FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   Consolidated "Renting at OGG (Maui); What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1848858-consolidated-renting-ogg-maui-what-kind-cars-expect-thread.html)

kchoya Mar 31, 2017 6:17 pm

Consolidated "Renting at OGG (Maui); What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Going to Maui (OGG) tomorrow. Made a reservation in November and selected an exact model: J6 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. When I log on today to double-check the reservation, it now has a different class and vehicle: V Jeep Wrangler.

Is this something to be concerned about, or a distinction without a difference? We need a four-door Jeep on this trip, thus the reservation for an exact model.

What's the difference between J6 and V?

dinanm3atl Mar 31, 2017 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by kchoya (Post 28113472)
Going to Maui (OGG) tomorrow. Made a reservation in November and selected an exact model: J6 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. When I log on today to double-check the reservation, it now has a different class and vehicle: V Jeep Wrangler.

Is this something to be concerned about, or a distinction without a difference? We need a four-door Jeep on this trip, thus the reservation for an exact model.

What's the difference between J6 and V?

Well a Wrangler Unlimited is a 4 door Jeep. A wrangler is a 2 door. Not sure if Hertz actually has a different code for that.

whiskeyplease Jun 6, 2017 2:25 pm

OGG PC/Gold options?

Anybody rented at OGG (Maui) lately? What have you seen in the PC/Gold areas? Geography and physics being what they are, I imagine there's relatively little turnover in the fleets on the islands.

PC member with an Fcar reservation in a few weeks, wondering what my options are likely to be. Thanks in advance!

Boraxo Jul 20, 2018 1:07 am

Hopefully there is still Gold service here at least for Pres Circle, 5* etc. I will go nuts if I have to wait in long lines, which apparently are SOP per TripAdvisor.

Unfortunately bad rental car service is endemic at OGG. Over the past 2 decades I have found Avis, Budget and Alamo all had long lines (as validated by reviews) which unfortunately cannot be avoided, particularly when you have a voucher. Thankfully no voucher here.

JVPhoto Aug 14, 2018 10:49 am

OGG
I booked a standard car and was given option for a Chevy Equinox or Buick sedan. Took the Equinox.
I booked a standard SUV on a newly created account for my Dad and they gave us an Escalade.

yzhng117 Aug 14, 2018 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by JVPhoto (Post 30081792)
OGG
I booked a standard car and was given option for a Chevy Equinox or Buick sedan. Took the Equinox.
I booked a standard SUV on a newly created account for my Dad and they gave us an Escalade.

Did you get gold confirmation prior to arrival? Heard the line at OGG is insanely long...

I have an upcoming F-car booked and gold canopy service is confirmed, so hoping I can just drive away unless I can score some upgrade... thanks.

JVPhoto Aug 14, 2018 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by yzhng117 (Post 30082533)
Did you get gold confirmation prior to arrival? Heard the line at OGG is insanely long...

I have an upcoming F-car booked and gold canopy service is confirmed, so hoping I can just drive away unless I can score some upgrade... thanks.

Keys + carseat in my car when the bus dropped us off and everything ready to go with my parents' as well. Took longer for me to juggle the 8 pieces of luggage in the 2 cars than it did for us to drive off the lot.

mtftw Jan 16, 2019 9:00 am

Any recent experience? PC with an ICAR reservation upcoming in 2 weeks. Hoping to score an upgrade, but have not actually rented from a non-UC location since having any kind of status. Not sure what to expect.

Boraxo Jan 16, 2019 2:49 pm

We had a good experience in July, no trouble though the car had some scratches on it supposedly due to the car wash. The exit guy noted this issue and we did not have any trouble upon return. The Gold service was very fast - no lines - but be sure to allow sufficient time on your return for the shuttle bus. There was a long line and it took a while before they added another bus. As for upgrades, it's not the Emerald aisle but I'm sure they will let you trade up to the next class if you don't receive something you like. I think we got an Infiniti on our midsize rez.

All in all pleased to give Hertz a 5* rating, which is the exception for car rentals in Hawaii.

Lyaec350 Jan 16, 2019 3:09 pm

Here now— got another mustang GT on a regular convertible (U) reservation. Carfirmation 2 hours before scheduled pickup which was good because we got on an earlier flight. Keys in cup holder on arrival and only a few minutes to get out the gate. Sounds like they’re moving to a consolidated rental car center in the new garage which should cut down on shuttle transit time.

dayone Feb 14, 2019 9:39 pm

The new consolidated car rental facility at OGG has been completed (ahead of schedule) and Hertz is currently finishing out its space and preparing to open. The facility is anticipated to open in May, 2019.

The solar-powered electric tram that will transport customers between the terminal and the car rental facility will be operational well in advance of the start of business operations in May.

More than twice the number of cars are rented at OGG than at HNL.

dayone Mar 29, 2019 8:37 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Info on the tram and the new consolidated car rental facility. Both open May 15, 2019.

I hope the expanded space will allow for adding Ultimate Choice.

Maui Car Rental Facility, Electric Train on Schedule to Open May 15

anteater Apr 7, 2019 11:13 am

Any more update on the new facility and opening date? Would love to see this open before my next trip in May.

holocker Apr 11, 2019 8:15 pm

I have a trip planned for arrival on May 12 and departure on May 20. WIll be curious if this is open by then.

dayone Apr 12, 2019 6:32 pm

My email from the airport authority sounded like the dates are firm: soft opening sometime on May 14 and the official opening on May 15.