Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at OGG (Maui); What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at OGG (Maui); What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2023, 12:34 pm

Programs: DL,US
5/26/23:

Arrived about 2:45p and all stalls were empty in Gold/Five Star/PC. Reserved stuff only, mostly wranglers. Went in the booth and they had a wait list. As a PC I waited about 20 minutes and a brand new Acadia showed up, which was fine.

Regular gold members spoke of waiting nearly 2 hours.

I think for Friday/Saturday/Sunday peak times this summer you might want to look at reserving instead of UC.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 2:59 pm

I'm going to OGG end of August and I'm hearing different things about PC lot. A Hertz rep said that I can only get a car available in the free upgrade lot for PC. I have PC and if I book a Compact SUV (same price as Large Sedan), then what type of cars can I get in PC lot? Is it any car class in PC lot?
Old Aug 4, 2023, 3:16 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Suggest you review the wiki of the following thread, along with the later posts therein: Questions/Discussion About Hertz Ultimate Choice Service
Old Sep 3, 2023, 12:59 pm

Any recent reports of what’s available on the PC lot these days now that tourists are a fraction of what they were?
Old Sep 15, 2023, 8:08 am

Programs: United: Non-revver, IHG: Plat elite, Hertz: PC, Avis: PC, Enterprise: Platinum
Flew into OGG last night for the weekend.

PC was full of base model chargers, mustang ecoboosts, a few 3 row SUV's, and few 300S's.
5* had similar offerings, plus a charger GT buried in the aisle
gold aisle had a bunch of compact SUV's (think chevy trax size)

Avis offered me only EV's, and I was dying to get a convertible... so I took a 300S with the sunroof. Close enough
Old Dec 28, 2023, 12:17 pm

I currently have a reservation for a “Large Elite SUV” and see on booking that a “Luxury SUV” is a bit cheaper - what’s the difference? I’m debating between these and a minivan since we’re 2 adults and 4 kids with a few bags. Hard to tell what the SUVs actually are and if they will fit our stuff.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just a note that I'm pretty sure the OGG Hertz station has shipped all of their Teslas off the island at this point. I can't get them for any upcoming reservations.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 7:56 pm

Yesterday, February 12 at OGG

PC selection consisted of:
Numerous Ford Escapes
3x Jeep CUV of some kind (Cherokees I think)
2x Mercedes SLC300
2x Mini Cooper two door

I went for the Mercedes because I am a glutton for punishment
Old Feb 22, 2024, 11:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA GLD
Sparse selection in the PC aisle at OGG yesterday afternoon. Just some mini coopers, hardtop Camaro, Mustangs, a bunch of full sizes, and maybe an explorer limited on the border of reserved/PC spaces.

Traveling with my family, I was debating gambling with booking a full size and getting a minivan or other crossover, but thankfully had pre booked large SUV and got a Tahoe LT with 3k miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.