Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on one of the desired years shown below:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Hawaiian Village® Beach Resort & Spa hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2004, 2:13 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Originally Posted by MileGuy
Will be on an award, 2 adults and 3 children. When trying to book that way either on line or over the phone, capacity is 4 per room
And is there something about this that you don't understand? The rooms hold four and you have 5.
Will be bring the mother-in-law, with the 2 adults and 2 kids (11 and 7).
Now I am all confused. R there 3 adults and two kids...or 2 adults and 3 kids????????????????????????????????????????

Do they make exceptions?
According to Hilton Res, no. So did you think about calling to hotel direct to ask? Under most plans, I think a domestic call is 5 cents a minutes. So I spent the nickle for ya and called myself. No dice. The rooms hold four...
and it's the fire code, doncha know.
Or do you have to play the game of sneaking them in??
And I guess you want access to the EF too... so that you can cart off enuf food 4free 4 all...??? Geeez.

Get granny her own room. Or if price is an issue put her up down the street in the cheaper rooms at the DT. It's a short walk. Or get a two room at the Hiton Grand Vacations. Those suites have 2 bedrooms & hold 6, I do believe.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 3:11 pm

There are subtle resolutions to this problem. Just be mindful and humble about the process.

Many folks will act arrogantly in these circumstances which tends to prompt responses like the one above. Biting responses can convey accurate information, but an inaccurate image of most here at FT.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 5:37 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
I'm a bit confused...

Originally Posted by MileGuy
Will be on an award, 2 adults and 3 children. When trying to book that way either on line or over the phone, capacity is 4 per room

Will be bring the mother-in-law, with the 2 adults and 2 kids (11 and 7).

Do they make exceptions? Or do you have to play the game of sneaking them in??

Thanks.
is it 3 adults and 2 kids? Cause I don't see the math adding up any other way ?

It is a fire code issue and you may be stuck w/ another room for MIL. Of course depending on capacity and what room you get etc they may be willing to get you a cot - is that what you were thinking? Cause I also don't see how it works w/ out one unless kid(s) sleep on the floor.

Please clarify and some of us may be able to steer you in the right direction.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 6:59 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Originally Posted by CountinPlaces
There are subtle resolutions to this problem.
Hmmm... considering the fire code, I don't see them. But alrighty then.

Here's the issue: according to the HHV more than four in a room is a fire hazard. Cots and/or roll aways are not an option here when it places more than 4 in a room, squeakr, again, according to HHV. So how do we handle 5? Attached to the HHV is the HGV. They have 2 room suites that can accomodate 6. As I understand it, points can be used there, too, but with very limited availability. So limited in fact, that it may not be an option. And oi vey, the number of points that they want - ouch!

Just down the street from the HHV is the DT. It's almost a boutique style hotel. Those rooms typically go for around $139, but on rare occassion I have seen them for $79. Perhaps you could even use a few points there as well. With a family of this size, you could 'float' between the two properties and not be so cramped. Also nearby the DT are a couple of Outrigger properties - the Towers and the Surf. Those can sometimes be had for $69-79ish - with the ENT coupons.

The point is, who really wants to be crammed 5 into a room in paradise? And w the MIL too...??? Come on! Spread the 5 out, relax, and enjoy the island! In the end, I'm sure you'll be glad that you did.

FWIW, the issue is safety first, last, and always ...

Do I sound like a former flight attendant? I can still get a little hot under the collar when folks attempt to skirt a safety issue.

Last edited by tvl4free; Dec 5, 2004 at 7:37 pm
Old Dec 16, 2004, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Which Tower at Hilton Hawaiian Village ( HH Diamond)

Hi,

I am planning on staying at the HHW for 3 nights Jan 3rd -6th 2005.

I was thinking booking the Alli tower ( garden view) as the rates look good. but the Kalia tower ( mtn view Exec) is slightly cheaper

As a HH Diamond would I get access to the Kalia tower Exec lounge for breakfast/refershments during the day or have to go to the Alli tower breakfast ( I note on the website that there is a nominal charge).

I did a search an did not find anything obvious on the Alli vs Kalia Towers.

Thanks for any advice.

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 16, 2004, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
I'm also interested in the answers. I'm an HH Gold, and I'm wondering if I'll get upgraded (so far, I've booked the cheapest rate). Should I call or email in advance and ask? I'll be there from 13 Jan to 16 Jan.

I've stayed at the HHV twice before without status, and believe it or not, I really liked the Rainbow Tower -- it feels a bit more like "classic" Waikiki. Still, I gather the other towers are preferred by many HH members.
Old Dec 16, 2004, 4:36 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Ive stayed in the Diamond head tower in a junior suite, and the rainbow tower in an xx05 room. The Diamond head tower room was bigger, but the view from the Rainbow 05 room could not be beat.

My brother had a room in the Ali tower last year, and when I went in and looked around, the view was AWFUL. Might as well have been in Baltimore. I litteraly had to walk out on the balcony, and lean over the railing looking to the left to see the ocean.

He was there as a gold, I was a gold when in Diamond head tower. Diamond when in the Rainbow tower.
Old Dec 16, 2004, 5:59 pm

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
Depend on what is important for you.

Rainbow tower is ocean front and you could get a good view in the right rooms which should be a good part of the tower.

Lagoon tower is HGVC (timeshare) but you can get a 2 bdroom ocean front or ocean view for about 60K/night which might be a good alternative to families or 2 couples rather than 2 rooms at 40K each.

I was in Tapa Tower 2429 which was a junior suite with 2 double beds, sofa area and dinning area for 4 with good ocean view. A bit wasted for 1 person but the Ocean view and marina view was nice. It was an upgrade on award which is pretty good considering they were fairly busy with HNL marathon.

Kalia Tower is where the spa is and a little further back but some should get partial ocean views but this is where the exec lounge is but not sure how good the lounge is.

Sorry, have not been in the Alli Tower.

Hope this helps,
Mary
Old Dec 16, 2004, 7:11 pm

Rainbow Tower Room 2501

We stayed in the Rainbow Tower in a corner room, # 2501. THE BEST!! The view was of the ocean and Diamondhead. On Friday night we watched the fireworks from our balcony, premier seats for the show!! We felt as if we could reach out and touch the colors. Any of the corner rooms are good, especially the 01 rooms. Our first night was in Alii Tower. Forget it! It felt remote . You won't be sorry with the Rainbow Tower.
Old Dec 16, 2004, 8:13 pm
Suspended

I have stayed in all towers at HHV and preferred the Ali tower, even over a suite in the Rainbow tower. The Ali is their concierge tower and it has special services that the others do not provide. However, I also own HGVC and now only stay in the Lagoon tower which is the best by far in my opinion. ^
Old Dec 17, 2004, 10:29 am

Alii as a Gold

We were upgraded to the Ali'i tower a few years ago. We've also stayed in Rainbow on a high floor 1 room away from the ocean front rooms with a harbor view.

All else equal, we'd stay in the Ali'i tower if you can get one of the ocean front rooms on the higher floors with the double balconies. The rooms and services were substantially nicer than the Rainbow. It was great!

Now if it is a question of one of the really great double balcony rooms in Rainbow versus a garden room in Ali'i then I'd go with the Rainbow.

I would think as a diamond that you would do very well in Ali'i unless you go when there is some big event and people have booked the upgraded rooms!
Old Dec 17, 2004, 4:01 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Seems to be about as many opinions as there are towers.

I'm going there in February, so I won't be able to add my two cents until then.
Old Dec 18, 2004, 10:14 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles, A Advantage, HHonors, Marriott Rewards
Wink

You want an incredible view?

Rainbow Tower--corner rooms with two lanai--any room ending in '01'-- the higher the better for the fireworks show! We were in 1501-GREAT.

You want to be on the beach?

Rainbow Tower

You want to be near the pool?

Rainbow Tower

You want to be in close proximity to fabulous hot breakfast buffet?

Rainbow Tower

Need I say more?
Old Dec 19, 2004, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Thanks for the advice

I will stick with the Alli tower as I had booked the Garden view ( $240 pn) but today the online reservation shows Ocean view ( price would be $349)

Regards

TBS
Old Jan 16, 2005, 7:26 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, HH Diamond, , AA Gold, Bonvoy Titaniu
Question Family Breakfast options for GOLD at HWV??

The Tours family is spending 6 nights at the Hilton Waikoloa Village 1/27-2/2 on an ALON stay. We are a lowly GOLD with Hilton and are wondering how to feed our family of 5 without taking out a second mortgage on the house......

Searching FlyterTalk, I am NOT finding good reviews of the "Gold Lounge" in the Palace Tower... The general reports have been a limited selection of very low quality, nutritional void sweets. Has anyone visited this lounge recently? Have things improved beyond stale donuts and bagels? Is the afternoon service anything worth showing up for?

I spoke to the front desk a few minutes ago to put in a request for a lagoon view room in the Lagoon Tower and also a request for Breakfast Certificates. The clerk agreed to put these requests in the record, but told me that the Breakfast Certificates were had to be PURCHASED. Many FlyterTalk posters report getting the certificates-- Has the policy recently changed or should I simply be persistent?

Recent reviews would be very much appreciated.... Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.