FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Mexico City Reforma {MEX}
View Single Post
Old Apr 29, 2010, 12:31 pm
pmoran28

Programs: UA BIS Million Miler, AA Gold, Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hertz Prez, Avis First
Great rooms and service...just don't eat at the restaurant

I've stayed at this hotel about 6-times over the past year. The hotel itself is located centrally and has quick access to several local restaurants (take a Taxi). The rooms are very large and high quality. As previously mentioned the views are superb. As a diamond member I always got the little welcome gift of wine and fruit in my room. A nice touch indeed.

I only have two complaints:

1) It is better to stay on lower floors to gain access to reliable wireless internet. The high floor internet is spotty at best. I went three nights in a row with no ability to continually remain connected for more than a few minutes.

2) The Evita restaurant in the lobby undercooks all meat 100% of the time. Maybe that is a local sytle but I asked for well done and recieved a steak what I would qualify as rare. I once ordered lamb steaks and sent it back to the kitchen 4 times to get it to a state of well done. Each time it came back rare and bloody.

Otherwise one of my most favorite Hilton properties.