Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

A Night on Us: Hilton Honors Promotion First Quarter 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Night on Us: Hilton Honors Promotion First Quarter 2010

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2009, 11:55 am

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by hamptoninnsider
Nothing new yet, Hilton doesn't like to keep it's hotels in the loop. We learned about the no blackout policy the same day you guys did.
It's the middle of December and no official word of this promo yet. Hope it comes soon and is as delightful as it sounds (can we hope it'll be a free night in any category hotel w/o the SPG weekend restriction?! HHonors should want to top SPG!). I have a bunch of Jan stays I have to book soon. Given how previous promos were, I most likely will need to registrar prior to booking. Fingers crossed it'll be one of the ones where I only have to registrar before CHECKING IN!
Old Dec 15, 2009, 12:02 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by cfischer
4 stays and get a free night anywhere? Too good to be true.
Both Starwood and Hyatt have run "stay 2, get 1 free" promos in 2009, with Hyatt's usable at nearly any property (I think four in the entire chain are excluded). SPG's was usable at all but Cat7 properties. So I'm not sure this is particularly exceptional.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dtremit
Both Starwood and Hyatt have run "stay 2, get 1 free" promos in 2009, with Hyatt's usable at nearly any property (I think four in the entire chain are excluded). SPG's was usable at all but Cat7 properties. So I'm not sure this is particularly exceptional.
Comparing it to offers by other chains, no, but considering the dearth of Hilton promos in the past few years, it is a cause for rejoicing .
Old Dec 15, 2009, 8:10 pm

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
Hilton should really get on the ball and release details about the Q1 promo. SPG released their's and I'm making 50+ reservations for multiple nights each before the end of the week. SPG's promo rewards longer stays. Longer stays booked for more points at SPG = less nights in Q1 to spend at HH.

Get on it!

Also, what about a promo called "Nites and Bites" where after each 2-3 night stay, you get a free spiral-cut ham? That would sway me back to HH! @:-)
Old Dec 15, 2009, 8:18 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by saviox
It was indeed very nice but you had to spend the free nights over the weekend. Unfortunately I only secured one night and I could not use it in the property I wanted
I and a lot of other people were using it at the new ST Regis in Atlanta. Overall it was nice since higher end properties were included. I am hopping Hilton includes all versus limiting to lower tier hotels.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 8:59 pm

I have 6 stays (13 nights) in January across four countries that I need to book soon. I have more stays planned for February and March, but those are not so urgent.

Until I have more information from Hilton, specifically about the Q1 promotion and their hotel category reorganization, I'll hold back on choosing them.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
finally a good promo from hilton....lets hope we get the details soon....
Old Dec 16, 2009, 4:33 am
Suspended

Finally a good promo? Do you know more than me? I am not aware of any promo. Just the rumors here.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by nissan motor
Finally a good promo? Do you know more than me? I am not aware of any promo. Just the rumors here.
ok, let me rephrase....finally rumors of a good promo....lets hope hilton does not disappoint again....
Old Dec 16, 2009, 5:16 am

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Originally Posted by saad
finally a good promo from hilton....lets hope we get the details soon....
I would not say it's a good promo considering the climate of the hotel industry. Hilton needs a stronger promo for the new year. Otherwise, many of us, frequest quests will be gone, esp. after Jan15.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kats
I would not say it's a good promo considering the climate of the hotel industry. Hilton needs a stronger promo for the new year. Otherwise, many of us, frequest quests will be gone, esp. after Jan15.
since hilton has been pretty quite all year regarding promos, i would say this one is not bad at all....

even i was going to wash my hands off hilton from the 15th of jan, but ever since i heard that the majority of hilton's properties will either stay at the same level or fall by one category, i have decided to stay on & see where this goes....
Old Dec 16, 2009, 7:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Now that SPG has released Q1 promo, Hilton should start getting theirs out soon...
Old Dec 16, 2009, 8:04 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dtremit
I love Hyatt and their historically good promos to death. SPG's promo was pretty good (not as good as Hyatt's with no restrictions on day of week for redemption, little restriction on hotels to redeem at, and the option to take a decent number of points instead). But I think it's important to point out that SPG and Hyatt, regardless of limited-time promotions any of the chains may run, always have two strikes against them for many travelers - very limited number of locations compared to Hilton.

Sure, just comparing the requirement of four stays for a free night compared to two seems like it's a worse promo, but for me I can get a Hilton stay in nearly every city I travel to. I can not say the same for SPG or Hyatt.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 3:58 pm

OK, here's the inside scoop straight from an internal communication:

The Q1 Promo runs from 1 Jan to 31 Mar. EVERY 4 stays or EVERY 10 nights will earn you the free night certificate to any Hilton property.

All properties worldwide are automatically opted in as participants both for earning and redeeming. We must submit a waiver and argue a case for opt-out.

I do not see any fine print regarding an earning cap or restricted properties.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 4:01 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Hhonor Gguard
OK, here's the inside scoop straight from an internal communication:

The Q1 Promo runs from 1 Jan to 31 Mar. EVERY 4 stays or EVERY 10 nights will earn you the free night certificate to any Hilton property.

All properties worldwide are automatically opted in as participants both for earning and redeeming. We must submit a waiver and argue a case for opt-out.

I do not see any fine print regarding an earning cap or restricted properties.
Thanks for the info. Any word on the redemption period for these free nights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.