Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Status Match to Hertz" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Status Match to Hertz" thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2020, 10:46 am

Programs: Marriot PLAT, National EE, Hilton GLD
I totally misunderstood what hertz was trying to say. I thought that they meant I would not be able to receive any PC benefits on the first rental but will on second rental and onwards. I didn't know I just have to verify my status, ID and cc before picking up. Will be able to use PC if I booked L4 SUV? Anyone recently used hertz lga?
Old Dec 26, 2020, 6:00 pm

Programs: National EE, Avis PP
Usually the attendants are pretty open to this. In short you'll be able to use PC if you ask and all you need is to book a midsize (C) or larger to use PC. If you end up finding a SUV in PC they typically lower your charge to the midsize rate.

As for LGA, check the thread dedicated to it.
BlockchainTraveler likes this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 27, 2020 at 4:13 am Reason: added url
Old Dec 27, 2020, 7:47 am

Thank you all!
I will be picking it up early tomorrow. Let's see what they will have on the lot.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 11:14 am

Got to Hertz LGA at 9AM. One staff working with long line. Waited for 30 minutes and finally met the agent at the counter. He activated my gold account and assigned a high lander. I ask if I could use the PC. He laughed and said you could take the pick up truck. Lol I called hertz and rep explained me that status match will start from Jan 1st.

This highlander is extremely dirty. I am on my way to Boston. It is shaking on the highway and specially when I press the brakes. I wonder if I can exchange it at boston.

Gold aisle was empty

PC had wrangler, mustang gt, caddilac xts and other regular cars.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 11:41 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Sorry to hear of your experience; sounds like it is best, when status-matched, to get one's status set and benefits unlocked in person *before* the first rental (this isn't always possible, of course). First Rental as a Hertz Gold Plus Member; Process for Picking Up Car?

Just to clarify the terms being thrown about, "PC" = President's Circle, the high-tier membership level in Hertz' frequent renter program.

"Ultimate Choice" is the name of the service offered at certain airport locations in North America that is akin to the National Emerald Aisle. In the future, when renting at a location with Ultimate Choice service with a reservation for a mid-size (C) or larger, you can pick from the President's Circle, 5-Star or non-reserved Gold sections of the lot.

If there is something mechanically wrong with your vehicle, you may be able to exchange it at BOS. Can you swap cars once your rental has begun?
jason8612 and Ordpc like this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 28, 2020 at 11:49 am
Old Feb 2, 2022, 7:28 am

Sorry, I am asking here. Is it possible to use hotels programs for matching Hertz?
Old Feb 3, 2022, 10:00 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by Zharas90
Sorry, I am asking here. Is it possible to use hotels programs for matching Hertz?
Use the hotel program to match to National.

Then use National to match to Hertz.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 5:17 pm

I just signed up for Gold Rewards, and despite this being my first rental with them, it's saying I'm already at the Five Star level. Would that be because I've linked a CDP from my employer (usable for both business and leisure rentals) and they automatically start you at that level? I doubt it's the card I saved as it's a basic Platinum card.

-Rob
Old Feb 5, 2022, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by Rob562
I just signed up for Gold Rewards, and despite this being my first rental with them, it's saying I'm already at the Five Star level. Would that be because I've linked a CDP from my employer (usable for both business and leisure rentals) and they automatically start you at that level? I doubt it's the card I saved as it's a basic Platinum card.

-Rob
There was an extended promo where new members were being upgraded to Five Star. Goes through June 30.
Auto Enthusiast, Rob562 and Ordpc like this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 5:52 am

Having a strange issue with status match. I have National EE status and was on five star status with hertz through credit card I held. I’ve gone through status match multiple times to go to PC and it is accepted but then reverts back to five star after 24 hours. I’ve removed the credit card from my profile that was giving me 5 star status but it still keep reverting back.

I’ve tried multiple times to get this fixed and it just never gets sorted. Anyone else experience this? I would change to just using National but for personal rentals Hertz comes in significantly cheaper for me than National.
​​​​​​​
Old Mar 2, 2022, 11:19 am
Suspended

How am I supposed to match from Avis presidents club to hertz when my membership card doesn’t show my full name and does * symbols over my last name? Thanks in advance
Old Jun 30, 2022, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by JordanWalker
I just realize I'm not even PC but just a 6* - not sure if they will still status match from National EE.
https://pub.emails.hertz.com/Hertz_Status_Match

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 2, 2022 at 4:33 am Reason: moved out of Burbank thread to keep it on topic
Old Jul 2, 2022, 1:33 am

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Do you know if Hertz proactively downgrade people if they dont meet the requirements each year?
Thinking if I should hold off matching, until closer to my travel dates.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 2:06 am

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Originally Posted by JordanWalker
Do you know if Hertz proactively downgrade people if they dont meet the requirements each year?
Thinking if I should hold off matching, until closer to my travel dates.
Thanks mods for merging my Q into this thread. I just finish going through the past 8 pages. Seem to be a mixed bag, anyone have any more recent DP?

1) If I match now, will it be valid till Dec 2022? Jul 2023? or Dec 2023?

2) Let's say I use National EE to match to PC now. And I do get downgraded to 6* next year. Anyone tried using the same EE to match back up to PC?

Usually with hotel and airline programs, you can only status match once. Not sure abotu car rentals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.