Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at LGA; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 16, 2020, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Renting at LGA; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2021, 9:06 am

Programs: UA Gold 0.66MM, MR LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hertz PC
picked up a Cadillac XT5 (2020, 25k miles, FL Plates) from the PC stalls last Friday. Nothing else in PC worth considering, a couple small SUVs and a Malibu (i think).
Ordpc likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 5:56 pm

Thursday morning about 9:45am. PC was basically empty. A 4 door pickup truck, Nissan Rogue and a Chrysler 300 with no keys. I ended up taking a Mazda CX-5 with a cigarette burn in the seat. There was an Escalade in the upgrade section. Basically the same choices in 5 star with some smaller SUVs. Didn't see any sedans.
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 2:45 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Original Poster

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Arrived today (Wednesday) around noon. PC had one sedan, a Chevy Impala V6 Premier. The rest were SUV, a Chevy Trax (Base), Equinox (Base), and a Traverse LT; a Ford Escape SE, and a Nissan Rogue SV AWD. All vehicles except the one I took were 2020 models with between 16K and 26K miles on them. I was tempted to take either the Impala or Traverse but opted for the last SUV, which was a B5 2021 Mazda CX-30 AWD in the Select trim. It has only 2,100 miles and Maryland plates.

In 5* I saw a 2019 300S with 35K miles, a bunch of small Jeep and Nissan SUV, and a 4 door Wrangler.
jizen and Ordpc like this.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone rented a G/PCAR from LGA recently? If so, what was the selection for that class?
Old Apr 3, 2021, 5:05 am
Original Poster

It will almost certainly be a 2019/20 Chevy Impala with a decent amount of miles on it.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 10:25 pm

Can anyone tell me what to expect in the Gold lot when I fly in this thursday night? I land around 7pm. I booked a full size sedan as I cant comfortably fit in anything smaller than that, but I’m not sure what to expect in Gold that time of night.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 11:53 am

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Please let us know what you find come Thursday evening, but I would expect you will not find anything in Gold, and if you do I doubt there will be any Full Size or above. My assumption is you will be assigned a Malibu.

If there is nothing in Gold, they may let you pick from 5-star and you may be able to snag a 300 or small SUV.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by 91StealthES
Please let us know what you find come Thursday evening, but I would expect you will not find anything in Gold, and if you do I doubt there will be any Full Size or above. My assumption is you will be assigned a Malibu.

If there is nothing in Gold, they may let you pick from 5-star and you may be able to snag a 300 or small SUV.
Got to Hertz around 745pm last night. 2 agents working, about 10 people in line, and their system kept freezing every couple if minutes. Gold was empty so they let me pick from Five Star. All Five Star had left were two 2020 Corollas, one black and one grey. I took the grey Corolla, had 25k miles on the odometer. Didn't look at the other Corolla. Didn’t really get a good look at PC, but all I remember seeing in there was a 2019 or 2020 Malibu, and what looked to be a 2020 Nissan Kicks
Old Apr 9, 2021, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flyinmatty
I booked a full size sedan.
Gold was empty so they let me pick from Five Star. All Five Star had left were two 2020 Corollas, one black and one grey.
Sounds like you have a beef with Hertz, should you choose to pursue it. You booked a Full Size and what was offered was an Intermediate/Mid-Size. I think it would have been a reasonable and fair request to ask for a reprice of your contract at what is presumably the lower rate for a Corolla.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Sounds like you have a beef with Hertz, should you choose to pursue it. You booked a Full Size and what was offered was an Intermediate/Mid-Size. I think it would have been a reasonable and fair request to ask for a reprice of your contract at what is presumably the lower rate for a Corolla.
the actual price difference of midsize and full when I booked was like $5 so im not as concerned. I was gonna go back in to see if they had anything bigger but I waited on line for 30 min and it would have been another 30 min waiting on line again, it wasn’t worth the time. It just sucks because now I have to squeeze 3 other adults in the Corolla with me. I’m considering complaining to Hertz after I return the car
Old Apr 9, 2021, 2:39 pm

Got to Hertz around 745pm last night. 2 agents working, about 10 people in line, and their system kept freezing every couple if minutes. Gold was empty so they let me pick from Five Star. All Five Star had left were two 2020 Corollas, one black and one grey. I took the grey Corolla, had 25k miles on the odometer. Didn't look at the other Corolla. Didn’t really get a good look at PC, but all I remember seeing in there was a 2019 or 2020 Malibu, and what looked to be a 2020 Nissan Kicks
Maybe someone can educate me re Gold, PC, Five Star, etc. (I think I am Hertz Gold?) but if there were Malibus and a Kicks, why wouldnt you be allowed to take one of those in compliance with your res?
Old Apr 9, 2021, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

It's all explained here Questions/Discussion About Hertz Ultimate Choice Service

The member in question does not have elite status with Hertz so is limited to cars within the Gold Member section. Since there were none, he was offered to select from the 5 Star Elite section. The President's Circle section may only be used by members with that status.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 2:36 pm

Dropped off my car today at 330pm, saw the following:PC:

Hyundai Elantra x2

Nissan Rogue

Jeep Wrangler x2

Hyundai Sonata

Nissan Altima

Chevy Trax

5 Star:

Nissan Atima

Chevy Impala LT

Chevy Malibu

Chrysler 300

Jeep Wrangler

Ford Taurus

Nissan Kicks

Gold:

Chevy Malibu

Chevy Impala Premier

Nissan Rogue

Nissan Altima x2

I found it interesting that they had the Impala LT in Five Star while the Impala Premier was in Gold.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the report; I get the sense that there's some effort at LGA to use odometer mileage as one of their top criteria for sorting cars between PC, 5*, and Gold. Hence, you might find larger or higher-trim vehicles in the lower tier sections of the lot, but they may have > 35K miles on them. That, or the lot managers get lazy now and then.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 12, 2021 at 2:52 pm
Old Apr 12, 2021, 7:37 pm

Have there not been any minivans in a long time or is it just me?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.