Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2017, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Odd that MCO would be a bad spot. Maybe just the amount of people coming through the car turnover is high?
Old Jul 28, 2017, 9:04 am

Just left MCO terminal B. PC selection was pretty limited. I initially walked to an infiniti sedan parked in the section only to be told that it was in the wrong area and being moved. I ended up in a 300, and there were several of these. There was also a Malibu and a rouge along with a few imports that I wouldn't take if they paid me. Took a glance at 5* and it was all four door sedans of dubious quality.

I didn't venture over to terminal A. When my company was with national I was usually able to get a big SUV but sometimes I'd have to try both terminals.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
If the Infiniti was there in a PC slot I'd take a picture and get in and drive to gate to see what happens.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National ES, Air Kettle
Originally Posted by lmsalman
I picked up a car from the PC section on the B side yesterday. I've never seen such a sad selection of Sentras, Altimas, a random Camry and Corolla. The PC section didn't look any different from the 5* next to it. Definitely down towards the bottom of selection I've seen at UC locations.
Originally Posted by Gunterindiana
Tried this in Orlando, over half the presidents circle section was "reserved" in terminal B. Went over to A, exactly the same. Came back to B, nice Range Rover sitting in Presidents Circle but locked. Asked the attendant and was told "yeah that's reserved too". Went to National and got a new Infiniti QX60 instead. I remember now why I left Hertz

That's too bad. I have a reservation in August and was looking forward to try out the PC selection. I'm gonna have to go with a backup reservation with National as well.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 11:08 am

IMO from what a hertz agent has said, B side almost always has a more limited selection than A for some reason(is it smaller?). That said, I would think they would have better stuff at mco since they are supposed to have the biggest inventory in the states or even worldwide?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 3:01 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Any recent experience in PC UC? I'll be heading out next week.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:11 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Picked up late on a Thursday and there was a bland selection. No real SUVs. I took a lone Q50 that was in the PC area; by far the best available vehicle at the time.

I preferred an SUV, as I needed to pick up some people and luggage from the airport later in the following week, and stopped back on Saturday to see what they had. I was able to swap for a QX60.

Thank you again Hertz!!
Old Oct 26, 2017, 10:26 pm

Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?"

Originally Posted by 91StealthES
Any recent experience in PC UC? I'll be heading out next week.
Went through the PC UC line Tuesday evening (Oct 24). Had a reservation for a Midsize Car. First in Terminal A, they had a couple of brandnew Altimas, most of them SL Trim with leather seats, some Nissan Rogues (all between 15,000 and 20,000 miles), a huge Silverado (9,000 miles), a sad looking Nissan Frontier (40,000 miles), a new GMC Yukon, which I would have taken on the spot when my family was with me, but I was alone... Went to the other side in Terminal B, lots of constructions, and the PC UC line was almost the same picture: Brandnew Altimas, some Nissan Rogues, a new Malibu, a KIA Optima, a brandnew Chrysler Pacifica. I ended up with a Chevy Impala "Premier" with 900 miles, factory navigation and Wifi still working, powerfull V6 engine and a good mileage of over 30 m/G.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 1:34 am
THO

Programs: BA Gold
Hi, does anyone have any recent experiences with the class FRAR (L4)? I do like the vehicle class but dread Nissans...
Old Jan 3, 2018, 4:43 am
THO

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by THO
Hi, does anyone have any recent experiences with the class FRAR (L4)? I do like the vehicle class but dread Nissans...
Did not get a Nissan but a 2018 Chevrolet Traverse with some 4000 miles. Quite nice.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 3:58 pm

Booked a midsize SUV (IFAR) in 2 weeks. Is it worth exploring what's in UC for PC or just go to my reserved stall?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by WJ_Fan_147
Booked a midsize SUV (IFAR) in 2 weeks. Is it worth exploring what's in UC for PC or just go to my reserved stall?
In my experience (though I haven't rented at MCO) Hertz's midsize SUVs are pretty lame (think base trim Hyundai Santa Fe type stuff) so you should definitely at least check UC. You might find a higher trim SUV.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 7:49 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Rented in MCO recently (Terminal B) and there were about 5 cars total across all aisles. Ended up with a Chrysler 300 S that I was told wasn’t supposed to be in the PC area. The other car in PC was a Camry. Five star had one Chevy and I couldn’t tell what was beyond that.

By far the most underwhelming experience so far.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 11:44 am
Original Poster

MCO PC
Wednesday 6pm

Literally zero cars. Was told 'sorry just wait and take whatever car gets put in the PC section'. I wait 20min... no cars returned.

Well I need something for 4 adults. There are a bunch of large SUVs in reserved and I just checked online and I can book one of them right now
for hardly more than I paid initially. Santa Fe for 80 dollars more. That isn't a large SUV. Show rep my phone "We can't do that".

At the moment someone parks right outside the gold building with a Pathfinder and comes inside and says the 'car is dirty' and they want another. I asked
if I can have the dirty car. Am told yes. Get some paperwork and leave. MCO is batting 0/2 the last two times. Whereas it has been great before UC. Last time
my car was 'sold' before I got to exit and this time PC has literally nothing and told to pound sand and wait.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by United747
Rented in MCO recently (Terminal B) and there were about 5 cars total across all aisles. Ended up with a Chrysler 300 S that I was told wasn’t supposed to be in the PC area. The other car in PC was a Camry. Five star had one Chevy and I couldn’t tell what was beyond that.

By far the most underwhelming experience so far.
Ran into a similar experience on Sunday, Jan. 21 - Same location - same terminal. The PC lot was full of Camries, Nissan Altimas and Cheby Malibus, run of the mill cars that should be on the Five star and lower side, not filling up the PC row. I asked for something better and was told that all the good stuff was "reserved" and that there would be an up-charge for any of them. I informed them that I was there in November and was given a brand new VOLVO S90 - no up-charge. The said sorry, not today. So I waited about half an hour before one of the runners brought a Nissan Maxima over and I took that one. I get to work and one of my co-workers is driving one of the Hertz Mercedes GLC SUVs that he got from the PC isle at this location. ... Really Hertz? Come on now!

Very disappointing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.