FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Mexico City Reforma {MEX}
View Single Post
Old Mar 25, 2010, 1:07 pm
billbarilko

Programs: AA EXP - Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium and lifetime PLT
Arrow Hilton Mexico City Reforma {MEX}

I have not seen a decent review of this hotel and will provide mine fwiw:

I travel to Mexico City quite often and used to stay in the Embassy Suites which is a great hotel.

Decided to try this hotel which Hilton recently took over (Oct / Nov 09) from Sheraton.

The location is excellent - 25 mins from airport and right in the historical district of old Mexico City.

Rooms are new and views are amazing. As a diamond, they always upgrade me and they always provide an amenity of some sort (vino, water, cheese and fruit plate etc) when I arrive. New beds, flatscreens, desk, couch, wall to wall window and adequate shower...pressure is less than desirable though.

You have options for restaurants - needed as there is no lounge. They have a great breakfast buffet and pretty good dinner in the Los Dones - their b-fast buffet is really nice with fresh OJ and grapefruit juice, very large fruit, meats, cheeses, cereals etc and they make a pretty goo latte. you also have made to order omelets, waffels etc...

they have a wine bar that has decent wine list and really good and affordable pasta. It is small but a good place if you are alone as you can grab a table, a decent meal and tend to your business - wifi in there as well.

also a lounge with big screens for a beer or cocktail after a long day...as diamind they provide you with a free drink here in lieu of no exec. lounge.

They also have a restaurant ont he 6th floor with a nice terrace with in and outdoor seating - really good for a business lunch. staff is focused and you will enjoy the view and atmosphere...

...and another restaurant attached, called the Cardinal which is a bit of a landmark for the locals - great food and reasonable prices here - the place is always packed during meal time...

amazing eh, 5 restaurants and a starbucks next door and small mall with other fast food options for those inclined.

the gym is fantastic and is a paid gym that an hhonours member can use for free...spa and masseuse, 8 less than average treadmills but some great spin-cycles and full machines and free weights. note - you are 2400 metres above sea level and 12 minutes on a tradmill is like 36 'regular' minutes.

...they also have a rooftop (6th floor) paddle ball court enclosed by plexi glass and is a good workout - they provide racket and balls for nominal fee.

The staff, as most Mexico properties is exceptional and you are greeted at every turn by smiles and they really go out of your way.

Good restaurants to walk to and many historical sites, museums, shopping very nearby...

I would recomend this property in a second and I imagine that others feel the same way...interested in hearing other opinions if they have stayed or are planning on it.

Cheers! BB