Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2018, 3:01 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Nice experience at ORD yesterday. The PC section is on the second level of the garage away from everything else. You take an escalator up to that level and they have a popcorn machine and coffee. Good selection of sedans and some SUVs though nothing all that special. I wanted a car and took a Buick Lacrosse with 3,000 miles. They had a number of 300s but no Jaguars, Volvos or Infinitis that I saw.
jtav559 likes this.
Old May 23, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
I'm booking a car (at ORD) using the Amex Plat CDP, and I'm utilizing the extra four hour grace period, so my rental is for >24 hours. It's charged as one day on a base rate basis, but there are two days of the customer facility charge. Anybody know whether, if I want one of the Premium Upgrades, I get charged for two days ($50) or just one ($25)?
Old May 23, 2018, 6:53 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
I'm booking a car (at ORD) using the Amex Plat CDP, and I'm utilizing the extra four hour grace period, so my rental is for >24 hours. It's charged as one day on a base rate basis, but there are two days of the customer facility charge. Anybody know whether, if I want one of the Premium Upgrades, I get charged for two days ($50) or just one ($25)?
That's a great question. My gut tells me that you would only be charged for one day because one is base rate and the other is taxes/fees and they are handled differently. I'm not 100% certain though as I've never actually tried it or heard of anyone who has. Looks like you may be in uncharted waters here. Please do report back on your results if you do attempt it.

I will say that while a pain, you could always have them void your contract on exit if it shows 2 days of upgrade charge and go and pick a non-Premium Upgrade vehicle instead (or ask them to do an override on the contract). Hopefully, there's nobody behind you on the exit booth line.
Old May 25, 2018, 10:29 am

Miami Downtown HLE for my weekly FCAR rental, returned the Impala, talked them into an XTS w 8k instead, they had a Malibu waiting that they actually gave to the guy in front of me, thought i was a no show. They also offered a Lacrosse. Much better service here since I went off on everyone and complained to corporate.
Old May 25, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by miadeals
That's the 7 or 8 seater, right? It gets good reviews, never driven one but its on the list, what don't you like about it?

Never driven an S90 either, what's wrong with that?

I would have taken the Traverse too.
Come to think of it I may have had an Equinox because it was the smaller SUV. I'm really not up on my car names these days.

I had an S90 at RDU earlier this year. I had trouble figuring out all the entertainment system and info/navigation buttons, something I'm usually pretty good at. Plus I didn't like how it drove and I hate its ugly back though that's not too important for a rental car.
Old May 26, 2018, 6:04 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
403 Lafayette (Manhattan)
Reserved: G
Received: G4 2017 Infiniti Q30 3.0t with California plates, 26,700 miles on the odometer and working Sirius/XM.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 26, 2018 at 5:05 pm
Old May 26, 2018, 7:45 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by miadeals
That's the 7 or 8 seater, right? It gets good reviews, never driven one but its on the list, what don't you like about it?

Never driven an S90 either, what's wrong with that?

I would have taken the Traverse too.
I ended up with a Traverse at MCO the end of March, but I needed it as I was doing some renovation on one of my Florida properties that I was prep'ing for sale. It's too large for most drivers especially without SUV or truck driving-and parking-experience, as well as being a gas guzzler.

Originally Posted by CMK10
I had an S90 at RDU earlier this year. I had trouble figuring out all the entertainment system and info/navigation buttons, something I'm usually pretty good at. Plus I didn't like how it drove and I hate its ugly back though that's not too important for a rental car.
This is an issue with too many of the lux vehicles. I had a Jaguar at SFO recently and it was late/dark, so just gave up on using any of the controls (except the essential ones,) until the next morning. Of course, when they drove it up to the Gold office, I thought it was a Hyundai.
Since the Chinese auto company, Greely, bought Volvo, I'd steer clear of them. Same with Jaguar, currently owned by Tata of India.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 26, 2018 at 10:09 pm Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old May 27, 2018, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by rbAA
I ended up with a Traverse at MCO the end of March, but I needed it as I was doing some renovation on one of my Florida properties that I was prep'ing for sale. It's too large for most drivers especially without SUV or truck driving-and parking-experience, as well as being a gas guzzler.
Sometimes I'm hoping for the 7 seater gas guzzler for 4 adults and a child and luggage...that's my plan for one of my rentals later this year, if I get stuck with a 5 seater I'm gonna cry...I may be sitting at the MIA location for a few hours until they bring something acceptable up to PC...kill me if I have to drive another minivan to disney... And if I was worried about gas I'd sardine everyone into my wifes Prius.

Nothings too large for me, I even got a lifted F150 with extended bed from Enterprise one time when they were low on trucks and I need one for....renovation on a property I own in Florida lol. I think this must be half their business down here, its the only reason I'm ever renting! Have gotten Expeditions, Tahoes, F150s with Supercrew Cab, Rams, Titans, you name it. People look at you weird when you're throwing drywall and lumber inside a brand new $65k SUV....
Old May 28, 2018, 7:10 am

my first experience with PC at VIE airport. Reserved pre-paid Smart 2-seater for $45, busy day at Hertz, they gave me a brand-new Audio Q3 at no extra cost. I got pushed off the Autobahn and rolled the vehicle. Also amex platinum, so it was a good day.
Old May 29, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
That's a great question. My gut tells me that you would only be charged for one day because one is base rate and the other is taxes/fees and they are handled differently. I'm not 100% certain though as I've never actually tried it or heard of anyone who has. Looks like you may be in uncharted waters here. Please do report back on your results if you do attempt it.

I will say that while a pain, you could always have them void your contract on exit if it shows 2 days of upgrade charge and go and pick a non-Premium Upgrade vehicle instead (or ask them to do an override on the contract). Hopefully, there's nobody behind you on the exit booth line.
Didn't see anything super-exciting in the Premium Upgrade section, so didn't go that route, so no data point, unfortunately!
Old May 29, 2018, 7:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by rmoshe
I got pushed off the Autobahn and rolled the vehicle.
Are you OK? What happened?
Old May 30, 2018, 8:27 pm

Picked up a car at STT last weekend and had possibly the best outstation experience possible. I walked up to the agent, she asked for my ID, then handed me a folder with my already printed contract and the keys to an upgraded vehicle in it and wished me a great day. It took at most 30 seconds. Wish they were all like that.
AutoSlash and m907 like this.
Old May 31, 2018, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by rbAA
Since the Chinese auto company, Greely, bought Volvo, I'd steer clear of them. Same with Jaguar, currently owned by Tata of India.
Why? should we all avoid Jeeps because they're owned by Fiat? Should we avoid Kia's because they're South Korean? Toyota's because they're Japanese? VW's because of WW2? The logic doesn't make sense. Geely provided much, much needed funding and allowed Volvo the creative freedom to do what they do best. I really wish the same had happened with Saab. It's the same with Tata and Jaguar Land Rover and it's paying off BIG time with both brands increasing sales and market share by double digit margins.

Would I buy any of these cars brand new with my own money? hell no but thats the same for any luxury car. a 7 series or an S class would be exactly the same. I would lease for 3 years and chuck 'em back before the headaches start. Absolutely doesn't mean we should be avoiding them on the rental car lot. The opposite. I'd much rather an XF than a Chrysler 300 for example.
Old May 31, 2018, 4:41 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Bjam99
Why? should we all avoid Jeeps because they're owned by Fiat? Should we avoid Kia's because they're South Korean? Toyota's because they're Japanese? VW's because of WW2? The logic doesn't make sense. Geely provided much, much needed funding and allowed Volvo the creative freedom to do what they do best. I really wish the same had happened with Saab. It's the same with Tata and Jaguar Land Rover and it's paying off BIG time with both brands increasing sales and market share by double digit margins.

Would I buy any of these cars brand new with my own money? hell no but thats the same for any luxury car. a 7 series or an S class would be exactly the same. I would lease for 3 years and chuck 'em back before the headaches start. Absolutely doesn't mean we should be avoiding them on the rental car lot. The opposite. I'd much rather an XF than a Chrysler 300 for example.
With the Chinese it's always quantity over quality, so an otherwise well made Swedish auto became a basket of problems. The Indians learned from the British and Jaguars (the saying always has been buy 2; one to drive while the mechanic is fixing the other,) and Rover have a pattern of problematic electrical issues, typical of most British vehicles. Plus, the ergonomics in the Jag are poor, especially the Hyundai-look-alike model I received. Of course, I might have been over expecting as the Gold counter (they were out of Premium cars basically,) gave me a space number that had an AMG MB sitting there, and I was trying to get the keys then the Jag was pulled up to the office. Bummer. I guess anything would have been disappointing. (Sorry, I was in the automotive business for some years, when it was fun. And, no, Jeeps are and were junk all on their own. Actually Fiat has improved greatly, but still a ways to go.)
Old Jun 1, 2018, 12:28 am

Went for my weekly rewrite at Downtown Miami, took back the XTS, told him to just give it back to me, he told me I only rented F so he couldn't, I told him I always rent F and that's what I was given last week and if you write your name down I'll leave you a great comment, he decided that was good enough and gave me the XTS back for a month.

It is great when you're rewriting because they are handing you a receipt with a comment code right on it.

Next up is an ORD rental, we'll see how that goes on Jul 1, I'm scared looking at the ORD thread...PC selection seems garbage and I'll have the whole family with me.

I have a question in general....how do they know what they've put in PC and what they've put in a space to be assigned (at large airports at least)? What prevents you from just going and grabbing literally any car on the lot anywhere and saying you found it in PC? I mean, if we have a PCAR reservation, can I take anything in PCAR, FCAR, the Gold lot or the PC lot? How do they know that SUV or LCAR I grabbed from a spot wasn't actually in PC and just drive it to the exit? Anyone try this?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 1, 2018 at 9:29 am Reason: consecutive posts merged; ORD question moved to consolidated thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.