Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I’m confused. I always rent full size and get Ultimate Choice. Today on my points rental I automatically get car assigned instead of having the choice I want or can I still go to the PC area?
Old Feb 9, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by alphaod
I’m confused. I always rent full size and get Ultimate Choice. Today on my points rental I automatically get car assigned instead of having the choice I want or can I still go to the PC area?
1. Is it at a location with Ultimate Choice?
2. Did you reserve a full size for your points rental? If you booked a Premium (which I always do for points rentals, since it's the same points as a full size), then you'll be assigned a Premium car in a specific space. You can take that car or choose anything from the PC area in Ultimate Choice.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Yes it’s at SFO, which I’ve rented from many times. I also did premium since it’s the same points. They assigned me a Maxima which I don’t think is premium.

Anyways I looked at pay later price and it’s an acceptable price. I will have to experiment with points and Ultimate Choice another time.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by alphaod
Yes it’s at SFO, which I’ve rented from many times. I also did premium since it’s the same points. They assigned me a Maxima which I don’t think is premium. Anyways I looked at pay later price and it’s an acceptable price. I will have to experiment with points and Ultimate Choice another time.
The Maxima is absolutely in the Premium category (along with the Impala). Again, you don't have to take that, you can take anything from Ultimate Choice instead. It's just another option.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
If you booked a Premium (which I always do for points rentals, since it's the same points as a full size), then you'll be assigned a Premium car in a specific space. You can take that car or choose anything from the PC area in Ultimate Choice.
That's how it should work in theory, but at least at some locations, they get lazy and just assign you to the PC row on the assumption that there will be PCARs available in the PC row. I had it happen 3x in a row at MSP and have also had it a couple other places (PHX, I think, was one). I guess there's not much to complain about if the end result is the same, but I probably would have been a little annoyed if I had actually paid a higher rate for a PCAR when I could have reserved an ICAR and gotten the same thing.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Questions on UC President's Circle. According to Hertz.com, when I book an intermediate car or higher I can use the UC and President's Circle instead of the car they assign me. I assume that's how it works?

I've used National's executive aisle for years and it's pretty straight forward. With Hertz, when i've asked, (SFO just two weeks ago) I was told go to the car they already assigned me. What the heck and I missing? (My full-sized SUV was a stripped down 28k mile beat to cr@p Nissan Rogue)

I'm don't get the feeling Hertz is being very transparent with how the program work.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by DCAproducer
Questions on UC President's Circle. According to Hertz.com, when I book an intermediate car or higher I can use the UC and President's Circle instead of the car they assign me. I assume that's how it works?

I've used National's executive aisle for years and it's pretty straight forward. With Hertz, when i've asked, (SFO just two weeks ago) I was told go to the car they already assigned me. What the heck and I missing? (My full-sized SUV was a stripped down 28k mile beat to cr@p Nissan Rogue)

I'm don't get the feeling Hertz is being very transparent with how the program work.
Ultimate Choice works exactly like Executive Selection - choose your car from the President's Circle (or lower tier, if you prefer) area. If you book something other than an intermediate or fullsize (like say an SUV), you'll be assigned a vehicle in a specific space, but you can choose to take something from Ultimate Choice instead.
m907 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 5:22 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Please refer to the existing thread on this topic, especially the FAQ in the wiki.

Questions/Discussion About Hertz Ultimate Choice Service
Old Feb 12, 2018, 8:06 pm

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Got another Maxima today (It's my third so far this year).

I'm not complaining, the Maxima is a decent car.

Booked (C) midsize at MCO, PIT and FAT

Maxima, Maxima, Maxima.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 9:12 pm

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KenTarmac
Got another Maxima today (It's my third so far this year).

I'm not complaining, the Maxima is a decent car.

Booked (C) midsize at MCO, PIT and FAT

Maxima, Maxima, Maxima.
Consider yourself lucky, so far this year, all I’ve seen in PC UC is mostly Altima, Sonata, Accent and Fusion.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 5:21 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Wanted to report back. I have 8 Hertz reservations in the next 3 weeks.

2/14 ATL, UC PC area was full of cars and SUVs. Guy beside me beat me to a Land Rover Discovery, which I was surprised to see in this aisle.
Most of the cars were Altima's and Chevy's and had leather seats. I needed an SUV, so I ended up with a Kia Sorento. Staff at this location were the friendliest Hertz people I've ever encountered. The agent at the exit was even handing out bottled water, which I've never seen before.
jacobguo and m907 like this.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)

2/14 ATL, UC PC area was full of cars and SUVs. Guy beside me beat me to a Land Rover Discovery, which I was surprised to see in this aisle.
Most of the cars were Altima's and Chevy's and had leather seats. I needed an SUV, so I ended up with a Kia Sorento. Staff at this location were the friendliest Hertz people I've ever encountered. The agent at the exit was even handing out bottled water, which I've never seen before.
IME, the bottled water thing is standard and quite common (and part of Hertz's service standards), though the actual implementation is not completely consistent location to location (or probably even employee to employee). Some locations/employees very proactively offer it, some just ask if you want one, and some will give it to you upon request. Some locations have a visible Dasani-branded cooler stationed next to the exit booth, others hide the waters inside the booth itself. I don't always remember to ask, but if they don't proactively offer, every time I've asked, they've been happy to give me one.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:34 pm

Wow, the Land Rover was definitely a score for that guy. Probably high mileage though. The most expensive car I've seen at PC is a Cadillac Escalade with 30k miles.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 4:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
Interesting. Most of you think the car upgrade is the important part. Im 6'1 and not much diff in full size. What I think is most important is their picking you up at the departure area and dropping you off without having to take the flea bus
Old Feb 15, 2018, 4:25 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by BeatCal
Interesting. Most of you think the car upgrade is the important part. Im 6'1 and not much diff in full size. What I think is most important is their picking you up at the departure area and dropping you off without having to take the flea bus
For a President's Circle member (topic of this thread), upgrades are the most important benefit that comes with that status. Free pick-up and drop-off is a perk for Platinum members only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.