Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at PIT; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at PIT; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2019, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xman099
Does PIT have a specific counter for gold plus member at parking lot? Or do I have to go to the main counter for questions? Thanks a lot.
Yes, there's a booth in the garage.
xman099 likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

On Friday afternoon, there was a Dodge Challenger Hemi, Chrysler Pacifica, and Toyota Highlander to go along with the usual fare in PC. No other notable cars other than a Taurus Limited in Gold which is nicer than they usually get.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

PIT was almost barren this evening. The gold section was empty with a sign telling people to choose from FS. Only cars were a 300 S, Ford Escape SEL, Chrysler Pacifica, Altima, and a couple Sentras. Lone upgrade was a Jaguar XE.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Not much going on at PIT on Monday morning - GMC Acadia, Subaru Outback, a couple Pacificas, a Jeep Compass Trailhawk, Jeep Cherokee Limited with 30k miles, and the usual assortment. Upgrades were an Escalade ESV and a Mercedes CLA250 (not sure who would pay for that).

Last edited by m907; Dec 17, 2019 at 2:15 am
Old Dec 18, 2019, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

A rare find at PIT late last night - a new RAM 1500 Hemi Limited with the portrait infotainment screen in PC. There was also a Cadillac XTS with 30k miles, along with a Pacifica, Impala, and two Chevy Silverados. FS and Gold were exclusively midsize sedans except for one Toyota Sienna.
missingcolours likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Rough selection on Sunday night. Malibus, Altimas, assorted Hyundai/Kia SUVs, EcoSport, and an old Jeep Cherokee.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 9:53 am
Original Poster

PIT had a Mustang GT and a Camaro SS in PC yesterday.

Between PC and Five Star, there was also a Ram 1500 Laramie, Cadillac CTS 2.0T, Chevy Traverse, Jeep Cherokee, a couple Chrysler 300s, and miscellaneous Impalas/Nissan/Hyundai cars.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:47 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Pain is when there are 3 Mustang GTs and a BMW 530i in PC but the gate dragons won't let you take either of them because you're under 25.

Ended up with a Taurus Limited which is okay, but... blah. 5* had a Silverado, a 300s, and a base Charger and Gold was the regular midsize Hertz fare.
m907 and isiegel3 like this.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EntropyTheory
Pain is when there are 3 Mustang GTs and a BMW 530i in PC but the gate dragons won't let you take either of them because you're under 25.

[Photo removed from quote by moderator]

Ended up with a Taurus Limited which is okay, but... blah. 5* had a Silverado, a 300s, and a base Charger and Gold was the regular midsize Hertz fare.
Sorry to hear that; I know it's annoying. I got through the booth at PIT with an Escalade when I was under 25. It very much depends on the training and the mood of the person at the gate.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 8, 2020 at 6:27 am
Old Mar 7, 2020, 9:54 pm

I feel like PIT is the worst offender for not letting under 25 take cars from President Circle. I tried to take a V8 hemi Dodge Challenger in Pittsburgh, returned from the gate. Then went right back and took a V8 hemi RAM pickup and that was okay because of worse 0-60 ? I have also taken a Cadillac XTS from PIT and this car is worth more than the challenger.

However, other airports don't really stop you from taking anything. I have taken a V8 mustang with 460 hp and Dodge Charger V8 both from PC.

This under 25 rule doesn't really make sense and seems arbitrarily based on who the gate employee is and what they are feeling on that day. Seriously they stopped you from taking a BMW 530i, a luxury sedan.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by Bugatti Veyron
Seriously they stopped you from taking a BMW 530i, a luxury sedan.
​​​​​​
That's what I thought as well! I could've sworn the 530i was classified as an LCAR which U25 should be able to take. I really should've complained but I really didn't want to raise the trouble at the gate.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bugatti Veyron
I feel like PIT is the worst offender for not letting under 25 take cars from President Circle. I tried to take a V8 hemi Dodge Challenger in Pittsburgh, returned from the gate. Then went right back and took a V8 hemi RAM pickup and that was okay because of worse 0-60 ? I have also taken a Cadillac XTS from PIT and this car is worth more than the challenger.

However, other airports don't really stop you from taking anything. I have taken a V8 mustang with 460 hp and Dodge Charger V8 both from PC.

This under 25 rule doesn't really make sense and seems arbitrarily based on who the gate employee is and what they are feeling on that day. Seriously they stopped you from taking a BMW 530i, a luxury sedan.
It is definitely arbitrary. I never had a problem at PIT but always had problems at DCA. As I said, it really depends on the training and mood of the gate agent.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 2:52 am
Original Poster

On Saturday night PC had another Mustang GT convertible, Infiniti QX60, and a Subaru Outback. Everything else was uninteresting.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 11:12 pm
Original Poster

PIT had a bunch of brand new cars (>1000 miles) on the lot: Mustang GT, 3x Pacifica Limited, Subaru Outback, and some others. There was also a Jaguar F-Pace in PC.

​​​​
Old Apr 23, 2020, 11:01 am

Posting this here in the hopes that someone familiar with PIT might be able to help out - does anyone know if any of the trucks at PIT have truck bed covers? I need a one-way rental to take some of my stuff down south to the RIC/ORF area and I want to rent something a bit more interesting than whatever flavor of minivan Hertz has to offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.