

I have been to this hotel a few times since it transferred from Sheraton and it is pretty nice - really nice rooms, nice views, great gym, decent restaurants, great location and the service has been phenomenal...
Old Mar 25, 2010, 1:07 pm

Arrow Hilton Mexico City Reforma {MEX}

I have not seen a decent review of this hotel and will provide mine fwiw:

I travel to Mexico City quite often and used to stay in the Embassy Suites which is a great hotel.

Decided to try this hotel which Hilton recently took over (Oct / Nov 09) from Sheraton.

The location is excellent - 25 mins from airport and right in the historical district of old Mexico City.

Rooms are new and views are amazing. As a diamond, they always upgrade me and they always provide an amenity of some sort (vino, water, cheese and fruit plate etc) when I arrive. New beds, flatscreens, desk, couch, wall to wall window and adequate shower...pressure is less than desirable though.

You have options for restaurants - needed as there is no lounge. They have a great breakfast buffet and pretty good dinner in the Los Dones - their b-fast buffet is really nice with fresh OJ and grapefruit juice, very large fruit, meats, cheeses, cereals etc and they make a pretty goo latte. you also have made to order omelets, waffels etc...

they have a wine bar that has decent wine list and really good and affordable pasta. It is small but a good place if you are alone as you can grab a table, a decent meal and tend to your business - wifi in there as well.

also a lounge with big screens for a beer or cocktail after a long day...as diamind they provide you with a free drink here in lieu of no exec. lounge.

They also have a restaurant ont he 6th floor with a nice terrace with in and outdoor seating - really good for a business lunch. staff is focused and you will enjoy the view and atmosphere...

...and another restaurant attached, called the Cardinal which is a bit of a landmark for the locals - great food and reasonable prices here - the place is always packed during meal time...

amazing eh, 5 restaurants and a starbucks next door and small mall with other fast food options for those inclined.

the gym is fantastic and is a paid gym that an hhonours member can use for free...spa and masseuse, 8 less than average treadmills but some great spin-cycles and full machines and free weights. note - you are 2400 metres above sea level and 12 minutes on a tradmill is like 36 'regular' minutes.

...they also have a rooftop (6th floor) paddle ball court enclosed by plexi glass and is a good workout - they provide racket and balls for nominal fee.

The staff, as most Mexico properties is exceptional and you are greeted at every turn by smiles and they really go out of your way.

Good restaurants to walk to and many historical sites, museums, shopping very nearby...

I would recomend this property in a second and I imagine that others feel the same way...interested in hearing other opinions if they have stayed or are planning on it.

Cheers! BB
Old Mar 25, 2010, 6:20 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
El Cardenal is a small, family-owned chain, going back to 1969, known for its good Mexican food and very well attended Sunday brunches. A nice addition to the Hilton (nee Sheraton).
Old Mar 25, 2010, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by billbarilko
I have not seen a decent review of this hotel and will provide mine fwiw:

I travel to Mexico City quite often and used to stay in the Embassy Suites which is a great hotel.

Decided to try this hotel which Hilton recently took over (Oct / Nov 09) from Sheraton.

The location is excellent - 25 mins from airport and right in the historical district of old Mexico City.

Rooms are new and views are amazing. As a diamond, they always upgrade me and they always provide an amenity of some sort (vino, water, cheese and fruit plate etc) when I arrive. New beds, flatscreens, desk, couch, wall to wall window and adequate shower...pressure is less than desirable though.

You have options for restaurants - needed as there is no lounge. They have a great breakfast buffet and pretty good dinner in the Los Dones - their b-fast buffet is really nice with fresh OJ and grapefruit juice, very large fruit, meats, cheeses, cereals etc and they make a pretty goo latte. you also have made to order omelets, waffels etc...

they have a wine bar that has decent wine list and really good and affordable pasta. It is small but a good place if you are alone as you can grab a table, a decent meal and tend to your business - wifi in there as well.

also a lounge with big screens for a beer or cocktail after a long day...as diamind they provide you with a free drink here in lieu of no exec. lounge.

They also have a restaurant ont he 6th floor with a nice terrace with in and outdoor seating - really good for a business lunch. staff is focused and you will enjoy the view and atmosphere...

...and another restaurant attached, called the Cardinal which is a bit of a landmark for the locals - great food and reasonable prices here - the place is always packed during meal time...

amazing eh, 5 restaurants and a starbucks next door and small mall with other fast food options for those inclined.

the gym is fantastic and is a paid gym that an hhonours member can use for free...spa and masseuse, 8 less than average treadmills but some great spin-cycles and full machines and free weights. note - you are 2400 metres above sea level and 12 minutes on a tradmill is like 36 'regular' minutes.

...they also have a rooftop (6th floor) paddle ball court enclosed by plexi glass and is a good workout - they provide racket and balls for nominal fee.

The staff, as most Mexico properties is exceptional and you are greeted at every turn by smiles and they really go out of your way.

Good restaurants to walk to and many historical sites, museums, shopping very nearby...

I would recomend this property in a second and I imagine that others feel the same way...interested in hearing other opinions if they have stayed or are planning on it.

Cheers! BB
Thanks very much for your good review.

I was planning to stay at this property in my next visit to Mexico, but now I am a bit dissapointed for the lack of EL.
In the lounge where they offer a beer/cocktail, is there free wifi or at least wifi? I do not mind so much paying it, but I like to seat for a couple of hours to reply mails and write reviews, which is fine to do at a quiet EL but not so much in a busy lounge.
Do you know how much they charge for wi-fi? When it was a Sheraton property it was arround 10 USD.
One of the things I did not like when it was a Starwood hotel was that the restaurant where they serve b/fast was often very busy, and you had to wait long for seating, so I was going to the Starbuck next door. Hope this has improved now.

Last edited by more4less; Mar 27, 2010 at 10:31 am
Old Mar 27, 2010, 9:11 am

WiFI was free for my stay as Diamond at this property - a nice touch. I agree on no EL is a bummer:

the lounge i mentioned is a bit dark but they do have other nice areas to sit and do soem work like the 'wine-bar' or the 6th floor terrace has some nice outdoor seating and you can grab a drink there - although, on your own dime.

Cheers!
Old Mar 27, 2010, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by billbarilko
WiFI was free for my stay as Diamond at this property - a nice touch. I agree on no EL is a bummer:

the lounge i mentioned is a bit dark but they do have other nice areas to sit and do soem work like the 'wine-bar' or the 6th floor terrace has some nice outdoor seating and you can grab a drink there - although, on your own dime.

Cheers!
Thanks for the info billbarilko.

I understand this was on top of the room upgrade/free b/fast, so a good perk for Diamonds at this property.
I hope they keep it in the future.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 4:06 am

Hello all,

I have just entered in the Hilton web to book an extra night at this property and they are giving availability Executive Rooms with EL access,...
Can anyone confirm if now they have opened an EL?

Thanks vm,
Old Apr 29, 2010, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA BIS Million Miler, AA Gold, Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hertz Prez, Avis First
Great rooms and service...just don't eat at the restaurant

I've stayed at this hotel about 6-times over the past year. The hotel itself is located centrally and has quick access to several local restaurants (take a Taxi). The rooms are very large and high quality. As previously mentioned the views are superb. As a diamond member I always got the little welcome gift of wine and fruit in my room. A nice touch indeed.

I only have two complaints:

1) It is better to stay on lower floors to gain access to reliable wireless internet. The high floor internet is spotty at best. I went three nights in a row with no ability to continually remain connected for more than a few minutes.

2) The Evita restaurant in the lobby undercooks all meat 100% of the time. Maybe that is a local sytle but I asked for well done and recieved a steak what I would qualify as rare. I once ordered lamb steaks and sent it back to the kitchen 4 times to get it to a state of well done. Each time it came back rare and bloody.

Otherwise one of my most favorite Hilton properties.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 1:11 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Any reports of when the executive lounge will be opening?
Old Jul 9, 2010, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
Any reports of when the executive lounge will be opening?
Hello Argonaut1000,

are we sure they are opening an EL? I was there in May and they did not mention anything about it.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 7:43 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by saviox
Hello Argonaut1000,

are we sure they are opening an EL? I was there in May and they did not mention anything about it.
I am assuming so as per the following manager comment from a Trip Advisor report:

"Next time you are in Mexico City we invite you to enjoy our newly renovated indoor/outdooor pool area and our soon to be open executive lounge."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.