Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at DTW; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at DTW; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2023, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by James Groff
Any recent reports here? Flying in next week and have a G car but also five start. Just curious if anything worth it in five star or better off sticking with the G car.
All I can say is the last time I was there and the pres club options were all awful I asked if I could take something from the reserved section and was told in no uncertain terms no, without paying the difference. So this is one location i would say rent the class you need and don't expect anything on the aisle to be an upgrade.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by blufish312
All I can say is the last time I was there and the pres club options were all awful I asked if I could take something from the reserved section and was told in no uncertain terms no, without paying the difference. So this is one location i would say rent the class you need and don't expect anything on the aisle to be an upgrade.
Thats disappointing but appreciate the reply.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Any recent comments from here? National prices have kept going up so thinking about moving back, at least temporarily, to Hertz.

If not, guess I'll be updating everyone Friday afternoon.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by BThumme
Any recent comments from here? National prices have kept going up so thinking about moving back, at least temporarily, to Hertz.

If not, guess I'll be updating everyone Friday afternoon.
It was pretty barren at 2pm today, Friday afternoon.

0 cars on 5 star and Gold lot.

PC had 6 sel edges , ranging from 19k-59k miles on them. The lone titanium edge was 59k.

A base rav 4 with 600 miles I grabbed, also a murano, equinox, Santa Fe, and a charger.

someone did pull up a really nice looking genesis SUV but took that to the upgrade section.

There were a bunch of cars in the reserved section at the back including a Prius, I walked into the gold counter and asked if I could have that but was told that’s only for dollar/thrifty, not hertz, and I’d have to take something from the lot.

I was also asked for proof of my corporation discount which thankfully I had my backup with me and found a single document, but which the checkout agent grilled me on.

In the 20 or so minutes I was there, I didn’t see a single vehicle brought out to the lot.

Pretty disappointing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.