Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Missing Base Points and Missing Bonus Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold, Hertz President's Club, National Exec Elite

Something is happening with my Hertz rentals. Every time I complete a rental (I'm five star) no points show up. I have to submit a missing points request. When I do, I only get base points and not the 10% bonus I'm entitled to as a result of being 5 Star. I am booking trough Concur. My Hertz Gold membership is always included in the reservation.

Any idea what's going on? Any ideas on how to prevent this hassle?

Thanks.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 4:11 pm

Hi, I have also tried twice to get my points. No answer, no points, no future Hertz rental !
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 4:39 pm

There was another thread on this a while back. IIRC, Hertz is giving some corporations the option of making their CDP non points eligible. Since you said you're booking through Concur, you might check to see if this is the case.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold, Hertz President's Club, National Exec Elite
Thanks. It’d be just like my company to do this. Going to start booking directly via the website.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 4:59 pm

If that pertains to you, for work rentals, you probably don't have a choice but to use Hertz. For leisure rentals, however, if I were in your shoes, I wouldn't reward Hertz with my personal money. I would only rent from them when their prices are significantly cheaper.

There's another similar thread in the Avis section, if I recall, about how Avis points have very little value to the end consumer, but many big corporations insist on using Avis for very good rebates. So, when those people have a choice, for personal travel they almost always use National. But then also if I remember correctly, there was a National thread where people were surprised to not get rental credits. An exit booth agent said a message came up attached to their company contract ID saying "Emerald Club not supported."
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Called Hertz today and discussed the issue with them. It turns out that because the rental location was an independent licensee sometimes the points don't come over, they "error out". I don't really get why this would happen but a phone called fixed it.
jason8612 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.