Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at OGG (Maui); What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at OGG (Maui); What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2021, 12:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Have a reservation for later this month and on the reservation it says” Gold Service can not be confirmed at this time” Any idea what this is about?
Old Sep 27, 2021, 6:19 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, United Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC
I recently had a points booking for F car at OGG. The location is Ultimate Choice and upon arrival to the garage the sign board said to see agent (as it did for the vast majority of names on the board). In the booth they checked the Safe Travels App & ID before letting me go pick my car.

Between PC & Five Star the notable options were:

4 Chevy Silverado 4x4 Pickups
Ford Edge SEL
QX 50
QX 60
2 Camaro SS Coupe
Mustang Coupe
Lincoln Continental
Lincoln MKZ

There were plenty of mini-vans, jeeps & convertibles in the reserved sections just none in the choice lines. Upgrade had some more QX60’s and a Cadillac XT5.

There was also only one exit booth open during my visit with a ~10 minute wait to get out. Overall, while the cash rates had come down significantly the week before my visit I was still glad to cash in most of my remaining Hertz points.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 12:17 pm

Quick question re Hertz at OGG - I'm a bit new to Hertz rentals (used to booked with National exclusively, but have a great company rate at Hertz + Presidents Circle through my Venture X card) - Does Hertz have a similar program as National w/ Executive Aisle, in that if I booked a car with Hertz, can I proceed directly to the available cars at OGG, or do I have to go into an office and do a bunch of paperwork with an employee?

If, for instance, I book a "premium sedan," (G class), am I able to pick from an array of cars at OGG, including SUVs?

I like the convenience of just grabbing a car and going, particularly when on vacation on Maui. Any insight is greatly appreciated !

Last edited by kthpence; Feb 8, 2022 at 12:23 pm
Old Feb 8, 2022, 3:08 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Suggest you review the wiki of the following thread, along with the later posts therein: Questions/Discussion About Hertz Ultimate Choice Service
Skink likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Suggest you review the wiki of the following thread, along with the later posts therein: Questions/Discussion About Hertz Ultimate Choice Service
Awesome, thank you for this ! Was able to book a cheaper car not in the A or B class and save an additional $180. Appreciate the help and advice
Old Mar 10, 2022, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Rental at OGG 2 weeks ago. Terrible service; worst I have seen in years. Arrived at the lot and there were zero cars in the PC section, just a huge 'truck'. Other sections empty as well. TONS of cars in the pre-reserved spots. Asked what was going on and was told I have to take the truck or wait 1/2 hr to get something else. WT??? The gal apparently didn't think I would wait ... and came out after 5 mins telling me 'unless you tell me what you want I can't help you' .... o.k., any regular sedan will do. So we got a banged-up crappy car and then ... we wait 20 (!) minutes to get out of the gate. 1/5 lanes open ... guy takes 5 minutes per car and I can see why when we got there. He told me he was from RI (why do I care?) and went through all the 'want insurance stuff' in snails pace (apparently none of that is in my profile ). So 1/2 hr from arriving to getting off the lot. Just a terrible experience all around.
Ordpc likes this.

Last edited by cfischer; Mar 27, 2022 at 10:06 am
Old Mar 11, 2022, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
He told me he was RI
What does RI mean?
Ordpc likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by glostix
What does RI mean?
sorry.. from RI. Told me about his life and how he ended up in OGG. Yeah ... line of 10 cars behind us. Terrible experience.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 5:58 pm

Curious if any other recent experiences here ?

I'll be here Friday to pickup our car for our 10 nights on Maui and will report back on what the PC & 5* options are...a bit nervous based on past reviews :/

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 15, 2022 at 1:16 pm Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Apr 15, 2022, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by kthpence
I'll be here Friday to pickup our car for our 10 nights on Maui and will report back on what the PC & 5* options are...a bit nervous based on past reviews :/

i will be there next month so curious what you find out
Old Apr 18, 2022, 8:43 am

Programs: AS 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Picked up around noon on 4/17. PC and 5* were pretty full. Was looking for an SUV and PC had a Chevy Blazer, a Nissan Kicks and a Nissan Rogue. Ended up taking a 2021 Rogue SV FWD with 4200miles. Was also tempted by a Hyundai Ioniq to save on gas costs.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 3:10 pm

Can anyone speak to the condition of the H4 vehicles at OGG? Very disappointed with what we got in that class at HNL (albeit a size upgrade) and am worried it will be the same here

Last edited by MASTERNC; Jul 29, 2022 at 4:16 pm
Old Jul 30, 2022, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by MASTERNC
Can anyone speak to the condition of the H4 vehicles at OGG? Very disappointed with what we got in that class at HNL (albeit a size upgrade) and am worried it will be the same here
If you don't want a QX60, just ask the counter what they have. HNL has many different H4 class cars (their QX50 also doesn't have carplay though, if that's still your concern). OGG doesn't have such a big supply as HNl does, so if you'd want a 300s instead so you can have carplay, then they should always have that or give you something probably even better.

From their perspective, and my experiences for non-UC classes or before UC was implemented, HNL always tried to give you some upgrades no matter what you booked unless it's a wrangler, or no obvious upgrades available. Hawaii locations altogether didn't receive too many new deliveries so if you want something new, the vehicle choice is often limited.
Ordpc likes this.

Last edited by corolla; Jul 30, 2022 at 11:55 pm
Old Aug 2, 2022, 1:23 am

Just arrived in OGG today. UC lots were sparse. My name was not on the Gold board so went to the Gold desk. Clerk noted it was because I booked the SUV. She pointed me to a QX50 and asked me to check if the keys were in there. They were not. At which point she asked me to check a Mercedes GLC, which did have the keys inside. That is what I took. It is in very good shape with only 15k miles (despite being two years old) and has CarPlay.

Last edited by MASTERNC; Aug 11, 2022 at 11:16 am
Old Aug 11, 2022, 8:49 am

Friday 8/5 around 5:30pm: PC had a choice of either a Mustang GT and a Chrysler 300. 5* had two Altimas, two 300s and a Charger. Gold was completely empty. Took the 300 out of PC. White '21 with 5400 miles.
Ordpc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.