Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at PIT; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at PIT; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2022, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Hertz PIT was in sorry shape again today. The nicest car was a Toyota Avalon. There were a couple Toyota Sienna Hybrids, an old model Escape, a base trim Edge, and other anonymous cars.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 5:33 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by m907
Hertz PIT was in sorry shape again today. The nicest car was a Toyota Avalon. There were a couple Toyota Sienna Hybrids, an old model Escape, a base trim Edge, and other anonymous cars.
I'm not surprised, this is one of the weakest Ultimate Choice locations. While DCA and ATL are objectively worse, PIT has a tiny parking lot and seems to make little effort to stock it with anything special.
m907 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CMK10
I'm not surprised, this is one of the weakest Ultimate Choice locations. While DCA and ATL are objectively worse, PIT has a tiny parking lot and seems to make little effort to stock it with anything special.
I have to agree. It actually used to be one of the better locations when UC first started but I guess it's under new management.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 1:42 am
Original Poster

I was shocked to see some nice choices in PC at PIT on Friday night for the first time since 2020.

2x Volvo XC60
Cadillac XT4
Mustang
Camaro
Challenger
2x Chevy Bolt
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Cadillac CT5
oftech likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 6:14 am

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred, Delta Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Avis PP
My visit this past Sunday was not great with regards to PC choices. 20 cars to choose from - all Toyota Camry/Corolla, Chevy Malibu, or Nissan Altimas. Literally no other types of cars. I expected at least a potential chance of an small SUV but nothing of the sort.

Even worse was the computer system was down, so at the exit gate they were writing down DL information, key FOB numbers, etc, and said they'd send a confirmation over. I never got one so I went back to the airport four hours later and asked to get a printed confirmation in case something happened while I had the car.
m907 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.