Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Questions/Discussion About Hertz Ultimate Choice Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 29, 2017, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Questions regarding specific locations (eg, "I am Renting From XXX; What Might I Get?") may be moved to specific/dedicated threads for that location. All major airport codes may be searched using FlyerTalk's search engine; otherwise, words in " " quotation marks will bypass the character limit filter.

Overview of Service and List of Existing and Future Airport Locations: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/produ...ate_choice.jsp

Am I Eligible? Is My Vehicle Eligible?

Q. Who can use Ultimate Choice?
Any member of the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program is eligible to use Ultimate Choice. The areas you can select from depend on your status in the program (President's Circle, Five Star, or Gold).

Q. What is the minimum booking class to be eligible to freely select cars from Ultimate Choice?
A. You can book anything other than an Economy (A), Compact (B), or Manager's Special (EXAR) vehicle, and be eligible for Ultimate Choice.

Q. What if I book a lower class such as Economy or Compact or Manager's Special?
A. You will be assigned a car from that class (or higher, as a complimentary upgrade) in a marked space.

Q. What happens if I book a Economy or Compact but pick a higher-class car from Ultimate Choice?
A. You will likely be asked to pay the midsize rental rate by the gate agent.

Q. What if I book a Fullsize car but find a lower class car in Ultimate Choice that I like better?
A. You may chose to take it, but you will pay the originally-booked Fullsize rate.

Q. What if I book a Adrenaline/Electric/Hybrid/Luxury/Prestige car or a Minivan/Truck/SUV?
A. You will be assigned a car from that class in a marked space. You can either accept it or chose a car from Ultimate Choice.

Q. Can I use Ultimate Choice for one-way rentals?
A. Yes.

Q. Can I use Ultimate Choice for award rentals?
A. Yes, provided the reservation is for a mid-size car or higher.

Print Wikipost

Questions/Discussion About Hertz Ultimate Choice Service

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2023, 8:34 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I went ahead and merged the question to the existing thread.

Thanks,
Jason8612 Hertz Mod
Old Jan 11, 2023, 11:03 pm

Ultimate Choice Question

I have PC and usually book a midsize, then pick up whatever I can find in the PC section.

However, this time I noticed that both the "Compact SUV" (B4) and "Small SUV" (Q4) were SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper - like 50% less - than the midsize rate.

Do these qualify for Ultimate Choice? I assume Q4 (small SUV) probably does, but what about B4 (compact SUV)? I haven't been able to find an actual list of vehicle classes in order from lowest to highest, so I'm not sure what qualifies as "midsize or better"
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 7:21 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Snrps !

We have an existing thread in this forum on Ultimate Choice with a FAQ - Questions/Discussion About Hertz Ultimate Choice Service

Q. What is the minimum booking class to be eligible to freely select cars from Ultimate Choice?
A. You can book anything other than an Economy (A), Compact (B), or Manager's Special (EXAR) vehicle, and be eligible for Ultimate Choice.

To directly answer your question, B4 or Q4 *are* eligible for Ultimate Choice.

Q. What if I book a Luxury/Prestige/Adrenaline car or a Minivan/Truck/SUV?
A. You will be assigned a car from that class in a marked space. You can either accept it or chose a car from Ultimate Choice.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 9:55 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Welcome Snrps!

I went ahead and merged the question with the existing thread.

Thanks
Jason8612 Hertz Mod
Old Jan 18, 2023, 4:41 am

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
I am renting from PHX in March and have am PC. Do I have to go to the office to add a driver (complimentary with PC)? Also, where will the "upgrade for $25/day" cars be located? I'm based in the UK so not used to Ultimate Choice...
Old Jan 18, 2023, 2:25 pm

I'm flying to Dulles next week, and I don't usually get to rent where there's Ultimate Choice available. I'm President's Circle and my reservation says Gold Canopy, and the Ultimate Choice page says I have to rent Midsize or higher, but when you select cars they have different language, and I can't find anywhere that defines what classes are "midsize". I have a Medium/Intermediate (C) 'Mazda3' booked. Does that qualify as midsize? If my name is assigned to a car on the board for Gold Canopy, can I still grab the keys for a different car?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 18, 2023 at 7:04 pm Reason: moved into thread where this question can be answered from previous posts
Old Jan 18, 2023, 7:06 pm

Medium/Intermediate (C) will get you access to Ultimate Choice (as will any other class that may be cheaper other than the above).

For an idea of what the selection would be, please see: Consolidated "Renting at IAD; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread
Old Feb 25, 2023, 4:18 pm

I'm a PC due to Amex Platinum, my platinum discount code is used with the reservation, but I used my CSR to book the vehicle (pay at counter). Will I have any issues with this? I booked a (C) Intermediate for the Ultimate Choice. Thanks!
Old Feb 25, 2023, 4:42 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

It makes absolutely no difference which card you book/pay with. Hertz does not care. All benefits still apply.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 5:44 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by woodcmfr
I'm a PC due to Amex Platinum, my platinum discount code is used with the reservation, but I used my CSR to book the vehicle (pay at counter). Will I have any issues with this? I booked a (C) Intermediate for the Ultimate Choice. Thanks!
Very unlikely.

For years I had an Amex CDP as the default on my profile (from my Amex corporate card) but used a corporate visa as the primary/default payment method for my rentals. Don't think anyone ever noticed/said anything... only reason I flipped it over to the corporate amex was the visa expired and the number changed, but my Amex card # hasn't changed in the better part of two decades so I could enter it from memory.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 12:10 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LT Plat
I know economy is technically ineligible for choice benefits but wanted to relay a recent experience. Last month as a PC I booked A at SFO; board directed me to Gold Choice. Not sure if this is standard practice, was pretty happy with the Lexus NX that I found in the Gold section.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 2:59 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
You can just grab a car from the PC/UC section if you find something you’d prefer over the C4 you reserved.
Seems obvious that I can from reading this thread... but I can book an I class car (Large premium luxury car) and yet still go to UC and pick up a smaller car, correct? For some reason I'm seeing a rate for the Large premium that is the lowest, although I don't want a car that big. (JFK is the pickup location)
Old Apr 11, 2023, 3:36 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Seems obvious that I can from reading this thread... but I can book an I class car (Large premium luxury car) and yet still go to UC and pick up a smaller car, correct? For some reason I'm seeing a rate for the Large premium that is the lowest, although I don't want a car that big. (JFK is the pickup location)
Yes, this should work fine.
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 4:50 am

Hi All.
I need a 7 seater for our family trip. From what I can see on Hertz.com, my options are minivan, 7-seat midsize SUV, and full size SUV.
If I book a minivan, are the SUVs available to pick from the PC ultimate choice lot? I am PC, and we are picking up the car at MKE. Thanks.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 5:21 am

From the wikipost of this thread (hard to see):

Q. What if I book a Adrenaline/Electric/Hybrid/Luxury/Prestige car or a Minivan/Truck/SUV?
Auto Enthusiast and asdfghjk like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.