FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   Consolidated "Status Match to Hertz" thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1814669-consolidated-status-match-hertz-thread.html)

SwissCircle Aug 28, 2006 7:16 am

Consolidated "Status Match to Hertz" thread

Hi, question is: does Hertz ina Australia or Germany do status match? I am platinum with sixt. Moving to Brisbane for a lon peroid now.
Will they do that favor, Sixt is of no use there exept in SYD.

Which credit card in AUS provides me with rental accident cover?

Just joined #1 club and looked up a car in BNE. now instead of aus 68.- daily the car is being priced eur 110,. daily. Interesting thing...

SwissCircle Nov 18, 2006 8:23 pm

Status Match

Does anyone know if the do status match to 1 Clob Gold Presidential?
Have moved from Switzerland to Australia, not much use of my Sixt Platinum thingy!
Thanky for advise!

Peter M Nov 18, 2006 10:44 pm

The fastest way for you to find out is to call Hertz in Australia. The telephone number for Hertz #1 Gold is 1800 500 023. ;)

It's doubtful, but if Hertz are willing to Status Match? - Please let us know! Then, it may be similar to an airline status match you have to fax them your rental history and possibly invoices from last year. Feeding over 30 pages of invoices into a fax may take a while. :D

In Australia the number of rentals needed for *5 is 10/year, and for PC it is 30/year. :)

bettyflyer Nov 19, 2006 10:53 am

My Amex card got me Gold so that may be a simple option too.

Peter M Nov 19, 2006 11:45 am

Originally Posted by bettyflyer
My Amex card got me Gold so that may be a simple option too.

Betty,

Welcome to the Hertz Board. :)
What you got was an offer for Hertz #1 Gold membership waiving the $50 fee.
Hertz#1 Gold is the frequent renter program name, and Gold is the lowest status level (less than 10 rentals per year), Five Star (more than 10 rentals per year), Presidents Circle (More than 30/40 rentals per year, depending on home address country). There is also Platinum Hertz membership available by invitation only to people who's company spends more than $250,000 USD per year with Hertz.

The original poster is asking to status match from Sixt Platinum to Presidents Circle status within the Hertz #1 Gold program.

BTW My LH SEN card gave me complementary Sixt Platinum status, that I never used. :p

crnk Nov 19, 2006 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by Peter M
There is also Platinum Hertz membership available by invitation only to people who's company spends more than $250,000 USD per year with Hertz.

I'm not sure that 250k figure is necessarily correct....I worked there for a couple of years and was never really told anything that direct (but it seemed to be 100k-250k, so it may very well be true and just not shared often with employees.) Also, to clarify, it was offered to "key decision makers" of these companies: usually board members, CEOs, VPs or the like, depending on the company

Peter M Nov 20, 2006 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by crnk
I'm not sure that 250k figure is necessarily correct....I worked there for a couple of years and was never really told anything that direct (but it seemed to be 100k-250k, so it may very well be true and just not shared often with employees.) Also, to clarify, it was offered to "key decision makers" of these companies: usually board members, CEOs, VPs or the like, depending on the company

Welcome :) Any insights, tips, advice, or funny stories you want to share about Hertz would be appreciated. ^ All I know about Hertz is from my 350 rentals and still increasing :D

janewman94 Sep 29, 2010 11:49 am

Status Match

Will hertz status match? If they do from what schemes? I am looking to have a status much from sixt gold

Deltican Oct 4, 2010 12:38 pm

I have contacted the awards desk and was given a resounding "No" I have 71 ytd rentals this year with National and was given the go ahead by travel to use Hertz if I wanted to again.. so.. guess not. :cool:

ALARISstl Jan 11, 2017 3:52 pm

Consolidated "Status Match to Hertz" thread

Anyone recently been granted PC based on National Executive? (Or does Hertz only consider Executive Elite equivalent to PC

(Only for the points)

LuoboTiX Jan 12, 2017 8:56 am

Hertz only consider Executive Elite equivalent to PC

Yllanes Jan 13, 2017 4:22 pm

What did you submit as proof of status? The card you can print online does not specify the expiration date.

Edit: I was thinking of the opposite process, getting National EE from my Hertz PC.

Qwkynuf Jan 14, 2017 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Yllanes (Post 27757535)
What did you submit as proof of status? The card you can print online does not specify the expiration date.

Edit: I was thinking of the opposite process, getting National EE from my Hertz PC.

I matched from PC to National EE last May and the cars and rental experience were so superior that I moved all of my rentals to National - enough that I requalified for EE in less than 7 months.

I have only had 1 Hertz rental since then, and it just served to remind me why I switched....

Yllanes Jan 14, 2017 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf (Post 27761141)
I matched from PC to National EE last May and the cars and rental experience were so superior that I moved all of my rentals to National - enough that I requalified for EE in less than 7 months.

I have only had 1 Hertz rental since then, and it just served to remind me why I switched....

What proof of your PC status did you submit to National?

Qwkynuf Jan 15, 2017 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Yllanes (Post 27761910)
What proof of your PC status did you submit to National?

If I remember correctly, it was a screen grab of my "ID card" from the Hertz website, and another one of my recent rental history. I think the 2nd one only included my most recent month's worth. I was approved for the status match the next day.