Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Booked an intermediate and got a 300 by choice (best of what was on the lot) at LGA two weeks ago. Grabbed a Ford Taurus Limited today at DCA.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 2:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Have you been reserving something other than an economy through fullsize car?
I always book a full-size, unless the premium is cheaper (which is sometimes the case).
Old Apr 2, 2018, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I always book a full-size, unless the premium is cheaper (which is sometimes the case).
If you're at an UC location, you should be able to get the same choice of cars by booking a midsize/intermediate, and save some $$$ too.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 4:22 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

If you book an FCAR you should be directed to the UC area corresponding to your status. If you book a PCAR, you will be assigned a spot but will have the option to choose something from the PC section instead. This is how it has always worked for me and everyone I know, so I'm basing this on first-hand knowledge of 50+ UC rentals. If something different happened in your case, it was probably an outlier, but you could always ask the Hertz staff if it happens in the future.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 12:19 am

Programs: National EE, Enterprise Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, NEXUS
Booked a four week rental from an airport location using AutoSlash. Total came out to $539.

Reserved Compact Group B CCAR. Had the choice between a Corolla or Sentra. Obviously took the Corolla because the Sentra is garbage (with the exception of the BOSE speaker set which Hertz probably doesn't have that trim).
AutoSlash likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by KenTarmac
Booked an intermediate and got a 300 by choice (best of what was on the lot) at LGA two weeks ago. Grabbed a Ford Taurus Limited today at DCA.
How many miles on the Taurus? Sounds like Hertz just added a bunch to their fleet.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
It was around 2K miles.

Heading back to JFK right now. I’ll post what I find there when I arrive.
m907 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: Air Canada 35K, Hilton HHonors Diamond; Marriot Gold; Hertz Presidents Circle
My last U.K. rental in mid-2017 was at Edinburgh's airport. I received an email and text message confirming my car's make and model as well as its rental bay location. I booked a mid-size automatic and was upgraded into a Mercedes GLE350 AMG.

It's been 2 years since I've rented at London and Manchester, so I can't speak to what they do now, but I was upgraded both times. In Manchester, I booked an intermediate automatic and received a Mercedes B-Class crossover/SUV, which admittedly was ugly but it was still a Mercedes. In London, I book a compact automatic and received a Mercedes E-Class sedan.

So, your best bet, is to book an automatic, I think.

So I am going to the UK for the first time here in a couple of weeks out of LHR. When making my reservation over the phone using points (I was trying to reserve an automatic with points and had to call in to do so) the agent mentioned that the LHR experience is EXTREMELY similar to the experience at LAX.... She was only able to reserve me into a Minivan via points which I was stating that I wanted something smaller (its just me and one colleague and neither of us have ever driven in the UK) to which the agent suggested that based on my status (PC) they would be incredibly flexible with me..

I will be there in a few weeks and will report back on my experience..
hockeyinsider likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Booked in MIA a Q4 (IFAR) – no SUV or another similar car at the UC bay availible. Long lines at the Gold Counter – after half an hour waiting I quit and choosed an Impala.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:32 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by denkigroove
Booked in MIA a Q4 (IFAR) – no SUV or another similar car at the UC bay availible. Long lines at the Gold Counter – after half an hour waiting I quit and choosed an Impala.That's
That's not how it was supposed to work. I assume you checked the Gold board and your name was not assigned to a specific spot? Typically if you reserved anything other than an intermediate through fullsize car, you'd be assigned a specific vehicle and would have the option of choosing something from the UC area instead if you wished. If you were not assigned a specific stall with an SUV, then the location did not follow procedures and you have every right to complain about it.
cestmoi123 and denkigroove like this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
That's not how it was supposed to work. I assume you checked the Gold board and your name was not assigned to a specific spot? Typically if you reserved anything other than an intermediate through fullsize car, you'd be assigned a specific vehicle and would have the option of choosing something from the UC area instead if you wished. If you were not assigned a specific stall with an SUV, then the location did not follow procedures and you have every right to complain about it.
Indeed no car preassigned. I catched an Employee and he told me to pick up something or wait in line at the counter – what I did before with no success.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by denkigroove

Indeed no car preassigned. I catched an Employee and he told me to pick up something or wait in line at the counter – what I did before with no success.
30 minutes in line at the Gold counter is unacceptable. I would have caught another employee and demanded to speak with a manager immediately.
AutoSlash and cestmoi123 like this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by Paupaaa
So I am going to the UK for the first time here in a couple of weeks out of LHR. When making my reservation over the phone using points (I was trying to reserve an automatic with points and had to call in to do so) the agent mentioned that the LHR experience is EXTREMELY similar to the experience at LAX.... She was only able to reserve me into a Minivan via points which I was stating that I wanted something smaller (its just me and one colleague and neither of us have ever driven in the UK) to which the agent suggested that based on my status (PC) they would be incredibly flexible with me..

I will be there in a few weeks and will report back on my experience..
So, it's not like LAX in that you'll be assigned a particular vehicle at LHR, rather than being able to use Ultimate Choice (which is just in the US for the moment). As you've discovered, the only thing with an automatic you can book with points in the UK is a "people mover" (aka a passenger van). While you're technically not entitled to anything different, I would be extremely surprised if the staff there weren't willing to work with you to put you into something smaller than a Ford Galaxy with an automatic.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 2:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
As you've discovered, the only thing with an automatic you can book with points in the UK is a "people mover" (aka a passenger van).
I just did a dummy points booking for Hertz at the Birmingham airport. I could book a Mercedes B-class (midsize) and Kia Ceed (compact) on points. At Edinburgh, I could book the same two classes along with several others, including an Audi A4 (premium), Mercedes E-class (luxury) and Volvo XC60 (full-size).
Old Apr 4, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
I just did a dummy points booking for Hertz at the Birmingham airport. I could book a Mercedes B-class (midsize) and Kia Ceed (compact) on points. At Edinburgh, I could book the same two classes along with several others, including an Audi A4 (premium), Mercedes E-class (luxury) and Volvo XC60 (full-size).
Interesting! I tried to do the same, and I get an error message. Per the website, the only cars you can book with points in the UK (if you're a US customer, at least) are the C, D, N (Green Collection) and M, and the only one of those that comes with an automatic is the M (Full Size Passenger Van).

Did you go to the screen where it shows you all your vehicle options, or did you also click on Select for the car you wanted, and then Submit on the next screen? It's only at the final screen where you choose the payment method that you get the option to use points (or where that options is denied).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.