Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Hertz Website Issues" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2021, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
You’d think someone would let me know in 8 years about a 20 usd bill over probably 150 or so rentals…
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 4:33 pm

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Website

My God. Is the Hertz website down more often than it is functional? I'm done. Sorry for the rant. But I feel better now.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by flyaxa
My God. Is the Hertz website down more often than it is functional? I'm done. Sorry for the rant. But I feel better now.
Yes it is! Even it's a cheap contract company doing all that work it's still gonna have to be some real genius that really knows how to mess up things
rylan and Auto Enthusiast like this.

Last edited by corolla; Jun 1, 2022 at 6:18 pm
Old Jun 2, 2022, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yup, outsourced website design and services at its finest... pretty obvious they went with lowest bidder and don't care about the rest.
screeton and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 11:35 am

Keep in mind this is the same company that doesn't even know it has its cars back and that gives you your rewards points back after redeeming them (as has happened to me).
Old Jun 2, 2022, 1:20 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I went ahead and merged the thread with a consolidated Hertz website issues thread.

Thanks
Jason8612 Hertz Mod
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Damn this company's website is so embarrassingly broken I wonder how much business they are losing because people can't actually rent a car.

I can't even log in to the garbage website now... put in my password and just get a spinning circle. Tried other browsers and can't even get that far - top of the main page doesn't even display a login option. Pathetic

Oh well, back to renting again from Avis instead. I only have 1 rental with Hertz this year because of how horrible their system is and insane prices.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by rylan
I can't even log in to the garbage website now... put in my password and just get a spinning circle. Tried other browsers and can't even get that far - top of the main page doesn't even display a login option. Pathetic

Oh well, back to renting again from Avis instead. I only have 1 rental with Hertz this year because of how horrible their system is and insane prices.
I can't log in when using Firefox - I get the same issues. I can log in using Chrome this week, but not last week.
EqualOpp and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 3:18 am

Programs: Flying Blue
OMG I've had issues with the Hertz website continuously for the last few years. So glad to see this thread and that it's not just me!
How can a company function with it's primary website working so poorly? It's barely usable.. so many login issues, payment issues, straight up crashing, etc.

Also, for the record, their mobile app sucks too! I live in Europe and rent in both Europe and the US, but the app is incapable of understanding that I might be in a different place.
The latest laugh was when I had a dead battery in Spain, and the app connected me with a roadside service in the US!
Get it together Hertz!
Old Jul 10, 2022, 5:11 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Rented a car this morning using the app (since using the website on both Firefox and Chrome were logging me out, and not letting me log back in, and also not giving me any rates that allow me to pay immediately.)]
Checked my reservation carefully on the app. Made the purchase. Then afterwards saw that the dates had been changed by a day, despite having checked it before clicking purchase. Ugh.

Now I need to modify my servation. Website won't let me modify it ("DZX006-138-ERR-16941-59 - We are unable to process your request. Please try your submission again or Contact Us for assistance. [DZX006]")

clicked that Contact us link, and there's no phone number.
No idea how to call them. I guess I can call my local office here in Amsterdam, but I'm renting out of Seattle, so I have a feeling they're going to be useless.

Hertz, why do you suck so bad?
EqualOpp likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cannot even see hertz.com - Access Denied.

Access denied
Error 15
www.hertz.com
2022-07-15 03:37:27 UTC
EqualOpp likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can't log in with Firefox again - enter password and just get endless spinning wheel.

Oh well, Avis gets another rental instead of Hertz.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 1:59 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I wasn't able to log into the website for most of this past week, using both Chrome and Edge. I was able to get in this (Saturday) morning.
EqualOpp likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: whatever it takes
trying to login right now, no dice. I actually haven't had problems logging in before, that I can recall...not that I rent from Hertz that often...but my last rental was Hertz.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 4:39 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Not strictly their website issue, but trying to add a rental to my itinerary on the Delta website always result in an error. Too bad since before failing it offers me a cost slightly lower than renting directly on Hertz. Is this a known bug ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.