Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

A Night on Us: Hilton Honors Promotion First Quarter 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Night on Us: Hilton Honors Promotion First Quarter 2010

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2009, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA nothing (former multi-year CO Platinum), AA 1M Gold, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by Hhonor Gguard
OK, here's the inside scoop straight from an internal communication:

The Q1 Promo runs from 1 Jan to 31 Mar. EVERY 4 stays or EVERY 10 nights will earn you the free night certificate to any Hilton property.

All properties worldwide are automatically opted in as participants both for earning and redeeming. We must submit a waiver and argue a case for opt-out.

I do not see any fine print regarding an earning cap or restricted properties.
Will reward stays count?
Old Dec 16, 2009, 5:02 pm

The memo didn't really answer all of those burning questions, unfortunately. It was just a very straightforward "do this, earn that" statement without any fine print or T&Cs. As I learn more, so will you!
Old Dec 16, 2009, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors
I believe we looked at the same memo. It actually starts on January 5th. No new info has been given.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 5:14 pm

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Originally Posted by Flyer737
Will reward stays count?
Yes, I think so. Award stays usually count towards Hilton promos, including Q4 25,000 points after 4th stay promo.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 5:17 pm

The one posted on Focus?

"Have a Night On Us: Q1 HHonors Systemwide Promotion

Promotion: HHonors members will earn one free night certificate for every four stays or 10 nights (whichever comes first) to redeem at any Hilton Worldwide hotel.

Target: All HHonors members.

Opt-in: All hotels worldwide are automatically opted in to participate. If you feel you have a compelling reason to opt-out of this promotion, please contact XXX to discuss.

Dates: January 5 through March 31, 2010."

You're correct, it starts on the 5th. Apologies!
Old Dec 16, 2009, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
The memo didn't really answer all of those burning questions, unfortunately. It was just a very straightforward "do this, earn that" statement without any fine print or T&Cs. As I learn more, so will you!
Originally Posted by hamptoninnsider
I believe we looked at the same memo. It actually starts on January 5th. No new info has been given.
thanks guys for all the inside info....would any of you have an idea when the full details would be announced????
Old Dec 16, 2009, 11:43 pm
Suspended

What makes finally more sense to us?

The 25k for 4 stays or the 1 free night?
Old Dec 17, 2009, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by nissan motor

i would definitely pick the one free night....
Old Dec 17, 2009, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by saad
thanks guys for all the inside info....would any of you have an idea when the full details would be announced????
Before Jan 5th.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 8:05 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nissan motor

It depends, some folks like the flexibility of banking points for use any time instead of what I'm sure will be fixed redemption dates for the free night awards. In the current Hyatt promo I'm taking 3,000 points/stay over a free night every other stay, which is roughly in the ballpark of 25,000 HHonors points vs. 1 free night at any hotel in terms of value.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 8:33 am

If I can use these certs at "any" property, their value is much greater than
25K points to me. This is not on the level of the old 60K points promos from a few years ago (before the point values were deflated), but it's a good one.
I do appreciate that HH is adding quarterly bonuses. For a period of time they offered little or no bonuses, unless targeted to non-Diamonds.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 9:18 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Promotion: HHonors members will earn one free night certificate for every four stays or 10 nights (whichever comes first) to redeem at any Hilton Worldwide hotel.
I wonder, does "any Hilton Worldwide hotel" include Waldorf properties? We're planning one night at the Triannon at Versailles as a part of our trip to Paris. That would be great for me!
Old Dec 17, 2009, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by dwcatty
I wonder, does "any Hilton Worldwide hotel" include Waldorf properties? We're planning one night at the Triannon at Versailles as a part of our trip to Paris. That would be great for me!
I think they will be "making their claim" as to why they should be opted out.
This is probably the best that we can hope for in terms of promos from Hilton. Definitely not Hyatt FFNs, but better than the past few years regarding Hilton HHonors. I think I have an incentive now to at least renew to Gold VIP for next year. Not exactly sure about trying to retain Diamond though. I hope the redemption period for the free nights goes well past March 31st.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 10:02 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jabez
...This is not on the level of the old 60K points promos from a few years ago....
Or a few years before that, the Hot Summer Nights (iirc the name) promo that gave you one point for every UA mile flown during a certain rather lengthy period.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 10:04 am

for me this is a good one

i will have 13 stays and between 53-60 nights for the 1st quarter

if i understand this correctly i stand to get 5 or 6 free nights depending on how long i stay

this is like

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.