Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at PIT; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at PIT; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2020, 1:36 pm

Programs: American Express Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by EntropyTheory
Posting this here in the hopes that someone familiar with PIT might be able to help out - does anyone know if any of the trucks at PIT have truck bed covers? I need a one-way rental to take some of my stuff down south to the RIC/ORF area and I want to rent something a bit more interesting than whatever flavor of minivan Hertz has to offer.
I've rented 3 or 4 pickups from Hertz before, all from different airports, and I have never had one with a truck bed cover. All trucks are pretty much stock, so I wouldn't expect to see one. I'm a huge fan of the Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon, which might be a good one for your needs. Shouldn't have much trouble finding one with how few people are renting.
EntropyTheory likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EntropyTheory
Posting this here in the hopes that someone familiar with PIT might be able to help out - does anyone know if any of the trucks at PIT have truck bed covers? I need a one-way rental to take some of my stuff down south to the RIC/ORF area and I want to rent something a bit more interesting than whatever flavor of minivan Hertz has to offer.
I agree that I've never seen a pickup cover on a rental either. Hertz at PIT has several very nice Pacifica Limiteds with low mileage. I was there last week and there were three that hadn't moved in weeks because of the low traffic. I'd make a midsize reservation and try to get one from Ultimate Choice. A minivan has more cargo capacity than any SUV.
EntropyTheory likes this.
Old May 3, 2020, 12:48 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
I've rented 3 or 4 pickups from Hertz before, all from different airports, and I have never had one with a truck bed cover. All trucks are pretty much stock, so I wouldn't expect to see one. I'm a huge fan of the Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon, which might be a good one for your needs.
Hertz at PIT has several very nice Pacifica Limiteds with low mileage. I was there last week and there were three that hadn't moved in weeks because of the low traffic.
Thanks, y'all! I think that's what I'll do - measure up how much stuff I need to haul back, make the cheapest Gold / PC lot reservation, and then choose the most interesting/practical drive once I get there.

Maybe that F-Pace that was in PC some time ago will still be there.. a guy can dream, right?
Old Jun 8, 2020, 9:04 am

Swung by PIT early this morning (June 8 2020) at about 10 AM.

The rental counter next to the lot was closed, and there was only one person working the gate.

From what I've seen on FT of COVID-era Hertz fare, PC wasn't horrible, surprisingly. Cars of note were a a Cadillac XT5, two nicely optioned out Pacificas, and, inexplicably, a BMW 530i, which I took. (Hey, they let me this time! )

5* and Gold were kind of sad, however, There were maybe 4-5 cars in each and they were all midsize junk or Malibus/Altimas, save for one Pacifica in each.

Upgrades were a Camaro convertible and a QX60.

m907 and doglynx like this.

Last edited by EntropyTheory; Jun 8, 2020 at 9:09 am
Old Jun 17, 2020, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Hertz had a surprisingly decent selection this afternoon. There was a BMW 530i, Mercedes A220, 2x Ford Edge SEL, 2x Chrysler 300, and 2x Ford Escape SEL between PC and Five Star.

Upgrades were a Mustang GT Convertible and another 5 Series.
doglynx likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 10:54 am
Original Poster

At PIT Monday afternoon, there were a handful of decent picks.

Chrysler Pacifica Limited
2x Jeep Compass Trailhawk
Mazda CX-5
2x Ford EcoSport Titanium

The rest was all anonymous sedans and small SUVs.

One upgrade: a 4-cyl Mustang convertible.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

On Saturday afternoon there were two cars on the entire UC lot - a Mazda CX-5 and a Jeep Cherokee. Two upgrades: Mustang GT Convertible and a Cadillac Escalade.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 10:19 am

Tuesday, August 27: the state of affairs is sad and depressing in the UC lot

PC:
1x Ford Ecosport
1x Dodge Grand Caravan
1x Nissan Altima
1x Kia Sedona

5* and Gold had no cars

Upgrades:
1x Mustang Ecoboost
1x Camaro SS
1x Volvo XC90

m907 and Ordpc like this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 2:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Really weak selection when I arrived last Saturday at 11:30 AM

Ecosport, Minivan, smaller Hyundai and a couple of Malibus along with a base level Mustang was it for PC. I took a Malibu LT with 8,000 miles, paid to Sirius XM at the gate, and it was never turned on. Five Star had a single Malibu and there was literally nothing in Gold as it was closed incidentally.

Renting from Hertz these days is less than fun
Ordpc likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 2:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CMK10
Really weak selection when I arrived last Saturday at 11:30 AM.

Renting from Hertz these days is less than fun
​​​​​​PIT has been pretty barren the last few weeks, unfortunately.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 1:57 am
Original Poster

Hertz PIT is in very sorry shape these days. I've been there probably a dozen times in the last couple months, and lately there are only 5-10 cars in UC. It's almost impossible to make a reservation. It seems to be by design that they don't have any cars, even though they recently extended their hours back to almost normal.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

There were more cars on the lot Wednesday afternoon, but the Gold section was still closed and so was most of Five Star. There wasn't really anything noteworthy.

The upgrades were a 7 Series and an Escalade.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 7:37 pm

PIT was as dreary as it has the past few FT posts; only car of note in all of PC/5* was a base Camaro, everything else was boring SUVs/sedans.

Upgrades were a Merc GLC and a Cadillac Escalade.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 4:01 pm

PITT (T) class

I have a T-class 4wd/Awd large SUV rented from Pittsburgh for our trip in February. Anyone know what has been around there or which of the vehicles I’m likely to get? Thanks

(I’m new here so if this isn’t in the right spot I’m sorry)

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 19, 2021 at 5:57 pm Reason: moved into dedicated thread for this location (and, welcome to FlyerTalk!)
Old Jan 19, 2021, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by rosyod96
I have a T group reserved for our trip in February. Anyone know what vehicles they have around in this class?
Pretty much every Hertz location has the same selection of full-size SUVs - Chevy Tahoe, GMC Yukon, occasionally Ford Expedition.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.